Potential bidders for two new IPL franchises (Pune and Kochi selected)

SachDan

Priyadarshan-Mohanlal team pulls out of IPL auct KOCHI: Putting paid to the hopes of the Indian Premier League coming to Kerala, the Priyadarshan- Mohanlal team has pulled out of the auction for new teams. The decision, taken late on Thursday - the eve of the last day for submitting bids - comes after last minute changes to the conditions for the high-profile auction. The bidding parties were required to produce a bank guarantee of Rs 5000 crore apart from the earlier stated security deposit of Rs 300 crore. The additional clause was announced just a week ago. The team, backed by a consortium including Bollywood star Akshay Kumar, had sourced the necessary security deposit but the bank guarantee hurdle proved too steep to cross. Comfirming the decision, Suresh Krishna, assistant director to Priyadarshan, said that the attempt to own an IPL team had been aborted. The ace director is currently in Mumbai for a shoot. With the bids set to be opened on Sunday for two additional teams in the IPL from 2011 onwards, it has become clear that Kerala will miss out on the IPL buzz. Link :((

Guest DeveGowda

No idea about Live telecast...but News channels will give u the details within seconds Aslo may be Official Website may have streaming..no idea

No idea about Live telecast...but News channels will give u the details within seconds Aslo may be Official Website may have streaming..no idea
The player auctions were also streamed in the IPL youtube channel right? Maybe it will be streamed on youtube too :dontknow: Here is the official channel http://www.youtube.com/ipl I think Times Now and CNN IBN will perhaps cover it. Maybe Set Max too. I will surf all the three channels.

WTF .. news channels are not showing any news at all ... they seem to have completely boycotted IPL auctions .. even Set Max is not showing the bidding NDTV website saying IPL auctions already started. Even Saif-Kareena are there in the bidding. As expected, Ahmedabad, Nagpur, Pune and Dharasmsala are the frontrunners as per NDTV website.

The bidding for the two new IPL teams franchises has started and surprisingly Bollywood stars Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor are there for it. Videocon Industries' Venugopal Dhoot has also arrived at the Hotel Four Seasons in Mumbai, who reportedly has Abhishek Bachchan in the loop too for Pune. According to reports Ahmedabad, Nagpur, Pune and Dharasmsala are the frontrunners. TV channels continue to shun IPL events after the disagreement between the two parties over media guidelines. As compared to the inaugural bidding in 2008 for the Indian Premier League franchises, the 2010 bidding for two new teams is far from being a cakewalk. And here is it why. 1. The minimum bidding price is $225 million (Rs 1,042 crore) per franchisee, while it was $50 million (over Rs 230 crore) in 2008. It must be noticed the costliest one of the previous eight teams is Mumbai Indians, bought by Mukesh Ambani for $111.9 million for 10 years. 2. Within a week after winning the bid, a bank guarantee for the entire amount for the 10-year contract needs to be submitted. Earlier only 10 % of the entire amount had to be submitted as bank guarantee. 3. Potential bidders can participate from cities that have with stadia or are building them. These cities are Pune, Ahmedabad, Nagpur, Kanpur, Dharamsala, Vizag, Rajkot, Cuttack, Baroda, Kochi, Indore and Gwalior. These clauses deterred many bigwigs like Bollywood stars Ajay Devgan, Sanjay Dutt, Sahara Group, Marylebone Cricket Club, film director Priyadarshan and actor Mohanlal from bidding.

WTF is going on? What is Set Max doing? Why is it not telecast there too? I am watching nearly all channels and there is no mention of the IPL bidding anywhere. It was a very big affair even during player auctions and there is no single news at the two franchisee auctions. I dont understand why is Set Max showing crap movies instead of the IPL auction. Did they not telecast the player's bidding?

^ They did. Don't know why they aren't telecasting this auction? Meeting is still going on...bidding will start once the meeting is over.
I can also understanding news channels not showing IPL news as they are against the media guidelines for which they boycotted. But I do not understand why Set Max is showing one of the crappiest Big B movies ever made "Sooryavansham" instead of the bidding or at least the news etc. I know the bidding hasn't started but the movie is going on and how will they suddenly cut the movie and show once the bidding starts. It really sounds ridiculous and none of the hundreds of channels on TV are carrying any news about IPL bidding even though the meeting has already started. I would have liked to see the auction. Really surprised to see how low this IPL new teams bidding has been compared to the player bidding which were covered by almost all channels throughout all these years. I doubt that if even Set Max is not showing it then any other channel might show it.

^ Bhai' date=' when does the bidding start? I haven't watched a single IPL auction so far and I'm excited..pray they show:pray:[/quote'] The auction should start pretty soon maybe within the next half an hour.. I dont think they will show .. news channels have not sent their teams as NDTV is reporting and so they wont show it .. Set Max is showing Sooryavansham and I dont know if they will cut the movie in between which seems a bit unlikely The only place where I can see live updates is cricinfo .. check this link http://www.cricinfo.com/ipl2010/content/story/451014.html