IPL 3 - new TIME OUT Rules

Guest DeveGowda

Guest Hiten.
I didn't see your message before posting mine. You a mod?? You can delete the messages.
I didn't delete it but edited it (upon realizing that I misread your post) :icflove: Yes I'm one of those gifted ones on ICF :hatsoff:

Agree :two_thumbs_up: time outs completely bores me...i just switch to another channel and dont watch the ads...so whats the point in having them??? :hmmm:
Do you know that an average TV show on US TV is only 2/3rds of the air time ie. a 1 hour TV show is only 40 minutes in length with 20 minutes being ads aired in between. What is the use of that? Unfortunately for you, they don't schedule their games according to you. IPL is very expensive for broadcast company that they tried to squeeze every bit of ad time they could in IPL 1 which resulted in 5 ball overs and no replays for wickets. Infact, IIRC, IPL stripped Sony of its rights because of such shoddy productions and they had to win it back again with the promise that they wont pull that crap again. So this extra "time out" time is purely for ads. Everyone knows it. Modi accepts it. So what is the qualm. It is intrusive but better this than 5 ball overs.

Do you know that an average TV show on US TV is only 2/3rds of the air time ie. a 1 hour TV show is only 40 minutes in length with 20 minutes being ads aired in between. What is the use of that? Unfortunately for you, they don't schedule their games according to you. IPL is very expensive for broadcast company that they tried to squeeze every bit of ad time they could in IPL 1 which resulted in 5 ball overs and no replays for wickets. Infact, IIRC, IPL stripped Sony of its rights because of such shoddy productions and they had to win it back again with the promise that they wont pull that crap again. So this extra "time out" time is purely for ads. Everyone knows it. Modi accepts it. So what is the qualm. It is intrusive but better this than 5 ball overs.
I accept your your explanation..i know it too..what i said was in jest...but more than the viewing experience i am afraid of the cricketing implication of it. Eg:Last year the duo of Sachin and Sananth were demolishing the kkr bowling but then the time out happened and the wickets fell soon. Even though the IPL maybe a business venture Lalit Modi should concentrate more on the product i.e. Cricket than on revenue...if the product comes out good revenue will soon follow!!:two_thumbs_up:

to make Money http://www.cricinfo.com/ipl2010/content/story/450810.html i prefer if they show players during this time atleast for 45 seconds...so we can see what they are doing... May be next step is microphones during Strategy break...Where viru will tell bring another Samosa...
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
Chelski ****s? :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Leave the ruling to The Champs ! :two_thumbs_up:
Champs=Man United :two_thumbs_up: