A great documentary on Buddha

CC1981

Re: A great documentary on Buddha

to be pedantic... its not supernatural. the movement of celestial bodies to the development of a child's brain can all be explained.
So totally not what Varun meant. But lets not get into it.
yes lets not... i think anymore brain farts from you and i might have to call in the center for disease control.

to be pedantic... its not supernatural. the movement of celestial bodies to the development of a child's brain can all be explained.
So totally not what Varun meant. But lets not get into it.
Thanks CC, yeah I didn't mean for it to be taken literally. It was to give perspective to how much we know, and what we perceive as natural as opposed to supernatural (assume that the statement I made was made a few hundred years ago). I was also then making a comparison between the supposed ignorance of a child with our ignorance in answering questions about our existence, while admiring the sense of unadulterated wonder in a child. I'd go in more detail about each aspect later if you wish. I see sunlight creeping through, time to nod off :vampire:

Thanks CC, yeah I didn't mean for it to be taken literally. It was to give perspective to how much we know, and what we perceive as natural as opposed to supernatural (assume that the statement I made was made a few hundred years ago). I was also then making a comparison between the supposed ignorance of a child with our ignorance in answering questions about our existence, while admiring the sense of unadulterated wonder in a child. I'd go in more detail about each aspect later if you wish. I see sunlight creeping through, time to nod off :vampire:
Thats what i feel is the relevant question... is there a purpose to our existence, and are we obligated to lead a life more virtuous than the one we currently pursue, if so, why? and more interestingly, how? i think religion provides the code of conduct and disciple required to lead a life which is not entirely selfish, but the ambiguities in the interpretations of religion are becoming more and more poignant. maybe its time to designate some interpreters. what i love about being a hindu is the concept of teacher and student. i.e. interpretations of the texts and their purport is well defined by a higher spiritual authority and thus there is more uniformity.

Re: A great documentary on Buddha I have a simple analogy to make here A 4 years old, though he can claim that he can see/walk/ talk/hear/understand everything,( at least he thinks), still when we go up there on White Mountains/or Grand Canyons, 100s of feet above the ground, we hold his hand to make sure he does not fall down. He does not want to be held though. Remember, as per modern law, which we all accept, if anything were to happen to that kid, his parents are fully responsible for it. Trust me that kid does not understand the law. So when it comes to spirituality, there are many kiddos out there in the world. Some get lost/some suffer. I still think, responsibility comes to those who are grown up. But the trouble is, there is nothing much that one can do. We need to wait and see the kid growing with his own pace. take it easy, D100