Laptop in India

kabira

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Laptop in India I think back home frequency is diff and the ac/dc converters you have might have to go through some ac to ac converters.. please do enquire about this don't just hook up ur laptop ...

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Laptop in India Ravi those converters were for overcoming diff plug pins only or also had to do sthg about diff freq supply? I am just curious..

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Laptop in India

dada_rocks.. the adapter can work from 120-240 V @ 50-60 Hz..so it wil work anywhere in the world...only thing you need is a pin converter....
Does it hold for other electrical gadgets like Airconditioner, TV , Oven etc etc. If not how readily are those ac to ac converters available in india.

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Laptop in India I too have one query: my laptop recenty after runing for sometime if restart immediately gets stuck some error comes in the booting itself but when i freeze it for sometime everythign runs seamlessly..... Totally at loss what is this problem which mandates freezing , I mean litrally :lmao:

Ravi those converters were for overcoming diff plug pins only or also had to do sthg about diff freq supply? I am just curious..
We use 220 V here in NZ and I think the freq is pretty much the same in India. Only the size and shape of the pins were different.

I too have one query: my laptop recenty after runing for sometime if restart immediately gets stuck some error comes in the booting itself but when i freeze it for sometime everythign runs seamlessly..... Totally at loss what is this problem which mandates freezing ' date=' I mean litrally :lmao:[/quote'] What do you mean "When I freeze it" DR? The PC can restart by itself for so many issues and if you are using XP it should not just restart but should come up with a prompt. Use ctrl + alt + del and check for the memory/cpu used when you are using your laptop normally.

Guest dada_rocks

I too have one query: my laptop recenty after runing for sometime if restart immediately gets stuck some error comes in the booting itself but when i freeze it for sometime everythign runs seamlessly..... Totally at loss what is this problem which mandates freezing ' date=' I mean litrally :lmao:[/quote'] What do you mean "When I freeze it" DR? The PC can restart by itself for so many issues and if you are using XP it should not just restart but should come up with a prompt. Use ctrl + alt + del and check for the memory/cpu used when you are using your laptop normally.
It actually gets stuck forever.. when I see freeze I mean i itrally put my laptop in freezer for 10 minutes or so and then I switch on starup seems to be fine.. I will put the exact error which comes instartup later on. It complain about some port. But my point is if some port has some problme how come it doesn;t complain once I freeze it for ten minutes.. totally weird problem :wall:

when I see freeze I mean i itrally put my laptop in freezer for 10 minutes or so and then I switch on starup seems to be fine..
I wouldn't advise you to put your laptop in a freezer mate, it could short circuit and you may burn your laptop forever. If it's complaining about a port it is more to do with the software. Post the error message you get here and I will take a look.

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Laptop in India Actually I don't put it as shown in figure. It's usaully closed down not wide open :lmao: As far as higher processing speed is concerned, yes this is no rocket science since at lower temperature in a basic transistor (MOS) lattice vibration goes down meaning less phononic scattering higher mobility lower transit time higher speed eventually.Although there is another parmeter called threshold voltage which also increases on lower temperature but its effect gets more than compensated by mobility increase. If u go lower down to liquid nitroggen region then again mobility curve goes througha poitn of inflexion due to ionic scattering becoming more significant than lattice scattering and mobility starts to increase. PS: this may not be valid for small variation in temperature depending on where the trasitior is biased well this is long and arduous diff story. RAVI: Actually i let it warm up little so that those moisture responsible for potential short circuit evaporates.Would love to have this problme fixed though. FOLLOWING IS THE ERROR I GET: Error Resource Conflict - PCI Network Controller in slot 03 Bus: 02 , Device:02 , Function: 00 Press <F1> to resume , <F2> to setup Now when I press <F1> it attempts to start and after few seconds it gets stuck with windos XP home editon logo displayed. OTOH when I freeze it never goes to this error routine and starts up normally. Any help will be greatly appreciated. This problem has turned my laptop into virtual desktop. I can't really carry arouund freezer heneer I have to restart. :lmao: Thanks in advance

Re: Laptop in India ur fans are clogged, DR... causing excessive heating and internal paths to fail in tht heat causing the OS to hang... open ur laptop, clean the fan with ur brush and make sure, the fan outlets are not blocked when u use ur laptop... it can cause overheating too..

Guest dada_rocks

ur fans are clogged' date=' DR... causing excessive heating and internal paths to fail in tht heat causing the OS to hang... open ur laptop, clean the fan with ur brush and make sure, the fan outlets are not blocked when u use ur laptop... it can cause overheating too..[/quote'] Are u sure about it because I had this problem even when I got installed new fan. I mean for a week it was fine but the problme returned again. In a week fan can't really get clogged.