Are you in the right occupation

Rajiv

...or let's put it this way. Are you doing, what you always wanted to do? Most of us didn't exactly plan to write codes or talk about C++ or Ajax when we were like 10 Most common ambition as a kid ( at least by way of your folks ) is either doctor or engineer I always wanted to be an Architect, but when the time came to choose career paths; I chose a commerce college so I could be with my friends and chase girls Things don't always remain the same, I landed up in the hospitality industry, then lil bit of IT and then ultimately business So whats your dark side, you wish you were doing something else? be a painter or a pilot? or happy where you are cause the money is good and you are settled

Re: Are you in the right occupation

So whats your dark side, you wish you were doing something else? be a painter or a pilot? or happy where you are cause the money is good and you are settled
Excellent thread Rajeev. Now you better run for cover before I start crying into my beer! Here are my thoughts of career(from childhood) 1) Train Driver: I used to wonder how cool it would be to go around the country, with an entire load of passengers looking outside the window, they all dependent on you. Shows how simple life as a child is really. 2) Pilot: Fighter to be precise. Got through NDA but didnt end up joining. I still wonder how it would have been to fly planes and do sorties. 3) Gym-owner: Strangely this has become something that I have wanted to do for past few years. I beleive this is a great occupation to be in and specially with all health consciousness there is a huge market for it. More so in India where people tend to go to doctors for every single beemari. If you keep in good health you just do not have that problem. Plus what beats the sight of shapely girls in leotards? Current occupation - IT. Love what I do and what it gives me but its not where i want to end up. xx

Gym Owner - Hmm, you thought about this as a kid? The only other word I knew for Gym was Talwalkars http://www.talwalkars.net/
I must say I have thought of that for a longgg time. It has been at the back of my mind even though not as first occupation. By the way I used to work out at Talwalkar's. The one they have at Andheri East. xx

Re: Are you in the right occupation As a kid i always wanted to be a pilot... I work in IT and i would say for the past 12 months i have increasingly suffered from extreme boredom. It really bores the living hell out of me nowadays. The pay is good, but i am moving out of this profession as soon as i can... I have always liked the idea of being my own boss, which i am in my current positon, but i would like my own business of sorts...

Nas. Shah did his training there before the movie Jalwa
Did he? I joined because I called them and the Personal Trainer who took the phone assured me of 21 inch biceps in 6 months :wall: should have not known better and all but eventually it was a pretty decent experience. Turns out the Personal Trainer was good too, except the frivolous advertisment campaign!
I work in IT and i would say for the past 12 months i have increasingly suffered from extreme boredom. It really bores the living hell out of me nowadays.
Raj, I beleive I know what you mean. What exactly bores you though? Is it perhaps doing the same stuff over and again? Is it meeting similar kind of people day in and out? Or is just because often it is a very sedentary job where you would be sitting on your arse for hours? xxx

Re: Are you in the right occupation Always wanted to work in a confectionary shop when i was a kid so that i cud eat all the choclates, crisps and as much pepsi as i want. Thats wat i work in right now at weekend, and believe i eat all the stuff i always wanted as much as i wanted right now loving it. As i grew up a bit always wanted to be pilot or somethign to do with space and planes and rockets. And thats exactly wat i m doing, Studying Aero-space engineering at Glasgow University during the week. So looking back i m doing everything i always wanted.

Re: Are you in the right occupation I aint joking, i really wanted to be a cricketer :eew: also, i wanted to be a paanwaala.. i was fascinated my neighbourhood paanwaala's long mustache and who dosent wanna be a pilot :wtg: PS- i also wanted to be a commentator, like bhogle.. at first i used to think that u needed to be a cricketer to be a commentator...

Im not sure yet what I want to be, want to be a Por Cricketer but tough competition over here in London. I NEED HELP what shall I be any hints. :help::help::help::help::help::help::help:
were you born in London?
Yes but I always been an Indian suporter like this guy 13a2.jpg

Re: Are you in the right occupation Interetsing to see so many bus & train drivers here. I too wanted to be a bus driver. I used to be fascinated with buses when i was young. Back then, would prefer to sit as close to the driver as possible in the bus & watch his movements & then try to mimic the same at home :hic:

Interetsing to see so many bus & train drivers here. I too wanted to be a bus driver. I used to be fascinated with buses when i was young. Back then' date=' would prefer to sit as close to the driver as possible in the bus & watch his movements & then try to mimic the same at home :hic:[/quote'] bull shit, u just wanted to press the horn :lmao: