Bradman is the greatest, Sachin comes only second: Waugh, Benaud

Feed

Bradman is the greatest, Sachin comes only second: Waugh, Benaud  

2 members have voted

1. 1.

tendulkar could average that much' date=' but i would fear Sehwag's average, with that kind of fielding and that era's bowling speeds , sehwag would score 400 in a day[/quote'] No he can't. Never. Let him score 500 runs in a single series against Bangladesh or any other weak team before contemplating on averaging 100 in a different era.
he has a 493(4 tests)(8 innings) australia in australia , 446 (3 tests)(5 innings) australia in india, 435 (3 tests)(6 inings) NZ in India 428 (3 tests)(5 innings) India in england for arguments sake if these series had 5 matches why wouldnt he get to 500 Mr. VVSLAXMAN?
Dravid score 600 plus in 2 series. Laxman scored 500 plus in 1 series.Gavaskar made 774 runs in 4 test series. Lara made 688 runs in 3 test series So ...you were saying?

so? dravid has only 5 series with averages over 100, n one 90 Laxman has 2 series with averages over 100, a 95 n a 90 Laxman has 3 series with averages over 100, a 90 Lara has 2 series with averages over 100, a 99 and a 91 tendulkar has 8 test series where he averaged more than a 100, and one with an avergae of 96

You can average 100 by scoring 25 not out in 3 innings and get out for 25 in one innings.
and on the contrary if you are not out on 25, it doesnt mean that you wouldnt score 200 :D any tom dick n harry can dominate one or 2 series.... look at hashim amla :D n andy flower n jimmy adams when they all came to india ============================================================ just say it.... u hate sachin tendulkar

come to think of it... different people apply different criteria to what they presme a great batmsan should be... everyone will have different viewpoints... and i have an open mind for all of them i have never said sachin is the best test batmsan of this genration or any generation, because i honestly dont know... there are so many criteria for choosing a great batsman, sachin may excel on some counts, fall behind on other counts.... the debates usually vary depending the criteria that the people debating are using.... thats my humble opinion anyway and lets not debate now VVS coz i dont have your stamina and bossbhai's stamina to endlessly debate on a topic :cheers:

so? dravid has only 5 series with averages over 100, n one 90 Laxman has 2 series with averages over 100, a 95 n a 90 Laxman has 3 series with averages over 100, a 90 Lara has 2 series with averages over 100, a 99 and a 91 tendulkar has 8 test series where he averaged more than a 100, and one with an avergae of 96 and on the contrary if you are not out on 25, it doesnt mean that you wouldnt score 200 :D any tom dick n harry can dominate one or 2 series.... look at hashim amla :D n andy flower n jimmy adams when they all came to india ============================================================ just say it.... u hate sachin tendulkar
Those 2 test series in some cases 2 innings sereis against BD, Zimbabwe where he boosted his average by remaining not out ? That is exactly why i said 500 plus runs rather than 100 runs average. Nobody hates Sachin. I am a fan of him as much as you are. But i am not a blind fan.
Yeah Iam sure the very unbaised and neutral fan that you are you took extreeme care of removing the minnows from DGBs numbers.
That is the thing. Any opposition you take out.. any kind of filter you use he will be at the top. You can find holes in anyone's career like that in any era. Even in 1930s era. Except Bradman whose lowest series average is 56. His next worst is 74. It cannot go below 56.
I dunno which pitch you are talking about but are you denying that he played test cricket in only 2 countries ?
You cannot deduce from that he will average low in other places also. Let us take two best countries where Sachin has performed well Bangladesh and Srilanka 1585 runs avge 88 . Compare that to 6996 runs at 100 !! It is still 12 points less than Bradman!