IPL 3 - new TIME OUT Rules

Guest DeveGowda

Guest DeveGowda

IPL announced new Rule for Time outs..this year time out will be 5 mins .. The batting team would have to take the 2 and a half minute time-out mandatory between the sixth and eighth overs while the fielding side would have to take the time-out between the 11th and 16th overs I prefer no time Outs..but what to Do we have to see whatever IPL gives...May be they should have left the time to teams to decide rather than fixed periods... Atleast 2.5 min saved from last year http://cricketnext.in.com/news/modi-announces-strategic-timeout-rules/47258-13.html

Guest DeveGowda
No yaar' date=' i think this time the time out length is decreased by 5 mins u dumbar.But still i would have preffered that over this, becuaes it may be disturbing to have two time out sin just a span of 20 overs.[/quote'] There will be 2 time outs i think...1 in each innings... 2.5 mins each - One for Bowling side between 6-8 and the other for batting side @ 11-16. correct me if wrong

Guest DeveGowda
^Correct so how muc htime are we saving u moron It was 7.5 X 2 = 15 mins agree? Now it is 2.5 X 4 = 10 mins agree So its 15-10 = 5 mins difference
Gunner is right..i am talkin about 2.5 each innings....(who worries about Whole innings ...you have 15 mins break any way between Innings) I dont want too much break in a innings...still Some teams may use this to their davantage..let us see..

IPL announced new Rule for Time outs..this year time out will be 5 mins .. The batting team would have to take the 2 and a half minute time-out mandatory between the sixth and eighth overs while the fielding side would have to take the time-out between the 11th and 16th overs I prefer no time Outs..but what to Do we have to see whatever IPL gives...May be they should have left the time to teams to decide rather than fixed periods... Atleast 2.5 min saved from last year http://cricketnext.in.com/news/modi-announces-strategic-timeout-rules/47258-13.html
Agree :two_thumbs_up: time outs completely bores me...i just switch to another channel and dont watch the ads...so whats the point in having them??? :hmmm:

Guest DeveGowda
Agree :two_thumbs_up: time outs completely bores me...i just switch to another channel and dont watch the ads...so whats the point in having them??? :hmmm:
to make Money http://www.cricinfo.com/ipl2010/content/story/450810.html i prefer if they show players during this time atleast for 45 seconds...so we can see what they are doing... May be next step is microphones during Strategy break...Where viru will tell bring another Samosa...

there would be four time outs if I am not incorrect .. each time out would be of 2.5 mins .. so the time out time would basically remain the same as last year .. only the time would be divided between two more time outs
:wall: You are not incorrect, in other words you are correct with the number of time outs but you are :fail: in mathematics. How can it remain the same when 2.5 mins are reduced in each innings. One time out of 7.5 mins has now been converted to two time outs of 2.5 mins each. This is actually worse than the previous one. The batsmen lost rythm due to the time out once, now they will lose it twice.

Guest Hiten.

abe chu. janta. 2 times outs / innings = 2.5 mins for Bowling team + 2.5 mins for batting team Meaning 10 minutes of timeout which was the same length of to last year but this year installment mein hain..poora lump sum nahin :headshake:

abe chu. janta. 2 times outs / innings = 2.5 mins for Bowling team + 2.5 mins for batting team Meaning 10 minutes of timeout which was the same length of to last year but this year installment mein hain..poora lump sum nahin :headshake:
Oye ghanchakkar. 7.5+7.5 = 15. last time This time 2.5 x2, each innings = 5mins per innings and 10mins per match 10 IS NOT EQUAL to 15