Doctor Afridi: A bite a day, reverse swing way (Only Banned for 2 T20's)

This quote from PP takes the cake

Australian were on the edge of loosing, so they came up with this act and every one jump and started cursing the player. Man these ausie are good and can not handle to loose. Now here is a good example of how good our team is. Regardless of what went on with the player, grouping, politics or whatever the case, they got ausie's by the throat today. That show the potential of our team. We can sort the issue out within our team, bring honest and professional chairman of PCB who actually is fair, I can guarantee you that Pakistan beat Australia without any problem. Please do not get side tracked with this ausie drama. I know the situation of our team is screwed up but we need to back them give a constructive criticism not negative.

I just dug up this old article and I can barely control my absolute sense of disbelief;

MS Dhoni banned for two ODIs Cricinfo staff December 19, 2009 MS Dhoni, India's captain, has been banned for two ODIs for India's failure to maintain the over-rate during the second match against Sri Lanka in Nagpur. The ban is effective immediately, which means Dhoni will be unavailable for the games in Cuttack and Kolkata, returning only for the final ODI in Delhi. Virender Sehwag will captain the side in his absence. The severity of the penalty - a ban instead of a fine - is because India were three overs short, which comes under the "serious over-rate offence" category. Falling short by up to two overs in an ODI, and five in a Test day, is considered a "minor offence", and merits a ban only if the offence is repeated twice in 12 months. On Friday night, though, India finished their 50 overs about 45 minutes after the scheduled finish and left match referee Jeff Crowe with no choice but to impose a ban. If India repeat a serious over-rate offence in any form of the game within the next 12 months, Dhoni could earn himself a ban of two to eight ODIs or one to four Tests. "The India captain, like his Sri Lanka counterpart, was reminded and warned before and during the ODI series to be mindful of the slow over-rates and the penalties under the revised code," Crowe said. "The Indian side was at par until the 42nd over but bowled only eight overs in the last hour which, is unacceptable. I accept the fact that the ultimate desire of the Indian side was to win the match but at the same time it had deadlines to meet and also fulfill the responsibilities it owed to the stakeholders." The rest of the Indian players were fined 40% of their match fee for the offence - 10% each for the first two overs of minor offence and 20% each for every subsequent over. The BCCI has also stated that it will not appeal against the ban. ............
http://www.cricinfo.com/indvsl2009/content/story/440276.html So lets get this straight, not only was our captain banned for 2 matches because we fell short of bowling the mandatory overs just just 3 overs, but every single member of the team gets docked 40% of their match. In Afridi's case, he just tried to fix the outcome of a cricket match by attempting to illegally alter the playing conditions, but he and the rest of Pakistani team get a less harsh sentence? If ever there was a WTF moment, this is it...
I imposed the maximum penalty under the code to Shahid and reminded him of his responsibilities as a national captain which is to ensure that the match is played according to the laws of the game and in the spirit in which it is intended to be played," said Madugalle. "Shahid, when pleading guilty, apologised and regretted his actions."
The International Cricket Council confirmed that Afridi had received two suspension points after breaching the ICC Code of Conduct during the game. Two suspension points in the code means a ban of a Test, two ODIs or two T20Is. Shahid was charged with an article 2.2.9 offence of the ICC Code of Conduct which relates to "changing the condition of the ball in breach of Law 42.3 of the Laws of Cricket".
http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5iI_9xzYnor8ukfO2mNqgB4uVzNHA There you go. What a load of tosh. Who the **** came up with this codes and its punishments.

Just look this, all these are classified as Level-2 offences by ICC (meaning a punishment of 1 test/2 ODIs.)

Level 2 The Offences set out at 2.1 to 2.11 below are Level 2 Offences. The Penalty for a Level 2 Offence shallbe a fine of the equivalent of between 50% of the Player or Official’s match fee up to their full match fee and/or a 1 Test Match or 2 ODI Match ban 2.1 Showing serious dissent at an umpire’s decision.. 2.2 Breach of the Logo Policy relating to a commercial logo or a player’s bat logo as defined therein. 2.3 Serious public criticism of, or inappropriate comment on a match related incident or match official. 2.4 Inappropriate and deliberate physical contact between Players in the course of play. 2.5 Charging or advancing towards the umpire in an aggressive manner when appealing. 2.6 Deliberate and malicious distraction or obstruction on the field of play (this supplements and does not replace ICC Standard Test Match and ODI Playing Conditions clauses 42.2 and 42.3). 2.7 Throwing the ball at or near a Player, umpire or official in an inappropriate and/or dangerous manner. 2.8 Using language that is obscene, offensive or of a seriously insulting nature to another Player, umpire, Referee, Team Official or spectator. (It is acknowledged that there will be verbal exchanges between Players in the course of play. Rather than seeking to eliminate these exchanges entirely, umpires will look to lay charges when this falls below an acceptable standard. In this instance, language will be interpreted to include gestures). 2.9 Changing the condition of the ball in breach of Law 42.3 as read with Standard Test Match and ODI Playing Conditions clause 42.1 (this supplements and does not replace the provisions of the Laws of Cricket and Standard Test Match and ODI Playing Conditions). 2.10 Any attempt to manipulate a match in regard to the result, net run rate, bonus points or otherwise. The Captain of any team guilty of such conduct shall be held responsible. 2.11 Failure by a Captain to ensure that his team meets the minimum over rate requirements as contained in Section J below to the extent as set out in paragraph 5 © iii thereof.
How in the world do, articles 2.9 (relating to ball tampering) and 2.10 even remotely slot themselves as level 2 offence, a category that has other offences like 'breach of logo requirements' or 'failure to bowl the mandatory overs' is simply beyond logic. So according to the ICC, a player who is trying to fix a match (which is essentially what article 2.10 refers to) and a player who's in slight violation of logo requirements on the official match-kit are equally guilty? Can some sane head in the ICC please look at this and tell us how this is even possible?

You know whats the most funny part is? that a former Pak captain actually led his side to forfeit a test match and end the career of an umpire because they were falsely accused of ball tampering. It was made that the whole honor of Pak as a country was tarnished because they were falsely accused Now that someone actually admits to ball-tampering, suddenly its no big deal and can happen with anyone and should be forgotten. Hair must be splitting his side laughing at the ICC jokers

What the hell was he thinking there are so many cameras around the ground and he is the captain of the team, so they are constantly following his every move, of course he is going to get caught. I can't believe he tried to do it, but also that he made it so bloody obvious. Perhaps he should go get some tips off the English.

http://blogs.abc.net.au/files/afridi_waca.mp3 Afretard getting pwned by the ABC reporter "I was smelling the ball" "But you don't smell with your teeth, Shahid..." "Don't ask negative questions" :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Smell it? hahahahahahahahah don't ask negative questions? OMFG Brilliant. I am now a fan of Afridi :two_thumbs_up: What a ****ing comment. Legend This guy gives different comments every hour
http://blogs.abc.net.au/files/afridi_waca.mp3 Afretard getting pwned by the ABC reporter "I was smelling the ball" "But you don't smell with your teeth, Shahid..." "Don't ask negative questions" :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
" But you don't smell with your teeth" "Sometimes you can do" :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Aaj tak, Zee news et all must also be having a field day all with zooming and repeating the video.:haha:
You know whats the most funny part is? that a former Pak captain actually led his side to forfeit a test match and end the career of an umpire because they were falsely accused of ball tampering. It was made that the whole honor of Pak as a country was tarnished because they were falsely accused Now that someone actually admits to ball-tampering, suddenly its no big deal and can happen with anyone and should be forgotten. Hair must be splitting his side laughing at the ICC jokers
You are soo right lol This was supposed to be a quiet day for to do a job application or 2 and relax, but I've spent most of the day laughing my ass off
"I was smelling the ball" "But you don't smell with your teeth, Shahid..." "Sometimes, you can do it...er.....Don't ask negative questions" Oh my goodness...I can only shake my head in sheer disbelief. Paki or not, this guy is an utter insult to human intelligence.

Sriram, I made the same point on the thread a bit earlier. In ICC-speak, blatant cheating carries the same tariff as failing to keep up with the over rate. With a constitution like that, is there any wonder that cricket has become a laughing stock? Tell me, which other bunch of administrators would have let the game be taken over by a small cartel of businessmen based in Gujarat and ruthlessly milked for their own selfish ends. But who listens to us? We are just small time fans moaning on a website. Cricinfo, which is read by millions of readers, will be largely silent on this issue. It doesn't suit them to upset the applecart, antagonise the millions of Afridi fans (that's all Pakistani fans) and lose readership in the process. Cricket has become a gravy train, where all parties have a silent quid pro quo with other vested interests- you scratch my back and I'll overlook the occasional indiscretion.

I just dug up this old article and I can barely control my absolute sense of disbelief; http://www.cricinfo.com/indvsl2009/content/story/440276.html So lets get this straight, not only was our captain banned for 2 matches because we fell short of bowling the mandatory overs just just 3 overs, but every single member of the team gets docked 40% of their match. In Afridi's case, he just tried to fix the outcome of a cricket match by attempting to illegally alter the playing conditions, but he and the rest of Pakistani team get a less harsh sentence? If ever there was a WTF moment, this is it...
Really ridiculous, isnt it