Injury on SRT's finger

abhinav

this is what times of india says:

MUMBAI: Mumbai Indians captain Sachin Tendulkar, who on Wednesday suffered an injury on his right hand in their semifinal win over Royal Challengers Bangalore, said he is hoping to play in the summit clash of the IPL on April 25 here. Tendulkar, top run getter in IPL 3, suffered right hand webbing split while taking a dropped catch of Dravid in the fourth over and he did not field after that during Bangalore's run chase. "My right hand is not too great. Split my webbing and got five stitches. But hopefully I will recover for the final," Tendulkar said after Mumbai thumped Bangalore by 35 runs in the first semifinal to storm into their maiden IPL final at DY Patil Stadium. Tendulkar was all praise for Suarabh Tiwary (52 not out) and Ambati Rayudu (40) who began a splendid Mumbai recovery before Kieron Pollard's late onslaught to take Mumbai score to 184 for five. "Fantastic performance. Rayudu and Saurabh's performance was great, mental strength, shot selection, everything. And then final burst from Pollard, it was exceptional. And then we bowled really well. Pollard is getting bigger and bigger, and his hits are getting farther and farther," he added. Bangalore captain Anil Kumble blamed the loss to the runs galore his side conceded in the last five overs. "We conceded 77 runs in the last five overs of Mumbai batting, it was too much. I also conceded runs in my last spell. But we were in the game till the ninth over of our run chase. We were 80 for two in the ninth over but we lost two wickets in two balls, that did us in," he said. "It was disappointing not to have reached the final. The only consolation is we can still qualify for the Champions League Twenty20 (by winning the third-place play-off on April 24)," he added. Man-of-the-match Kieron Pollard, who was limping while batting but bowled exceptionally well later to take 3/17, said he would be fit for the final. "After running the first two runs, I twinged my knee. But it feels good now, and hopefully I should be fit for the final," he said. "Thanks to the team and the management for sticking with me. I know my role was to go in and up the run-rate. I think I did that and then take a couple of wickets," added the West Indian.

this is what cricinfo says:

Sachin Tendulkar, the Mumbai Indians captain, has injured a finger on his right hand during the semi-final against Royal Challengers Bangalore, making him uncertain for the final on Sunday. Tendulkar, who was bleeding after attempting a low slip catch, rushed back to the dressing room and had five stitches. Zaheer Khan, who led Mumbai in Tendulkar's absence on the field, said his team will take a call on his participation in the final in two days. "We are little bit worried but we will take a couple of days to decide (on his availability for the final)," Zaheer said. "Every team he has played for has relied on him. It was unfortunate he got out early today and got injured. But we have reached the final and all the credit goes to him. "I hope he plays in the finals. We all expect him to play. We just have to remain patient." Tendulkar sustained the injury in the fourth over of Royal Challengers Bangalore's chase, when Rahul Dravid edged Zaheer. Replays indicated a part of the ball had touched the ground as Tendulkar clasped it, and the batsman was ruled not out. It appeared as though Tendulkar had split his webbing, and he immediately made his way to the pavilion for some medical attention.

All is well with Mumbai Indians skipper Sachin Tendulkar it seems. Tendulkar split a webbing on his right hand while attempting to take a low catch in the semi-final against Bangalore Royal Challengers on Thursday and later received five stitches. There were reports that the Little Master would be missing Sunday's IPL final against Chennai Super Kings. Sources though say that Tendulkar visited Lilavati Hospital yesterday evening for an x-ray on his left hand and the doctor who attended to him noticed that the injury to his right hand was not serious enough to keep him from playing the final. Lilavati spokesman Mohan Rajan refused to comment. :pray:

Of course he's gonna play. A split webbing and 5 stitches is never gonna be serious enough to stop someone who's desperate to play, but the main point isnt about whether Sachin will play or not, its how much the injury will affect his game and mindset. Will it hamper his game, will it affect his strokeplay?