Sehwag proves once again: Batting Strike rate matters a heck in tests.

patriot

Sehwag has scored all his runs against the Pakis under just one captain - I am sure they should be discounted as well. As soon as he got the captaincy of Younis Khan he phailed at Karachi. :hysterical:
Chal khushh reh..dost. SRT Bhale Zimbabwe mein flop hua..yeah No.9 ranked team ko khud ke ghar mein marke bahut thop marli. Jaise abhi No. 10 ranked Bangladeshiyon ko markke usne ki. garv kar aise mahaan parakram pe aur khush reh. :hysterical::hysterical:
Chal khushh reh..dost. SRT Bhale Zimbabwe mein flop hua..yeah No.9 ranked team ko khud ke ghar mein marke bahut thop marli. Jaise abhi No. 10 ranked Bangladeshiyon ko markke usne ki.
Sehwag to kahin bhi nahin maar paya number 9 team ki - ghar par na bahar. :hysterical: Agar sab Sehwag ke attitude se khelte, then we would have been the ones trying to save face about losing a home series against the likes of Zimbabwe and Bangladesh. Anyhow, the point has been made that Sehwag just made use of Inzamam's captaincy - as soon as he was confronted with Younis Khan's funzzz he failed spectacularly.
jatey jatey tanik ODI mein kaunsi phormullah apply karni chahiye yeh tau bata diya karo mian ... :((
because based on my understanding of test cricket there is a very fundamental difference between batting 1st and batting 2nd ... while batting 1st your aim is to put as many runs on board whereas in the other case the approach depends on what the opposition has already put on board. Hence the reason for bi-furcating the two.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Yaar aise dufferon ko poori answer sheet bhi de di, phir bhi phaill hoke aayenge.:giggle::giggle: Padhai....shadhai chodd de. Aur koi bhi kaam pakadle jisme dimaag ka upyog nahi karna padta. Toh hi saphalta payega. :winky: Shub ratri.
oye hero trying to get clever again ? The context of that discusion was based on fast scoring risk and batting time which I explained in great detail .. you dont bloody try to go wham bam in the I2 after the opposition has scored 500+ ... couple of wkts and you will be in deep sheet ... so you bat time ... when you bat time you will naturally end up running a huige total AND take time out of the game .... But Iam not surprised one bit that you understand any of that .. either earlier or even now .... or ever .... once a Lahori always a Lahori :hysterical:
One doesn't need to get clever when up against someone of your abilities. ALthough even attempting to hammer logic to silly arguments is futile, because you are turning out to be a silly selective stats opportunist ..who in the below trail of retarded arguments had to resort to lieing about the 1st innings stat ..and then justifying it by a retarded argument about bifurcation. So retarded that so far..it has no other takers even from from the other SRT fan brigade. :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:. Here goes the trail :
Au contraire .... just look at their numbers in 1st match inngs .... Avg of 62.7 for Sehwag vs 71.7 for Boss ...
How come you are not taking the collective 1st innings ? i.e also including 1st innings when batting 2nd. If anything' date=' this puts more pressure on the batsman when first up you are put up against a mammoth total - which are team has conceded countless times.[/u'] The actual 1st innings numbers are Avg of 68.4 for Sehwag vs Avg of 62.88 for SRT
because based on my understanding of test cricket there is a very fundamental difference between batting 1st and batting 2nd ... while batting 1st your aim is to put as many runs on board whereas in the other case the approach depends on what the opposition has already put on board. Hence the reason for bi-furcating the two. Iam sure you have a different theory .... but as always Iam willing to be corrected.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:. Kapil Dev ..also must have become Lahori at the time when he talked about SRT having choked alot in key moments for India. Anyone who critiques him becomes a Lahori and a Paki. A logic so pathetic, even a mullah would seem like an Einstein clone infront of you Boss.
you mean like inventing a new phormullah to calc batting avgs in SL or
Surely you can't be that dumb. Perhaps you should stop pretending to be blind then ? Go check the post, blind man. I said that batting in Sri Lanka has been very difficult for Indian batters in the last decade unlike the 90's and stats prove it. Just a single 300+ innings score by India over 6 matches. Not a single century in combined 21 tests for the Indian batters if you take out Sehwag's match winning 201 in Galle.
And FFS do you still not understand about the 2nd inngs reasoning ?
because based on my understanding of test cricket there is a very fundamental difference between batting 1st and batting 2nd ... while batting 1st your aim is to put as many runs on board whereas in the other case the approach depends on what the opposition has already put on board. Hence the reason for bi-furcating the two.
One last time. Isn't putting as many runs on the board as possible batting 2nd in the 1st innings ..the right approach...or is it wait and watch ? :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Phew...I giive up on you.

The guy is in denial guys. Leave him alone. He talks as if Tendulkar had never been a destructive batsman forgetting that all through the 90's and early 2000s he was considered as having Gavaskar's compact technique and Richards' aggression. All this while being part of a fragile batting lineup carrying the expectation of millions. Either he is a teenager who had not seen him bat in the 90s or too biased against him to recognize it.

Just to add to what Boss said in the previous message, we faced 500+ total in the 2nd innings a couple of times, and the two times that we responded with epic innings are the Adelaide game, where Dravid built his innings and the Indian innings brick by brick along with Laxman after we were 84/4 (or something like that), and that ended in an Indian victory. Another time was 2 years ago when we faced SA at Chennai, and Viru responded with 319 (and Dravid responded, in the worst of forms, with another 110 :winky: ). I mean, your response can be different depending on your character, and if we're not a facing a big total, that calls for a different approach as to how to score runs, at least.

Surely you can't be that dumb. Perhaps you should stop pretending to be blind then ? Go check the post, blind man. I said that batting in Sri Lanka has been very difficult for Indian batters in the last decade unlike the 90's and stats prove it. Just a single 300+ innings score by India over 6 matches. Not a single century in combined 21 tests for the Indian batters if you take out Sehwag's match winning 201 in Galle. One last time. Isn't putting as many runs on the board as possible batting 2nd in the 1st innings ..the right approach...or is it wait and watch ? :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Phew...I giive up on you.
You are in no condition to take part in a cricket discussion involving our great test batsmen. So GTFO, you fail as much as Afretard biting balls, go spend your time crying with Punter to chase down God's 100's.
dont try to be clever ... this is what you said in post#235 and to prove this you came up with a new phormullah to calc batting avgs in SL :--D
Bewakoofbhai - I also said that Sri Lankan tracks have proven to by anything but flat easy tracks for foreign teams, especially the Indian team and I backed that with numbers. Also bewakoofbhai - as a opposition/touring team would you guage the batting friendliness of the country you are touring with the overall avg or avg of visiting teams ? If it is the overall avg as you are so retardedly claiming, South Africa and Australia must be as much or more batting friendly as Bangladesh. :hysterical: :hysterical:
thats not a approach dumbass thats ***king one of the goals (the other is to bat time) .... how you go about it is what constitutes the approach ... you can either go slam bang (risky) or tuk-tuk (safe) in either case its dependent on what the opposition already put on board.
Sabhash, Akal ke andhe, it is the goal that matters !! And the goal in the 1st innings ( batting 1st or 2nd) is to score maximum to avoid having to catch up alot on a deteriorating pitches. Approach will vary from batsman to batsman - it is the end result that matters. Bewakoofbhai - A final parting shot. Playing for the same bloody very team , SRT has only 4 man of match contributions to a winning Indian team in 166 matches over 20 years. Sehwag already has 5 man of match contributions in a winning team in just 76 matches, showing is sheer unparalleled match winning prowess. http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/35320.html?class=1;result=1;template=results;type=allround;view=awards_match http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/35263.html?class=1;filter=advanced;orderby=start;result=1;template=results;type=allround;view=awards_match Also, was the Wisden report in 2001 ( when he was at his best :winky: ) - which din't have a single of SRT's tons in the TOP 100 tets innings of all time , also designed on Lahori phormullahs ? :D :D :D :D Thank god the " ultimate saviour " of Indian cricket, SRT din't voulnteer to open in test cricket. It surely is a far more difficult and thankless job. The great technician Rahul Dravid was also not comfortable doing it. :scooter: