Laptop in India

kabira

Re: Laptop in India

Error Resource Conflict - PCI Network Controller in slot 03 Bus: 02 , Device:02 , Function: 00 Press <F1> to resume , <F2> to setup
That looks more like a IRQ conflict to me. You have two hardware component assigned a similar IRQ perhaps. You may want to check under device manager what is the hardware component that is causing the conflict. The one that will have a conflict will be marked with a yellow flag. Delete that from the device manager and reboot the laptop. On reboot the hardware component may be reinstalled on a different IRQ.

Guest dada_rocks

Error Resource Conflict - PCI Network Controller in slot 03 Bus: 02 , Device:02 , Function: 00 Press <F1> to resume , <F2> to setup
That looks more like a IRQ conflict to me. You have two hardware component assigned a similar IRQ perhaps. You may want to check under device manager what is the hardware component that is causing the conflict. The one that will have a conflict will be marked with a yellow flag. Delete that from the device manager and reboot the laptop. On reboot the hardware component may be reinstalled on a different IRQ.
I will try that but wonder why this happened because I installed everything from scratch yesterday using the original booting CD I got with laptop should not have created this problem. If this is IRQ conflict then why does cooling the laptop in freezer fixes it? BTW I do see a couple of yellow exclamation marks in device manager.

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Laptop in India Except WAN Miniport (PPTP) others are free of those pesky yellow exclamation. While unistalling and installing this one I get the following message. Windows could not find a better match of software for hardware you ahev currently installed. Any ways to fix this??

I will try that but wonder why this happened because I installed everything from scratch yesterday using the original booting CD I got with laptop should not have created this problem. If this is IRQ conflict then why does cooling the laptop in freezer fixes it? BTW I do see a couple of yellow exclamation marks in device manager.
I have no idea why leaving in the freezer works to be honest DR. I go by first looking at what device is having a problem. Then of course the first step of correction is at software level, installing latest drivers, checking for IRQ conflicts et al Eventually trying out a different hardware to ensure the hardware device is not a faulty one. PCI network controller sounds to me is a lan/wan port. If you are not using the wan/lan port for your internet connection (if you are connecting via wireless) then you may instead want to disable this device from the device manager.
Windows could not find a better match of software for hardware you ahev currently installed.
You don't need to fix anything there DR, Windows is simply stating it has the best driver available and installed already.

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Laptop in India I tried it all it didn't work now the fan unclogging part is left now that is time taking job will have to open my laptop .. have no expereince of doing this with laptop. let us see how it goes. :tired:

Re: Laptop in India DR man.... if the difference between working and hanging is in the freezer... then it is as obvious as daylight, tht ur cooling system is messed up.... and as long as u dont have the Apple MAC with dual core 64 bit PowerPC cores which has a specially designed cooling system, yours will jus be a fan which mus be clogged with dust.... u will be amazed at how much dust u willl find in there...

Guest dada_rocks

DR man.... if the difference between working and hanging is in the freezer... then it is as obvious as daylight' date=' tht ur cooling system is messed up.... and as long as u dont have the Apple MAC with dual core 64 bit PowerPC cores which has a specially designed cooling system, yours will jus be a fan which mus be clogged with dust.... u will be amazed at how much dust u willl find in there...[/quote'] Well i will try to unclog it and see.. first of all I will have to buy those tiny little screw drivers