IPL opening match moved out of Hyderabad

SachDan

The opening match of the Indian Premier League (IPL) has been moved out of Hyderabad because of the ongoing protests over the Telangana agitation. The inaugural match between defending champions Deccan Chargers and the Kolkata Knight Riders, scheduled to be held in Hyderabad on March 12, will now be played here at D.Y. Patil Stadium. "The first match of the IPL's new season will now be held in Mumbai on March 12," an IPL official said. "The opening match and the gala dinner the previous evening are very important for us. People from all over the world are coming and we are going to make sure that everything is in order. We don't want to take any chances," IPL chairman and commissioner Modi told reporters here Friday. "There are no changes to other matches, everything looks fine." Sources in IPL said the match has been shifted as a precautionary measure because the opening ceremony is also scheduled simultaneously. Rest of the four home matches of Deccan Chargers will be held in Hyderabad while two matches will take place in Vishakapatnam, the new home venue of the team which has been added this year. The other two new home venues are Ahmedabad for the Rajasthan Royals and Dharamshala for the Kings XI Punjab.
Good for Dhakkan since they have a 100% record at Hyderabad :winky: LINK

I am not sure if this is due to security concerns. The amount of risks in Hyderabad due to Telengana is same as is there in Mumbai after the SS warning and considering both DC and KKR have a lot of Aus players. Both the threats are nearly negligible as normal people dont give an ass to any of these people and these are just politically motivated threats. I think it is for more revenue and great presence that Modi is shifting it to Mumbai.

I am not sure if this is due to security concerns. The amount of risks in Hyderabad due to Telengana is same as is there in Mumbai after the SS warning and considering both DC and KKR have a lot of Aus players. Both the threats are nearly negligible as normal people dont give an ass to any of these people and these are just politically motivated threats. I think it is for more revenue and great presence that Modi is shifting it to Mumbai.
Nahi yaar .. very smartly SS mentioned that they wont allow "Australian Team " to play in Mumbai. which means players can still play in the IPL .. jada fadda lega to ambanis n modis will stop giving him Donations

Guest DeveGowda

I dont know why they shifted match to mumbai..they should have played in bangalore or chennai which are near to hyderbaad...or evn Kochin :winky: