( DLF )Modi -- Tharoor Showdown!!

Mamu

( DLF )Modi -- Tharoor Showdown!!  

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

What about all the mistakes for which he got caught? :nervous:
He's going to get out of this mess coz if he goes down, he's going to take a lot of influential people down with him. And I'm sure that if LKM put 20% in his pocket, his "masters" took 25-30%. Only difference - They didn't get caught. LKM is the fall guy.

If he has not contributed to Congress treasury then he'll not be saved. ideally he should've sent some amount to Ahmad Patel on a regular basis and everything would've been okay.
To be blunt, he was barking up the wrong tree. You don't mess with the Congress Party of India just because you run a billion dollar league. The government is the government. No one screws with them.

To be blunt' date=' he was barking up the wrong tree. You don't mess with the Congress Party of India just because you run a billion dollar league. The government is the government. No one screws with them.[/quote'] Yes, that's the crux of the problem in India. Slowly going towards one-party rule..One Party largest democracy..:giggle:

Yes' date=' that's the crux of the problem in India. Slowly going towards one-party rule..One Party largest democracy..:giggle:[/quote'] Congress is a good party. The best actually. Modi's ego has taken him to the lowest ebb. Had he worked out a compro and got on with it, he would've saved himself the embarrassment.

Shiv Sena demands entertainment tax on IPL (tax waiver costs Maharashtra Rs 500 cr.)

MUMBAI: A Shiv Sena MLA on Tuesday filed a PIL in the Bombay High Court seeking that Maharashtra government should levy entertainment tax on Indian Premier League (IPL). The government took the decision to levy entertainment tax on the tournament in January, but it is yet to be implemented, Shiv Sena leader Subhash Desai said. The state could have earned around Rs 15 crore in entertainment tax from every IPL season...Punjab and Delhi are already levying this tax on the tournament, the petition stated. The tax revenue from IPL can be used for welfare schemes in the cash-strapped Maharashtra, it argues. This year, 15 IPL ties have taken place in the state so far, the PIL stated. IPL Chairman Lalit Modi and BCCI have been made party to the petition, apart from the state government. It is expected to come up for hearing on April 22.
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/politics/nation/Shiv-Sena-leader-moves-HC-demanding-entertainment-tax-on-IPL/articleshow/5836985.cms How can they be left behind when all parties including even Laloo and Mulayam are jumping into the bandwagon. :P

The ONLY mistake Lalit Modi made was - He Got Caught
I think the bigger mistakes was to take direct panga with Chidambaram with IPL 2 and then with Tharoor in IPL 3 .. L Modi was after Congress to some extent on several occasions and that was quite clear .. that is why it is said you do not mess up with the governing party at the center :P .. I think L Modi was also a mohra to some extent in the Congress-BJP-NCP politics and ultimately he faced all the problems .. maybe he hoped that some of the political parties he sided with would save him but everyone tried to save their own face and left him stranded :D

200 replies in this thread. Mamu must be happy :P
More than being happy about 200 replies -- here is what I am happy about I am strenthening my case about being a "good predictor of crickety things". Look at my OP -- I had "hoped" both these morons get kicked out -- well one has already bitten the dust -- 2nd is on the chopping block :-) Here is a thought for you all -- put your money where MAMU does ! -- you will win most of the times.