"No place for sentiments in Test cricket" : Mickey Arthur

Feed

Umm, if he is talking about sentiments then tell me why do they have a policy of picking colored player irrespective of his caliber or performance ? Ntini was dragged for 3-5 many matches despite having averaging 57 in tests. He would have been dragged more had England lost to SA and Bhajji is still in the side because this was India's first defeat in what 12-14 months ? P.S: Of course, I know the answer to the question I asked. But it does count something along the lines of sentiments.
About Ntini, can't say much without being aware of quota systems placed in the cricketing matters in SA...that is something we also see in our country... also, I think Ntini wasn't dragged too much as we are dragging Harbhajan.... Harbhajan is way too over rated bowler...His bowling average in ODI is 33+ and RPO 4.4+....so he is never a great wicket taking bowler in ODI..But yes he used to stop leaking runs unlike other Indian bowlers...But that too he has lost in past few years... In tests, his bowling average is 31+...and past few years have been horrible for him.... I am not against Bhajji...he must be in the team as far as he is the best spinner available in the country...But, I think Under Dhoni's captaincy, things works based on his preference and emotions, whom he likes...like he did when it comes to RP Singh and Pragyan Ojha(against Amit Mishra in BD tour).... may be those are just media reports and rumors...that I am not too much sure...
but but but.....they got smacked by aussies and england palying at home:((
That's fine...so what they also beaten Aus in Aus and England in England convincingly... but won't you agree they are far way ahead of us...looking back the history after 1991 that they have won 84 tests and lost just 45 ...while India, won 59 and lost 46.. In ODIs, they have won 267 and lost just 147...while India have won 279 and lost 245 ... they have always troubled Indian team in India as well as in SA... Definitely Indian team is playing good in past few years...but India always lacks bowlers to be a top class team..,.

The only thing which baffles me about bhajji is that his progress as an off spinner has come to a screeching halt. This is not the first time that Kallis and few other batsmen have used the ploy of taking guard on off stump and working him with the spin on to the on side. I remember Ricky doing it in the last series where he did play Bhajji better. This ploy has been used against Murali as well, though at the *** end of his career. I am sure he could have worked out something on how to counter this ploy, but he hasn't shown anything concrete.

I think we are forgetting one thing here. Mickey, despite all his obvious hypocrisy, is being honest. 1. We lack an express pacer. 2. We get intimidated by pacers. 3. Our spinners don't spin the ball enough to get wickets. 4. Our future in Test cricket is a bit shady on the back of these youngsters in the MO. 5. Our bowling attack is full of bunch of jerk-offs, except for Zak, who seems to be desperately knocking on the door of injury, given the phenomenal effort he puts in to pick wickets and mask the fool bowling in tandem with him.

Please clarify that statement with the fact that he has been top wicket taker in tests for India in 2008 and 2009.
I agree, he is not great either against Australia, if you discount 2001 home series... his average is 38 when India tours overseas...even other spinner of the world have better average than him.. Does the below look too impressive to you? I am not saying that he shouldn't be in the team...He must be in the team as long as he is the best available spinner in India..but he is very much overrated... Mat Inns Wkts Ave v Australia 14 27 79 28.82 v Bangladesh 3 6 6 48 v England 11 21 41 33.97 v New Zealand 10 18 33 30.42 v Pakistan 9 17 25 52.04 v South Africa 7 12 37 30.72 v Sri Lanka 13 20 50 34.28 v West Indies 8 15 45 21.93 v Zimbabwe 7 14 31 24.54 in Australia 4 7 9 73.22 in Bangladesh 3 6 6 48 in England 3 5 12 34.16 in India 46 86 229 28.06 in New Zealand 6 11 21 24.19 in Pakistan 2 3 0 - in South Africa 1 2 3 56 in Sri Lanka 7 10 23 37.78 in West Indies 5 10 25 26.08 in Zimbabwe 5 10 19 27.63 home 46 86 229 28.06 away 36 64 118 37.57 year 1998 3 6 7 44.85 year 1999 5 9 14 35.42 year 2001 12 22 60 25.95 year 2002 13 24 63 23.22 year 2003 3 5 7 67 year 2004 7 14 38 25.68 year 2005 7 13 30 27.66 year 2006 7 13 19 52.78 year 2007 4 8 13 46.38 year 2008 13 23 63 31.53 year 2009 6 10 29 30.17 year 2010 2 3 4 72.25
..but he is very much overrated...
Overrated:hysterical: From what I can see no one rates him apart from a handful of people. At ther moment all the massive amounts of wickets he has got for India have been totally ignored and he has had a lynch mob after him for a few years now. I really do not see him as overrated, in fact I would say the opposite in that he is very underrated. People will see his true worth after a period of him not being in the team and having all these touted understudies having the role as lead spinner.
What if Mishra does not deliver again? As in the last test he took zero wickets!
I am hardly making a case of Mishra here but just to put into context how many years of International experience does Harbhajan have over Mishra?
I am hardly making a case of Mishra here but just to put into context how many years of International experience does Harbhajan have over Mishra?
You want to give the benefit of doubt to an unproven performer at this level(although has been in and around team for 1 and half years). While I want to give the benefit of doubt to a proven performer (top wicket taker for India in 2008 and 2009). I back Bhaji to get his mo jo back and prove his worth again!
You want to give the benefit of doubt to an unproven performer at this level(although has been in and around team for 1 and half years). While I want to give the benefit of doubt to a proven performer (top wicket taker for India in 2008 and 2009). I back Bhaji to get his mo jo back and prove his worth again!
What a cowardly post. Everyone is an unproven performer at the start of their career. It's why you give a newcomer like Mishra some time to see what he can do. I don't care who it is (mishra/ojha/karthik) sooner or later we need to drop Bhajji and give someone else a chance to grow. If Bhajji keeps going wicket less against the top order, and can't bowl well by creating pressure and getting maidens then even a 3rd class domestic spinner can do the same.

lol at picking up third seamer.....medium pacers dont pick wickets on flat pitches.... Zak is the only true performer..Ishant is useless on flat pitches...So why would u replace bhajji with a risky medium pacer? Secondly, Mishra is unproven but still playing..So you wanna drop Bhajji ahead of a important second test to bring in another replacement bowler so they can gain some experience too..hahahaha

What a cowardly post. Everyone is an unproven performer at the start of their career. It's why you give a newcomer like Mishra some time to see what he can do. I don't care who it is (mishra/ojha/karthik) sooner or later we need to drop Bhajji and give someone else a chance to grow. If Bhajji keeps going wicket less against the top order, and can't bowl well by creating pressure and getting maidens then even a 3rd class domestic spinner can do the same.
When you are a new spin bowler...people haven't figured you out and don't really have concrete plans against u...so you should be performing better and not worse...