Mumbai Indians

Squad Mumbai Indians: Sachin Tendulkar (capt) (WELL HE IS THE BEST), Lasith Malinga :hehe:, Kieron Pollard :finger:, Ambati Rayudu :hehe:, Chandan Madan :hehe: , Syed Sahabuddin :hehe: , Dhawal Kulkarni, Shikhar Dhawan :finger: , Graham Napier, Dilhara Fernando :hehe: , Dwayne Bravo :eyedance: , Zaheer Khan :pray: , Ali Murtaza, Saurabh Tiwary, R Sathish, Aditya Tare, Ishan Malhotra :hehe: , Rahul Shukla :hehe: , Abhishek Nayar :hehe: , JP Duminy :hehe: , Sanath Jayasuriya :pray: , Harbhajan Singh (NA). No Pinal Shah, no Takawale, no Rahane !!!

Guest DeveGowda

MI is too Much depending on pollard...if he clicked they have a chance or else same as last year..:giggle: (i know they have Sachin,Sanath and all..Still KP is the man who may take them as far as possinle)

All news/discussions related to :mi: Post your starting line up. Mine:
  1. Sachin Tendulkar*
  2. Sanath Jayasuriya
  3. Shikhar Dhawan
  4. J P Duminy
  5. Dwayne Bravo
  6. Keiron Pollard
  7. Abhishek Nayar
  8. Chandan Madan (wk)
  9. Harbhajan Singh
  10. Zaheer Khan
  11. Dhawal Kulkarni

Batting looks good, Kulkarni made 87 recently in the Ranji finals. Bowling is decent: Zak, Kulkarni, Bravo, Nayar, Pollard and Sanath, Duminy, Bhajji for the spinning options.

I'm still upset at the fact that they haven't picked Rahane. Except for that, the team you have picked looks perfect for the first match. Maybe just Rayudu for Duminy if Duminy continues to be out of form and Malinga for Kulkarni.

Kulkarni has been so consistent' date=' but no sign of entry into Indian Squad![/quote'] He simply lacks pace. He bowls at less than 130kph, which won't trouble many international class batsmen. He needs to build some muscles, start bowling at least 135kph and retain the movement he gets off the pitch.

Kevin Pollard, for whom MI paid out of their hats, has scored: 6,9,3,12,5 in his last 5 T20I innings! :angry_smile:
Mediocrity comes at a very high price in IPL, these teams do not conduct proper research prior to auctions. Pollard's gonna be a big flop in IPL.

Mediocrity comes at a very high price in IPL' date=' these teams do not conduct proper research prior to auctions. Pollard's gonna be a big flop in IPL.[/quote'] lol, I don't think so, he just played the some of World's Best Bowlers on quick aussie pitches. Come IPL, we will have highways and VRV's. So I dont think it is much of an issue to ponder upon.

Mediocrity comes at a very high price in IPL' date=' these teams do not conduct proper research prior to auctions. Pollard's gonna be a big flop in IPL.[/quote'] Absolutely. I don't think they even watch the player play. They just go by reputation. Apparently, Nita Ambani was asked by MI's coach and captain to get an all-rounder. So, she went all-out in pursuit of the first non-Pakistani all-rounder auctioned regardless of what he has achieved in the past.

Absolutely. I don't think they even watch the player play. They just go by reputation. Apparently' date=' Nita Ambani was asked by MI's coach and captain to get an all-rounder. So, she went all-out in pursuit of the first non-Pakistani all-rounder auctioned regardless of what he has achieved in the past.[/quote'] errr.......did you guys pay attention to WI in Australia? :finger:

Guest DeveGowda

Problem for pollard is the Tremendous amount of Expectation from owners and fans..if he able show abiltity in facin these expectations he may do well..anyway most of the matches will be played on batting pitches and atleast 2 bowlers are average... i think he will be under more pressure than other players in the team...just because of Too much money spent on him....