Aussies are so average now!

I started a thread saying it was an end of an aussie era. But to be honest the aussies have plummeted faster then even I could have predicted. They have lost to India, SA and England all in 12 months. Then run reasonably close by a pathetic Windies team. Now they are also about to lose a test at home to a very average pak side(some would say poor). They rapid demise of the aussies has been unbeiavble, even worse then even I called it. They have no fear factor at all now. It also makes a mockery of previuos theories about how much strngh in depth they had and the conveyor belt of talent many percieved. I mean during their dominant year many felt even an Aussie D team would be best in world. Just shows what nonsense that was! And unbelivably things will get even worse as Pointing is running on empty and Hussey can only have year or two left in him. The class replacements are not there! They really are so average now.

Hmm well they have still shown they have a great setup with wins in Champions Trophy, CLT20 and ODI series in India. They are struggling in Test cricket though, maybe due to lack of experienced players, an out of form middle order and a very one dimensional bowling attack. I mean you look at their new players like Bollinger, Johnson, Watson ( new to Test ) and they are all doing pretty well, why it isn't translating into a great test team is a bit of a mystery.

Rainy day, its not that they don't have a great team in test. Its that they are not even good. In fact they are average.
Well honestly other then India every team's batting has become **** to medicore in the last 6 months of so for some reason. Every team seems to be struggling and that's Australia main problem as well and while their domestic cricket has a lot of good fast bowlers i don't see any great Test batting prospects in their first class ranks as well.
Well honestly other then India every team's batting has become **** to medicore in the last 6 months of so for some reason. Every team seems to be struggling and that's Australia main problem as well and while their domestic cricket has a lot of good fast bowlers i don't see any great Test batting prospects in their first class ranks as well.
Good point. Batting does seem to have slumped world widwide. Maybe all the fears of bat dominating ball too much were over hyped?

Their middle order is very subtle. Clarke, North and Haddin are all out of form at the same time hence they are finding it difficult to build on partnerships. You don't often see the Aussies losing wickets in pairs but that seems to happen frequently nowadays. Anyway, they have a good pool of players - Callum Ferguson(injured), C White, Klinger, Khawaja, Cosgrove - have all done well in the Shield over the two years. Klinger/ Cosgrove most prolly will get a call for NZ if North fails again in the final test. I did expect the Aussies to come back strong. They may not retain the top spot by next year but certainly be there in the top three or so.

When u got Hauritz to replace Warne, what else could one expect :giggle: It just indicates the massive change in line up there is. After Mcgrath's retirement, it was expected that Lee would be the spearhead of the attack and groom the youngsters .. what u have now is an erratic Johnson saving their team time and again. And then the batting suddenly goes kaput .. massive disaster sure to occur. I really dont see how captaincy is going to cover all of that.