Bradman is the greatest, Sachin comes only second: Waugh, Benaud

Feed

Bradman is the greatest, Sachin comes only second: Waugh, Benaud  

2 members have voted

1. 1.

LINK Appears as if that clown picked 1968 because in that way Sobers avg would be below 50 :hehe: PS If you look at the date in his link, he chose 30th March. The link below will tell you why: LINK ^ :giggle:
To RETT - You son of a b.i.t.c.h, when tujh sale ko pata nahin hai ki debate kaise karte hain, to tu discussion forum par ata kyoon hai. I had told clearly that no personal remark, why the feck you start that. To others - I took 30th March as date, because Sobers' first test match started on 30th March and Last test match started on 30th March. So duration of 30th March 1968 onwards, give clear last six years of Sobers' career.
have you ever read his theories like (from the top of my head) 1. Zim scenario, where he asked that in future if someone avgs 30 would we still see Flower as the best Zim batsman. Flower avg around 50, iirc 2. He created antilog to show that Sachin would avg 100+ in Bradman's era 3. Said that Bradmans avg of 56 vs McCabe 40 odd shows Bradman is not above his peers, ignoring that avg of 50s (tendulkar) and 40s (ganguly) are different levels! Now he cherry picked Sobers record! I wouldn't respect such persons in real life so find no reason to do so on the interenet.
Then, GET THE FECK OUTTA here a.s.s.h.o.l.e. I too don't have loads of respect for you either.
To RETT - You son of a b.i.t.c.h, when tujh sale ko pata nahin hai ki debate kaise karte hain, to tu discussion forum par ata kyoon hai. I had told clearly that no personal remark, why the feck you start that. To others - I took 30th March as date, because Sobers' first test match started on 30th March and Last test match started on 30th March. So duration of 30th March 1968 onwards, give clear last six years of Sobers' career.
Agaya apni aukat pe :hysterical: Get that Sachin avatar off :hitler:
Some clowns keep talking abt how crappy the bowlers were in Bradman's era. So the question is are all the bowlers of today's era exceptional? (Only recently our own bowling attack was under fire). If the answer is no, then today's batsmen do play against crappy bowlers. Now there may be a few good bowlers but what would be the point of talking abt them when the batsman they claim to be the greatest does not even avg 50% of what the best avg against some of the bowlers is. Say you are averaging 35 against these top bowlers of the top sides of your time and you have folks in your own era who avg twice as much against these bowlers so what right does it give you to assume that someone like Bradman's avg would not even avg 35 against these bowlers (when folks have avg 70 or more against these bowlers). Morally speaking at least the guy whom you claim to be the greatest based on facing better bowlers should have done well against better bowlers for you to even create an hypothesis of someone from 30s wouldn't be able to adjust and that too through the process of evolution
Thanks for the guffaws! Sreesanth may be a cr@ppy bowler by ODI standards, is he a cr@p bowler at the club level ? Before bellowing your blah blahs, feel free to watch the videos @ britishpathe. Trust your eye, dont trust your brains. Question to Prof: If there is indeed a quantitative metric that captures the difference in eras (that constitutes competition, pressure, conditions and so many intangible variables) as you would like us to believe, then it should be possible to use the same mechanism to rank order batsmen/bowlers ? Essentially each player can be reduced to a number & all debates about greatness of players can be settled on numbers. I wonder why experts debate the greatness of players at length, if this is a simple numbers game.

Crappiest bowlers of today the Srees of the world would blow the Bradman's of the world mind with his reverse swings and 145KM deliveries. Bradman would have to go into permanent hiding if he got clean bowled and the Indian Media wanted to talk to him. He could never handle the pressure at this level in the modern game.

Thanks for the guffaws! Sreesanth may be a cr@ppy bowler by ODI standards' date=' is he a cr@p bowler at the club level ? Before bellowing your blah blahs, feel free to watch the videos @ britishpathe. [b']Trust your eye, dont trust your brains.
I can imagine why you trust your eyes because to trust one's brain, one should have it :P I hope you have gotten over cherry picking and are not using that comical MoYo example :hysterical:
Crappiest bowlers of today the Srees of the world would blow the Bradman's of the world mind with his reverse swings and 145KM deliveries. Bradman would have to go into permanent hiding if he got clean bowled and the Indian Media wanted to talk to him. He could never handle the pressure at this level in the modern game.
Have you tried your hand at astrology?
I can imagine why you trust your eyes because to trust one's brain, one should have it :P
Hee Hee, you remind me of my sense of humor back in my kindergarden days.
I hope you have gotten over cherry picking and are not using that comical MoYo example :hysterical:
Your smiley poohs & rhetorics dont cut it sonny. Try that with kids of your age. Answer my queries or concede your point. And how is that assignment i gave you on Sreesanth coming ? For extra credit tell me how test cricket is standardized like GMAT as you claimed.
Question to Prof: If there is indeed a quantitative metric that captures the difference in eras (that constitutes competition, pressure, conditions and so many intangible variables) as you would like us to believe, then it should be possible to use the same mechanism to rank order batsmen/bowlers ? Essentially each player can be reduced to a number & all debates about greatness of players can be settled on numbers. I wonder why experts debate the greatness of players at length, if this is a simple numbers game.
Since I have some time: Do you know what the pressure of playing in Ashes was then? And that too for the matches played b/w the two best cricketing nation of that time? In an era when test cricket was everything (no ODIs WC, no IPL) Experts debate the greatness of players at length when the players are perceived to be of similar quality. How much would the intangibles play a role when comparing say Vensarkar to Tendulkar?
Hee Hee, you remind me of my sense of humor back in my kindergarden days. Your smiley poohs & rhetorics dont cut it sonny. Try that with kids of your age. Answer my queries or concede your point. And how is that assignment i gave you on Sreesanth coming ? For extra credit tell me how test cricket is standardized like GMAT as you claimed.
Oh, so you think you have sense of humor :hysterical: your 'Hee hee' reminds me of those girls that used to bore me on the msn :winky:
who are 7' date=' 8, 9 and 10?[/quote'] Viv richards is definitely the next one regradless if someone is still debating that anyone other than Sachin is no. 1 is either living in some useless nostalgia or not letting go of the nationalistic bias like Aussies for Bradman It is like some Croation saying Micheal Jordan is not the greatest basketball player simply because he is not from Croatia
Since I have some time: Do you know what the pressure of playing in Ashes was then? And that too for the matches played b/w the two best cricketing nation of that time? In an era when test cricket was everything (no ODIs WC, no IPL) Experts debate the greatness of players at length when the players are perceived to be of similar quality. How much would the intangibles play a role when comparing say Vensarkar to Tendulkar?
Duh, stop asking me questions. Go do your homework and answer the questions I asked you (and i only ask you relatively easy qns). Anyways, first things first. Its not Vensarkar, it is Vengsarkar. Practise it well tonight, I'll ask you about it tomorrow. Ok now go to bed.
Viv richards is definitely the next one regradless if someone is still debating that anyone other than Sachin is no. 1 is either living in some useless nostalgia or not letting go of the nationalistic bias like Aussies for Bradman It is like some Croation saying Micheal Jordan is not the greatest basketball player simply because he is not from Croatia
why leave it at 7, finish the top 10! Summery of your ranking: 1-5 Sachin 6 Bradman 7 Richards 8 9 10 Unless ofc you have one player for 8 to 10 positions. Btw, I thought that the Crotian analogy is more applicable to Indians claiming Tendulkar is the greatest as he is from India :hmmmm:
Duh, stop asking me questions. Go do your homework and answer the questions I asked you (and i only ask you relatively easy qns). Anyways, first things first. Its not Vensarkar, it is Vengsarkar. Practise it well tonight, I'll ask you about it tomorrow. Ok now go to bed.
OK Auntyjee :P btw, you didn't do your 'hee hee'