UEFA Champions League 2009-10

Shane

Id LOVE IT if Cetlic knock ArseAnal out. just LOVE IT. They wont though. How about the CL proper- do you see the usual suspects - Chelski, Barca, Manure, Scumpool challenging? Any surprises? What about Madrids chances? So much depends on how quickly they gel. Apparently they havent been so great in friendlies. I wonder what their first team i going to be! I think (hope) the Italian teams do well this year. Inter and Juve have both bought well and with a bit of luck...

Id LOVE IT if Cetlic knock ArseAnal out. just LOVE IT. They wont though.
The atmosphere at Celtic Park is what worries me more than most, i hope we come out of this leg unscathed.
How about the CL proper- do you see the usual suspects - Chelski, Barca, Manure, Scumpool challenging? Any surprises? What about Madrids chances? So much depends on how quickly they gel. Apparently they havent been so great in friendlies. I wonder what their first team i going to be!
Expect most of them to sail through to the next round, then its the form on that given day, I personally expect Chelsea to mount a serious challenge this time around, RMad should be the bookies fav to win this and then dont rule out our Young Goons. (If we qualify) :pray:
I think (hope) the Italian teams do well this year. Inter and Juve have both bought well and with a bit of luck...
Never been a fan of the Italian Teams, esp of the brand of Football they play, out of the two Inter would be my pick, but i wouldnt expect them to win it.

Group A Bayern Munich Juventus Bordeaux Maccabi Haifa Group B MANCHESTER UNITED CSKA Moscow Besiktas Wolfsburg Group C AC Milan Real Madrid Marseille FC Zurich Group D CHELSEA Porto Atletico Madrid APOEL Nicosia Group E LIVERPOOL Lyon Fiorentina Debrecen Group F Barcelona Inter Milan Dinamo Kiev Rubin Kazan Group G Sevilla RANGERS Stuttgart Unirea Urziceni Group H ARSENAL AZ Alkmaar Olympiakos Standard Liege ----------- Easy groups for the brit teams except Chelsea who face trickey tests at Porto and At Madrid but should qualify ok I would thunk Meanwhile Inter v Barca- that should be a corker- Zlatan and Etoo returning to their former homes. Milan vs Real should be a good match, Kaka coming home, id expect Real to have a bit too much for Milan. Juve vs Bayern should be intesresting. Bourdeux in that group as well makes it IMHO the hardest one to call. Robben has moved to Bayern which means theyve got a super pacy wing duo of Ribery-Robben to feed their strikers. They might spring a surpise or two as thyeve bought well have Bayern. Wolfsburg might cause united a few problems, German champs that they are- and they boast a quality strike duo in Dzeko and Rafite. The scumpoolers might have a bananaskin in the face of Fiorentina and Lyon, but again Id back them to beat both home and away.

Chalo bhai log. Fasten your seat belts and get ready for a bumpy ride (that will end in Stamford Bridge :P)! Today's (Sept 15) lucrative fixtures: Besiktas v Man Utd, Gp B, 19:45 Chelsea v FC Porto, Gp D, 19:45 FC Zurich v Real Madrid, Gp C, 19:45 Chelsea will be missing Droba (3 match ban) and Bosingwa's (2 match ban) services. B->

Meanwhile Madrid win again, Ronaldo in red hot form for them. I so wish they hadnt sold Robben so we could have seen RonRob flying down the wings (admittedly Bayern Munichs RobBery isnt too bad) but Ron-Kaka-Robben behind a striker would have been so cool Oh well. I think Real are beginning to gel as a team a little bit. Not great at the back still mind you. And Zlatan too. The man is proving a good- if ridiculously expensive- investment.