The Best Wicket Keeper Batsmen in the world

dr_tooley

Across, the 3 formats, I believe its a close call between Mark Boucher & MS Dhoni. As far as the talk of the greatest keeper batsman of all time goes, its gotta be Farokh Engineer. He pwns Gilly and any keeper-batsmen of any era on any given day. :adore: Farokh gave the world the concept of the keeper-batsman. And everyone has taken cue from him. :adore:

I think you're wrong about Haddin mate' date=' I reckon he is a good batsman and he is rated highly by Aussies.[/quote'] You are Aussie. You forgot that? :giggle:
I think you're wrong about Haddin mate' date=' I reckon he is a good batsman and he is rated highly by Aussies.[/quote'] Yes, he is a fairly good batsman. But he plays way too many shots. And I dont see him playing the short ball too well. That apart I detest the bad vibes he brings onto the cricket field. I have seen him misbehave on the cricket field one too many times.
Dhoni is ahead of Gilchrist by all means! Gilly is a team man and powerful attacker of the ball, i love him a lot among aussies... but MS is simply and way ahead than the listed people above!
I am sorry - but if the comparison also included Gilchrist, then there is no competition. M.S.Dhoni has miles and miles to go before even being compared to Adam Gilchrist. Test matches guys - that is what is the meat and drink of the game. And Dhoni has a long way to go yet.
Dude' date=' you don't need to inform me who Engineer is. I'm questioning your ludicrous assertion that he is the best keeper batsman of all time including pwning Gilly.[/quote'] I really hate it when well informed people like yourself go over-the-top with the Gilly praise. He was just not that good as a keeper. Even he knows it. He was a gun with the bat, but he was nothing exceptional behind the stumps. Mark Boucher is the best atm and Farokh is the best ever, coz not only was he a great keeper, he was also a great batsman. And you its not just me who says it. Cricket legends do. Dhoni is the best keeper-batsman atm, and his keeping has improved a lot over the past few yrs. But I'll still pick Boucher
I really hate it when well informed people like yourself go over-the-top with the Gilly praise. He was just not that good as a keeper. Even he knows it. He was a gun with the bat' date=' but he was nothing exceptional behind the stumps. Mark Boucher is the best atm and Farokh is the best ever, coz not only was he a great keeper, he was also a great batsman. And you its not just me who says it. Cricket legends do.[/quote'] :banghead: Never mind.
I dont know about the old timers but as far as I have seen Gilly is best Wicket keeper batsman of all time followed by Kumar and Dhoni.
I would agree at the moment. But from the list only Dhoni Gilly. I am very impressed at the way his temperment has improved over the past 3 three years. If he stays focused, he has a chance to become something truely special.

Mark Boucher is the best in Test for his wicket keeping skills, his batting doesn't matter as already they have such dominant players in the line up. Dhoni in ODI but getting competition from Haddin, Haddin is also an excellent keeper. Dhoni's skills looks an amateur compared to Haddin, he maye have cheated once against Broom, but common have you seen the match against banglas, the whole new zealand team cheated to snatch a win against a minnow lol hahaha.

Without a doubt, it has to be Dhoni....This guy is a great find for India...Calm as a cucumber. His test performances are also improving. However, I still think Gilchrist was better in his days and considering he started it back in the days when the other wicket keepers were just good enough to put bat to ball.