Guess the 4 new cities in IPL 2011

ViruRulez

I just saw Lalit Modi's interview on news channel and he said that there would be 10 teams which means 4 new teams/franchisees in 2011 and after that there would be no more teams for the next decade at least. He also confirmed about the 94 and said that there would be 94 games in total and the franchisees would increase from 6 to 10. He also confirmed on his twitter page that an existing IPL city cannot get another team. So, it means the 4 teams would be from 4 new cities. Which cities do you think will get these 4 franchisees. My guess are: Ahmedabad (sure shot as it is one big city without team) Nagpur (maybe Pune too but I think Nagpur would get) Lucknow (Bhopal might also have a chance but Lucknow seems to follow cricket more) Kochi (or other Kerelian city .. would mean all 4 southie states gettting IPL teams :headshake: )

I just saw Lalit Modi's interview on news channel and he said that there would be 10 teams which means 4 new teams/franchisees in 2011 and after that there would be no more teams for the next decade at least. He also confirmed about the 94 and said that there would be 94 games in total and the franchisees would increase from 6 to 10. He also confirmed on his twitter page that an existing IPL city cannot get another team. So, it means the 4 teams would be from 4 new cities. Which cities do you think will get these 4 franchisees. My guess are: Ahmedabad (sure shot as it is one big city without team) Nagpur (maybe Pune too but I think Nagpur would get) Lucknow (Bhopal might also have a chance but Lucknow seems to follow cricket more) Kochi (or other Kerelian city .. would mean all 4 southie states gettting IPL teams :headshake: )
???? There are currently 8 teams so 8+4=12.

Ahemdabad - sure shot Nagpur/Pune - sure shot one of them Lucknow/Kanpur(Green Park) - haven't heard about Bhopal I think the 4th is still open to be taken - Kochi or some other city.

Telangana wants a team on its own.
Umm..according to the map drawn by the dimwits (those who are for "liberation" of telangana from AP) they already have a team named Deccan Chargers representing them :giggle: