I can only hope his life imitates Munnabhai - Mahesh Bhatt

Lurker

A good read. Read it when you have time on hand.

How can a group of people engineer the murder of a thousand people and get to form a government, and how can another set of people mastermind the blowing up of buildings and the deaths of 350 people and be labelled terrorists? On what basis do you discriminate between them? How was such fierce action taken against the perpetrators of the blasts while nothing was done to bring to book the perpetrators of the massacres in Mumbai?s streets? And that is the curse of India and of humankind ? unless you are willing to put Dawood and Bal Thackeray in the same dock, you will not get justice.
It took the death of Sunil Dutt for Sanjay Dutt to realise the kind of contribution his father had made to the lives of people. And he was humbled, dwarfed by the overwhelming emotion that was coming his way from the crowd. He did not feel that way when the prime minister came, or when the Congress president came ? I did not see that look in his face at all. I saw it then, as we were going to the crematorium. I looked at him, and I said, Sanju. And he said: This is what he was.
http://tehelka.com/story_main21.asp?filename=Ne110406_I_can_CS.asp&id=3

Re: I can only hope his life imitates Munnabhai - Mahesh Bhatt there are thousands of dawoods around .. but there are only few bal thakreys to protect other people from dawoods.. mahesh bhatt awal number ka chor he..

Guest dada_rocks

Re: I can only hope his life imitates Munnabhai - Mahesh Bhatt Same old losers alibi.. find evidence against thakre he will be nailed this loser like tirade on every clown getting found guilty that this and that is still not punished.. here is the hint court of law has not found enough evidence against them if u are pirvy to such evidence instead of whining produce that in court.. till u do that this nautaki remaisn a prejudice of ur mind.. If comparsion should be drawn with anyone then scors of others who were charged with similar case ut their case is still under tada jurisdiction whereas Munnabhai got special treatment and is beyond the reach of tada.. PS: Many rapist roam around free due to lack of evidence dittio for the murderers, if we go by clowns like mahesh bhatt's argument we might as well wrap up whole judiciary since every clwon found guilty can whinge along similar lines and expect to be acquitted..

Re: I can only hope his life imitates Munnabhai - Mahesh Bhatt There must be something terribly, fundamentally wrong with India, and Indians that someone like Bal Thackeray finds sympathy, and indeed support. Those people who give him benefit of doubt are either too naive or just chose to be so, either way such people are one reason why India is where it is today. By the way the article put above was about Sanjay Dutt, I wonder how many of you really read the entire article?? xxxx

Guest dada_rocks

Re: I can only hope his life imitates Munnabhai - Mahesh Bhatt

There must be something terribly, fundamentally wrong with India, and Indians that someone like Bal Thackeray finds sympathy, and indeed support. Those people who give him benefit of doubt are either too naive or just chose to be so, either way such people are one reason why India is where it is today. By the way the article put above was about Sanjay Dutt, I wonder how many of you really read the entire article?? xxxx
Patently wrong deduction from my post.. Judiciary doesn't work on basis of what u or someone else or I think.. how hard is this to grasp...it works on basis of evidence and yes u may like dawood to be given benefit of doubt someone wud like someone else to eb given beenfit of doubt.. good news is every one gets the benefit of doubt but what irks me and anyone who can think is that when someone is found guilty even after given every kind of benefit of doubt then we get to hear this meaingless tirade of how this or that was not punished.. trust me every damn public person have their share of supporter and hater but fortunately these have zero zlich nada bearing in court of law.. so let us stop this charade , if anything sanjay dutt got away without hardly any punsihment given nature of his crime.. kaan pak gaya hai mera ye iditotic line of defence sunate sunate..... someone else's successful abuse of loophole has no bearing on any other's fate in court of law......otherwise as I mentioned earllier this line of defence virtually precludes the need of judiciary altogether.... Last but not the least it's india not pakistan where people in power can change supreme court judge and make a mockery of rule of law.. ur pet topic Thackerey has been banned from fighting election by the same court, he was found guilty got his comeuppance, nobody is crying and abusing judicary certainly not me.. he got away in some other case then may be he was innocent or our famed constitution provided him with loophole.. but the bottomline is those people who are trying to make sanjay dutt look better by juxtaposing his case with this or that person have no sense of what is rule of law.. a thackrey a dawood or a lallo has no bearing on sanjay dutt's case if they must compare then comparison should be drawn with others who were charged in same case for the same crime.......

so let us stop this charade , if anything sanjay dutt got away without hardly any punsihment given nature of his crime..
You need to get a grip DR. Your prejudice is affecting your judgement and also your views. I would suggest you go back, read this article because it does not look like you really did and then suggest the same. I can tell you here what the writer(in this case Mahesh Bhatt) says about Sanjay Dutt guilty or not but I do not want to do your legwork. So go ahead reread the article, if you have already, and then come back to me with the same lines. We shall then pursue this argument.
Last but not the least it's india not pakistan where people in power can change supreme court judge and make a mockery of rule of law..
That clearly shows your love, or lack of it, for Pakistan. Where did Pakistan come from?? Who cares what happens in Pakistan(you sure do!). Next line keep an Indian topic close to home, no need to cross borders.
ur pet topic Thackerey has been banned from fighting election by the same court, he was found guilty got his comeuppance, nobody is crying and abusing judicary certainly not me..
What pet topic? What are you on about? This topic is NOT about Bal Thackeray. If you have not read, the article is about Sanjay Dutt and so is the title of this thread. What I have pointed out is a very pertinent, in my opinion, point. You are free to overlook it or criticize it but it is completely stupid to deem Bal Thackeray as my pet topic. Again I would suggest you read the article in its entirety and not wallow in hate. If you still want to discuss it we certainly can do that. xxxx

By the way the article put above was about Sanjay Dutt, I wonder how many of you really read the entire article?? xxxx
I read the whole article three times.
There must be something terribly, fundamentally wrong with India, and Indians that someone like Bal Thackeray finds sympathy, and indeed support.
There is also something far more fundamentally wrong with Indians who give sympathy to followers of religion of death and intolerance (Islam).
Those people who give him benefit of doubt are either too naive or just chose to be so, either way such people are one reason why India is where it is today.
That is why Indian Hindus have been taking it up the ass for last 1000+ years? Just so that you know I don't follow any religion or follow any God but I sure can see the difference between the mindset of an average Hindu and an average muslim (when it comes to religious tolerance). Edit- Btw Mahesh Bhatt is the biggest hypocrite going!

Guest dada_rocks

Re: I can only hope his life imitates Munnabhai - Mahesh Bhatt for baadshah Pakistan is arotten apple example right next door rest assured I care less about their political judicial system but am thankful to them for poviding me a rotten samle for comparion.. anyone who has even slightest of graycell left wud see pakistan word just serves that purpose here nothing less nothing more.... Bal Thakerey has been invoked in OP I have not intiated it.. it's tehleka we are talking about an extension of likes of arundhati roy and I have no time for these folks am not giving them anytime.. What is next taking lessons in mores of democracy from communist mouthpiece I have no time for the idiotic line of defence OP is espousing because it precluded the existance of judicary altogether.. how and when some other alleged crimnal got away with his crime has no bearing in this case ..all that matters despite given every opportunity to prove himself innocent despite having whole cogress machinery in power at his disposal despite illogically taking his case out of TADA ambit sanju baba could not prove his innocence.. end of the matter..

There is also something far more fundamentally wrong with Indians who give sympathy to followers of religion of death and intolerance (Islam).
You sure you are all well and good? Where did sympathy to Islam come into the picture here? Can you specifically highlight it Please?
That is why Indian Hindus have been taking it up the ass for last 1000+ years? Just so that you know I don't follow any religion or follow any God but I sure can see the difference between the mindset of an average Hindu and an average muslim (when it comes to religious tolerance). Edit- Btw Mahesh Bhatt is the biggest hypocrite going!
I shall give you a free advice. Are you an Indian Hindu?? By that I mean are you a Hindu that lives in India. If not you are in no position to know or say what Indian HIndus do or do not. As for difference between the mindset of a Hindu and an average Muslim I hear that rhetorical line day in and day out by all right wingers. But you know what? They are also the first to proclaim Hindus are peace lovers while Muslims are haters. SO why this hypocracy?? DO you want Hindus to be like Muslims? Hindus,in general, today have done better than Muslims, again speaking in general. I do not see why I would want to be compared to a group that has done worse than us. Maybe you can try explaining? xxxx

Bal Thakerey has been invoked in OP I have not intiated it.. it's tehleka we are talking about an extension of likes of arundhati roy and I have no time for these folks am not giving them anytime.. What is next taking lessons in mores of democracy from communist mouthpiece
ANd now its Arundhati Roy and communists. :lmao: SO far I am yet t hear anything about the article itself by you DR. You are becoming far too predictable, I dont mean that as a rebuke just a pointer. xxxx

You sure you are all well and good?
Yeah I am feeling good as always. Thanks for the concern :hic:
Where did sympathy to Islam come into the picture here? Can you specifically highlight it Please?
Don't make me research for you. I know very well Mahesh Bhatt's mindset towards Islam and Hinduism.
I shall give you a free advice. Are you an Indian Hindu?? By that I mean are you a Hindu that lives in India. If not you are in no position to know or say what Indian HIndus do or do not.
I lived half my life in India. I don't follow any religion. Your second point is senseless. Let me give you free advice in return. Are you Bal Thackery? Do you operate with him? If not then you are in no position to know or say what he does or does not do either. Get my point?
As for difference between the mindset of a Hindu and an average Muslim I hear that rhetorical line day in and day out by all right wingers.
So speaking out facts is classed as right wing in your PC world? So you are saying that pumping Islamic teachings from a young age will have no negative intolerant effect on an innocent child compared to say a child who gets pumped Buddhism, Jainism...Hinduism? There are % of crazy MOFOs in every religion including Hinduism. The issue is that this % is considerably higher in Islam due to the CLEARLY intolerant text and the subsequent brainwashing that takes place.
But you know what? They are also the first to proclaim Hindus are peace lovers while Muslims are haters. SO why this hypocracy?? DO you want Hindus to be like Muslims?
I don't see what point you are making there. What basically you are saying is that Hindus should keep taking it cause if they give it back they will end up like muslims? OR you are hoping that muslims will see the errors of their intolerant ways? In both cases you are expecting too much.
Hindus,in general, today have done better than Muslims, again speaking in general. I do not see why I would want to be compared to a group that has done worse than us. Maybe you can try explaining? :wtg:
How do you know that Hindus have done better in general? You know because--> YOU COMPARED! Things can't be studies in vacuum. They have to be compared :wtg:

Don't make me research for you. I know very well Mahesh Bhatt's mindset towards Islam and Hinduism.
Hmmm so you are not attacking the article but the writer. I should have gotten that from the onset, would have saved me lot of time. It would have been nice if you could have stuck to the article but its obviously clear that you have yet to talk about it so there.
I lived half my life in India. I don't follow any religion. Your second point is senseless. Let me give you free advice in return. Are you Bal Thackery? Do you operate with him? If not then you are in no position to know or say what he does or does not do either. Get my point?
On the contrary my friend. It is my firm conviction that the NRI's have made life miserables for common Indians in so many ways. One way is the hatred spread through internet or funding right wing parties by way of donation and stuff. Rehna hai desh ke bahar mein, citizenship leni hai USA/UK lekin baat karni hai India ki!! Two words for them - Eff off. As for your second point about BAl Thackeray no I do not operate with him but I have lived better part of the decade in Bombay and have seen what he has done to Mumbai. So let me ask you now how many years have you spent in Bombay/Maharastra? And what do you know about Thackeray in the first place?
So you are saying that pumping Islamic teachings from a young age will have no negative intolerant effect on an innocent child compared to say a child who gets pumped Buddhism, Jainism...Hinduism?
Again a rhetorical response. Either you have had some terrible experience of your own or you have been brainwashed. Regardless you are painting the whole country with same brush. In my experience it has not been like that at all(and thank God for that else I would have also been a bitter person).
The issue is that this % is considerably higher in Islam due to the CLEARLY intolerant text and the subsequent brainwashing that takes place.
Stupid and irrelevant assertion. Certainly not the right thread to discuss it. You want to talk about intolerance of Islam? Lets do that by all means but how does it get brought in here?
What basically you are saying is that Hindus should keep taking it cause if they give it back they will end up like muslims?
For starters I don't think any self-respecting Hindu would be very happy if you tell them he is taking it up his a$$ for 1000 years. So you may want to check your language there. Here is my take on things. That whole thing(being ruled by Muslims) is grossly exaggerated. There was no 1000 years rule, 500 at most, and even then it was not all over the country. That coupled with the fact that not all Muslim rulers were tyranical as they are made out to be. I bet you know little about Akbar and many others but would be quite conversant with Aurangzeb and the lot. Khair if you want to take it further I would suggest you open a thread about this because I truly think you need a lesson in history here. In the same vein let me ask you what you propose? A historical retribution? Where today a Muslim in PAtna is killed or in the least dominated just as Hindus were? I mean what exactly is your stand. Please help me understand it. xxx

Hmmm so you are not attacking the article but the writer.
I am attacking both. It' very relevant who the article is coming from.
How can a group of people engineer the murder of a thousand people and get to form a government, and how can another set of people mastermind the blowing up of buildings and the deaths of 350 people and be labelled terrorists? On what basis do you discriminate between them? How was such fierce action taken against the perpetrators of the blasts while nothing was done to bring to book the perpetrators of the massacres in Mumbai?s streets?
Same way pseudo secular Congress can murder innocent Sikhs and still rule India without bringing anyone to justice. It's easy to pick on Hindu right wing (who are in minority) but completely ignoring right wing Islamic leaders or Congress. How many articles has Mahesh Bhatt and his type written on Islamic extremism and the hate filled Quran?
It took the death of Sunil Dutt for Sanjay Dutt to realise the kind of contribution his father had made to the lives of people.
Save the sob story.
It is my firm conviction that the NRI's have made life miserables for common Indians in so many ways. One way is the hatred spread through internet or funding right wing parties by way of donation and stuff.
Right :lmao:
Rehna hai desh ke bahar mein, citizenship leni hai USA/UK lekin baat karni hai India ki!! Two words for them - Eff off.
Ignorance is bliss :doh: Are you going to provide me security if I as a non-muslim go back to my home city of Srinagar?
As for your second point about BAl Thackeray no I do not operate with him but I have lived better part of the decade in Bombay and have seen what he has done to Mumbai.
Did you provide your eye witness report to the police? :-)
So let me ask you now how many years have you spent in Bombay/Maharastra? And what do you know about Thackeray in the first place?
First I am not Bal Thackeray's chamcha second I have lived in Maharashtra and even now I have property there. How long have you been a NRI to know the bad things we do?...like sending money and AK47s to Hindus :lmao:
Again a rhetorical response. Either you have had some terrible experience of your own or you have been brainwashed.
Looks like the whole world has had "terrible experiences" or has been "brainwashed" when it comes to religion of peace Islam :duh: For what it is worth I am a Kashmiri Pandit. Last thing I need from some lurking stranger lurker is advice on what Islam teaches.
Regardless you are painting the whole country with same brush. In my experience it has not been like that at all(and thank God for that else I would have also been a bitter person).
I don't know what you are getting at? I never said all muslims are same or bad. The religion they follow on the other hand has a very clear cut agenda.
You want to talk about intolerance of Islam? Lets do that by all means but how does it get brought in here?
Ask the person who wrote the article and brought Bal Thackray into it.
For starters I don't think any self-respecting Hindu would be very happy if you tell them he is taking it up his a$$ for 1000 years. So you may want to check your language there.
I did not mean literally :chin: Plus someone who said "Eff off" is hardly one to give advice on clean language skills.
Here is my take on things. That whole thing(being ruled by Muslims) is grossly exaggerated.
Or under-exaggerated :wtg: http://www.indiastar.com/wallia10.htm
There was no 1000 years rule, 500 at most, and even then it was not all over the country.
Highly debatable the 500year part but you would know as you were there :-) I guess getting raped for 5 days compared to 10 days is OK? :mad:
That coupled with the fact that not all Muslim rulers were tyranical as they are made out to be. I bet you know little about Akbar and many others but would be quite conversant with Aurangzeb and the lot. Khair if you want to take it further I would suggest you open a thread about this because I truly think you need a lesson in history here.
I am fully aware of my history sir. Are you?
In the same vein let me ask you what you propose? A historical retribution? Where today a Muslim in PAtna is killed or in the least dominated just as Hindus were?
Pushing the boat little bit there aren't you? Stuff like this happening in Patna these days? http://www.rediff.com/cms/print.jsp?docpath=//news/2003/oct/21franc.htm
I mean what exactly is your stand. Please help me understand it.
Stick with your stand I will keep my stand to myself :hic: PS- I will try not to reply to this thread as it sucks up too much time. Arguing online is a dumb sport. So if you reply Lurker then don't feel that I ignored you. May allah be with you my friend :-)