( DLF )Modi -- Tharoor Showdown!!

Mamu

( DLF )Modi -- Tharoor Showdown!!  

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

Frankly speaking' date=' L Modi also did a blunder and dug his own grave by pointing fingers at Kochi .. I mean we know Kochi might also have been wrong but it seems L Modi was also doing many things shady .. I remember the old Hindi dialogue by Rajkumar "Jinke ghar sheeshe ke hote hai wo dusro par patthar nahi phenka karte" :P[/quote'] He should've worked out a compro deal.
What is/was he without the BCCI? How powerful? He didnt get the mega high-profile minister expelled' date=' the mega high-profile minister got himself expelled, because he had no business to be interfereing in cricket, business consortiums et all in the first place. Your suggestion is that the Prime minister of India was forced by Modi to expel Tharoor.[/quote'] I think you are right in your assertion.

That is some brilliant headline..The whole affair looks murky and it seems like Modi will be out. If it is money laundering or betting, then he should be charged. But he hasn't and all this is just assumptions kinda like how pakis assume that the world is conspiring against Pakis and islam. I seriously doubt that there is match fixing at the highest level by the big players. So lets not assume that everything bad is happening only because it is too successful.

Pawar backs off, Modi to quit as IPL chief CNN-IBN Posted on Apr 20, 2010 at 09:12 New Delhi: Indian Premier League Commissioner Lalit Modi is likely to resign on Tuesday after he returns from Dubai. Modi reportedly took the decision to step down after Union Agriculture Minister and International Cricket Council president-in-waiting Sharad Pawar withdrew his support to the beleaguered IPL chief. Pawar reportedly explained to Modi that he (Modi) is in a "difficult situation" over the controversy surrounding the IPL. The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) is also going to convene a special annual general meeting to force Modi to step if he does not put in his papers on Tuesday. Modi has been accused of being involved in betting and financial irregularity. The BCCI is set to initiate an independent investigation into allegations of financial bungling by the IPL boss. Although on the record, no direct charge is being made against Lalit Modi, according to sources. The top brass of the BCCI including cricket board President Shashank Manohar, Secretary N Srinivasan, and Congress MP and BCCI vice-president Rajiv Shukla who also heads the board's media and finance committee, are said to be against Modi continuing as the IPL chief.. However, Modi has got the support of former BCCI chief IS Bindra and Jammu and Kashmir Cricket Association boss Farooq Abdullah. In more bad news for Modi, the Government has also ordered an investigation by virtually all its economic intelligence units into the sources and use of funds by the IPL franchisees to unearth possible tax evasions and flouting of rules. "I can assure you that all aspects of IPL will be probed, inclusive of the sources of funding, how these funds were routed and invested," Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee told the Lok Sabha Monday.

Once Modi does go as it now appears, it would be interesting to see how the events unfold over the next year or so. I can almost imagine Dalmiya licking his lips in anticipation; a Dalmiya - Modi - Bindra combine with tacit support from Pawar and more than half the IPL franchise owners will be a very potent combination when the BCCI goes up for elections again.

imo IPL will crash if Modi resigns or is removed. Hell get replaced by a vegetable who was no vision other then money and sit their quietly collecting while the whole tournament keeps crashing. Its funny how IT never raided the BCCI headquarters to see where all the money is going considering its the richest cricketing board. :banghead:

imo IPL will crash if Modi resigns or is removed. Hell get replaced by a vegetable who was no vision other then money and sit their quietly collecting while the whole tournament keeps crashing.
It may settle down at a point where there is less money. That is probably a good thing

:hmmm: Yahoo news reporting that Pawar has summoned Modi and the franchise owners for a meeting in Delhi. Probably to decide the fate for modi.
NDTV saying that Modi landed from Dubai and flew directly to Delhi to meet Pawar and Modi might resign as IPL commissioner after the final.

Is Lalit Modi innocent? Its hard to belive than a billionare like lalit modi indulge in illegal activity.I think he is innocent.Media is just embarrassing modi without any conclusive prove.I mean if modi is so corrupt, why he raised the issue of kochi ownership.he could have settled with it.Ipl haters like zee ,cricketnect and many others have created conspiracy to bring down modi and devalue IPL. INDIAN MEDIA AND POLITICIANS(OFFICIALY MOST CORRUPT PEOPLE IN INDIA):finger::finger:

Its hard to belive than a billionare like lalit modi indulge in illegal activity.I think he is innocent.Media is just embarrassing modi without any conclusive prove.I mean if modi is so corrupt, why he raised the issue of kochi ownership.he could have settled with it.Ipl haters like zee ,cricketnect and many others have created conspiracy to bring down modi and devalue IPL. INDIAN MEDIA AND POLITICIANS(MOST CORRUPT PEOPLE IN INDIA):finger::finger:
The title of the post makes me think that you don't have confidence in it yourself.