Have you ever been to a rock concert ?

EnterTheVoid

@ Vijay Sharma: That is an interesting write up. Although I am unsure what triggered the outburst. Did I say something wrong? I wasn't taking a stab at rock music fans or the genre of music. I was just recounting what I observed at a rock music concert in Mumbai. That is all. No more, no less.
No I wasn't hitting out or anything...let's just put it down to a tired, sleepy eyed fellow ranting something before he hit the bed :winky:
For a rock music experience' date=' I'd prefer Hard Rock Cafe anyday to these concerts.[/quote']To each his own. However, maybe you must check out more rock concerts before coming to that conclusion. I've been to a Roger Waters concert back in 2002 in Blore. You see Pink Floyd and Roger Waters (erstwhile bassist of Floyd) are extremely unique in the rock genre. They are not physically expressive but maintain a certain kind of sophistication in their shows (the elaborate stages, lovely visuals, bars on the stage, nice sofas on the stage, etc). And the reason you found only uncles there is because those uncles were like what I am today - rocker uncles. As I stand today, since I have seen many rock concerts, I don't find Scorpions or Bon Jovi or Megadeth appealing enough to shell out 1k or 2k to go drive thru the traffic and all. I am an "uncle" already. I did go for Iron Maiden back in 2007(?) but the next time they come I'll comfortably pass. When Metallica comes I'll go, next time Roger Waters comes I'll pass. It depends when you had been to Mood-I and I-Rock. Up until 1999 I-Rock was basically about rock. I was there in 99 and even in 2000. But in 98 the idiots brought KK on as the main act...the guy was greeted with bottles and burgers. This is anecdotal but I've heard that the 'rock' in I-Rock is no longer there. So you will find lotsa pseudo rockers and ghatpandes in there. Not saying rockers behave very well...of course the young ones are full of josh and anybody in their teens and early 20s is a rebel without a cause. In Bangalore we used to have what was called "Freedom Jam" (OT: 'freedom' now that word defines what we got in 1947...our constitution must change to stop using 'independence' to refer to our freedom. We were never 'dependent' on dem brit fu
Edit: I know different people have their moral compasses pointing in different directions' date=' but you talk about sharing [b']dope, that too with total strangers as a good thing. :WTF: Please tell me that was sarcasm.
O wow, so now you are judging me for doping? Did you know that ganja and hemp in general is a thousand times less unhealthy than alcohol. IN fact ganja has medicinal properties. And take it from me, nothing absolutely nothing is injurious to health when taken in moderation or once in a while. My dear, ganja has always been part of India's tradition until the stupid fu

O most important is this band - Colorblind. Damnm what a sound man! What a fuhttp://amabilisinsania.com/colourblind/ Videos - Blast - lxYAr4jJNK4&feature=related Colorblind - ntPyDcJK5rc&feature=related
Very good use of pinch harmonics + film noir style. Vijay, send that video that you were talking about my way.

Sree, I haven't heard much of Danzig....I always thought they were more like Gothic Metal but this one sounds pretty much Glam-ish Rock/Metal. Nice groove and curves too :winky: Hey just send me your email id in a pm and I'll send u the mp3
Nice ass too. If you like Gothic metal, I can't recommend these guys highly enough: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dW6aNAZGTM]‪Cradle Of Filth - Nymphetamine‬‏ - YouTube[/ame] If you got .5 hr, give this a listen; Mind bending riffs + kick ass guitar licks + lightning fast solos. Start with 'Angel Of Death'

2n8tno6.jpg

Any Dream Theater, Queensryche fans here? Sree, I heard Cradle of Filth before and somehow I just couldn't take to it although I appreciate the fact that they had two vocalists - one going at a high pitch witchy voice and the other at a low pitch gruffy voice. But I couldn't listen to them for more than a month. Slayer...I used to like Divine Intervention but somehow I wasn't able to connect to them well. On the other hand, some darkish bands like Machines of Loving Grace and Type O Negative I used to like them and still listen to them. My ex wife liked Nine Inch Nails and Marilyn Manson....they were nah nah for me...lol