IPL SuperSelector Substitution Points - Sub points = -10/change

Shane

IPL SuperSelector Substitution Points - Sub points = -10/change  

1. 1.

Give me the gift...
this is a high profile event and if ppl want to play it seriously they have to be on their toes and make changes every day... no excuse for not being able to make changes every day
you already know it.. make frequent subs .. make mostly videshi high profile subs and a couple of Indian top subs in every match .. leave the rest and sub as frequently as possible .. at least once everyday .. that is the safest method .. but even in those cases, there will be a few surprises when players like Saha might make a quick 50 or 100 and mess up the calculations :--D But overall formula with less sub points is frequent subs and good subs .. rest will be taken care of by itself

When results will be announced ? Exact time....!
The voting closes at 18 00 IST, it should be a good 2 hours before the game, I dont think I'll be around probably will be going to the game tomm, so bob or one of the admins will declare the no. of points to be allocated for this SS and will make the changes accordingly.

Guest DeveGowda
The voting closes at 18 00 IST' date=' it should be a good 2 hours before the game, I dont think I'll be around probably will be going to the game tomm, so bob or one of the admins will declare the no. of points to be allocated for this SS and will make the changes accordingly.[/quote'] Sorry i didnt saw its in OP...thx I have a suggession why cant give Couple of Subs free and maintain the points at 25/30..

The voting closes at 18 00 IST' date=' it should be a good 2 hours before the game, I dont think I'll be around probably will be going to the game tomm, so bob or one of the admins will declare the no. of points to be allocated for this SS and will make the changes accordingly.[/quote'] [ATTACH]975[/ATTACH] This attachment shows the time in GMT. 12.53 GMT is not 6 PM IST.

Pardon me if this question is in the wrong thread. But this is the only Super selector related IPL thread that I could see. How will points be assigned to bowlers in T20 games? Will good restrictive performances earn points? Or would only wickets count?

Pardon me if this question is in the wrong thread. But this is the only Super selector related IPL thread that I could see. How will points be assigned to bowlers in T20 games? Will good restrictive performances earn points? Or would only wickets count?
where can i find details on points for runs' date=' wickets catches etc.... please give a link....i m new here[/quote']
if(match->type == "50-over") {
  parStrikeRate = 0.83;   containmentWeight = 1;   
  fifty = 5;  century = 10;   four = 0.5;  six = 1;  
  maiden = 5;  wicket = 20;  wide = -1;  noball = -2;  
  catch = 8;  runout = 8;  
  stumping = 10;  keeperCatch = 5;  keeperRunout = 5;
}
else if(match->type == "5-day") {
  parStrikeRate = 0.4;  containmentWeight = 0.3;  
  fifty = 5;  century = 10;  four = 0.2;  six = 0.5;
  maiden = 1;  wicket = 30;  wide = -0.5;  noball = -0.5;  
  catch = 10;  runout = 10;  
  stumping = 15;  keeperCatch = 7;  keeperRunout = 7;
}
else if(match->type == "4-day" || "3-day") {
  parStrikeRate = 0.5;  containmentWeight = 0.4;  
  fifty = 5;  century = 10;  four = 0.2;  six = 0.5;
  maiden = 1;  wicket = 30;  wide = -0.5;  noball = -0.5;  
  catch = 10;  runout = 10;  
  stumping = 15;  keeperCatch = 7;  keeperRunout = 7;
}
else if(match->type == "20-over") {
  parStrikeRate = 1.2;  containmentWeight = 2.0;  
  fifty = 8;  century = 15;  four = 0.7;  six = 1.2; 
  maiden = 7;  wicket = 20;  wide = -1;  noball = -3;  
  catch = 8;  runout = 8;  
  stumping = 10;  keeperCatch = 5;  keeperRunout = 5;
}

Batting Points:
runs_scored + containmentWeight*(runs_scored- balls_faced*parStrikeRate) + fours_hit*four + sixes_hit*six 
+ (runs_scored > 100 ? century : (runs_scored > 50 ? fifty : 0));

Bowling Points:
(balls_bowled > 0 ? containmentWeight*(parStrikeRate-runs_given/balls_bowled)*balls_bowled : 0) 
+ maidens_bowled*maiden + wickets_taken*wicket 
+ wides_bowled*wide + noballs_bowled*noball;

Fielding Points:
(special_role == 'keeper' ? keeperCatch : catch)*catches 
+ (special_role == 'keeper' ? keeperRunout : runout)*runouts 
+ stumping*stumpings";

Total Points = Batting Score + Bowling Score + Fielding Score

There was some discussion on tweaking some weights around, but I don't think we ever arrived at a consensus and implementation. Probably after the IPL, we can tweak it around a bit. For example, perhaps a maiden and a fielder catch should be worth more than the current T20 assignment.

Batting Points: runs_scored + containmentWeight*(runs_scored- balls_faced*parStrikeRate) + fours_hit*four + sixes_hit*six + (runs_scored > 100 ? century : (runs_scored > 50 ? fifty : 0)); Bowling Points: (balls_bowled > 0 ? containmentWeight*(parStrikeRate-runs_given/balls_bowled)*balls_bowled : 0) + maidens_bowled*maiden + wickets_taken*wicket + wides_bowled*wide + noballs_bowled*noball;
complicated :D