The Best Wicket Keeper Batsmen in the world

dr_tooley

Interesting post I got from another forum. Since Gilchrist revolutionalized the the role there have been a plethora of excellent wicket-keeper batsmen. Guys who are genuine all rounders: able to gain their position in the side as wicket keeper or batsman. This is just my personal opinion. Based on all round wicket keeping batting ability in Test, ODI and T20. 1. Dhoni - Easily the best. 2. Sangakkara - Probably the best batsman but loses a place for too many missed chances with the gloves on. 3. Prasanna Jayawardene - This guy is an outstanding the Batsman. May end up becoming the best. 4. Kamran - A short run of poor form can't mask this guy's talent as we saw in the recent T20 5. Brendan McCullum - again outstanding in both roles. If he had better shot selection could be one of the greats. 6. Mark Boucher - less talented than the ones above with tbe Bat. Still an excellent player in the pressure situation. 7. Dinesh Karthik - recent double hundred in domestic competition and good performances in ODI underlies his ability. 8. Brad Haddin - only one word this this guy. Overrated. Vastly overrated by everyone except the Aussies who don't rate him at all. Still is ok in both roles. Would'nt be able to get a place if any of the first 7 were competing with him. 9. Dinesh Ramdin - Average talent at best. 10. Matt Pryor - English Mediocraty. B->B->B->B->

Dhoni is the best, no doubt about that. Sanga does not qualify in that list as he does not keep anymore and that's what helped him be a better batsman than he was. Akmal does not qualify. Standing behind the wickets with keeping gloves does not make him a keeper.
I belive RD (when he was forced to keep during WC'03) used to do a better job behind the wkts than Akmal

misleading thread title. not enough emphasis is paid to actual keeping ability. kamran akmal? im not one for repeating hysterical smileys but :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Dont get me wrong. But it really is a devastating blow to cricket that Dhoni is easily the best wicketkeeper batsman in the game. He is an average keeper at best. The thing that he does very well is that he does not drop the easy ones and is always consistent. But keepers are supposed to be athletic and ready to lunge to take the tough ones. That is not his way at all. Dinesh Karthik could have been the best - but for his awful shot selection and a strange tendency to give an underwhelming performance whenever he is brought in for Dhoni.

I'd take Haddin over Boucher any day ! Dhoni' date=' Haddin , boucher and Prasanna[/quote'] Haddin's not a pressure player. He'll score you 76 off 24 ball in a dead rubber against Bangladesh and go on to score 10 off 28 ball when trying to avoid defeat against England in the Ashes. Boucher on the other hand is a clutch player as seen by his Man of ther Series award against England in the recent series.