Changing Batting Orders.

king2be98

Often in ODI cricket batting orders are changed. India over the last decade probably did it more than anyone else and my question is, is it a good thing or a bad thing? When scores are up to 300, perhaps even 325 most sides will use the same conventional batting line up that they are used to. However when the target is very high or occassionally very small, then captains like to change their batting order. Now India have been blessed, they usually changed the order by sending in one of their power hitters to bring the asking rate down and they had quite a few choices. Other sides were not as blessed and probably aren't right now. When Pakistan had to chase anything over 325 they were quick to promote Afridi or Razzaq, sometimes both. Is is a good thing? I personally don't think it is. My argument is this, limited overs cricket has developed very quickly over the last 10 years, at the start of the century 300was still a huge score and out of reach for most sides, but as pitches have become flatter, shorter boundaries and with the introduction of more powerplays and whole host of other batsman favoured features, scores of 350 are very common now. So should sides not be prepared to chase down these totals without changing the batting order? India has had a lot of success changing the batting order, but every now and then it's really hurt them too. Some of the guys I talk about cricket with feel that you need to be able to change the batting order, I feel you shouldn't have to. If Pakistan have to chase 350 agaisnt Aus in this coming ODI series and they probably will have to at least once, then they should stick with their normal batting line up, if the guys at the top can't score at SRs of 120, then should they even be in the team? India I suppose have the luxury of many gifted stroke players who all rattle along at a rapid speed, but still I feel that batting orders should be as stable as possible.