Can anyone explain me please ?

ensd2

One of the things I feel is responsible for us not churning out fast bowlers is the nature of our domestic cricket. Our domestic cricket encourages draws more than wins and domestic captains often require bowlers who can bowl long spells rather than those who can get quick wickets. When you have a quick bowler, he needs to be nurtured well. Captains need to use the bowler sparingly and in not more than 4-over spells. However, domestic captains will not adhere to this and will make the bowler bowl long spells eventually forcing the bowler to become slower. This is not the only reason though. There are several other factors. Vegetarianism is definitely a factor. So also is the fact that most young kids want to be batsmen and have Sachin and Sehwag as idols, which results in lesser number of kids taking up the physically challenging aspect of fast bowling. I also think coaches at school level and club level are largely responsible. As a kid I remember playing gully cricket with my bunch of friends, some of whom were undergoing professional cricket coaching and the others just playing cricket for fun. Out of all the players, the ones who did NOT undergo any professional coaching were MUCH MUCH better than the ones who did. In my opinion, coaching only made them worse, not better.