Football transfers thread...

Sooda

Gunner's playing hardball, they know Cesc desperately wants to leave, and their trying to milk as much as they can from Barca. Only problem is that Barca don't need him that desperately, and if the deal doesn't happen, than the only losers will be Cesc and Arsenal for not cashing in, and being left with a player who no longer wants to be with them.

Cesc is most likely to stay for one more season. Arsene will do a SAF here. As far as Joe Cole is concerned, he is a London boy, he is more than likely to stay put in one of the London clubs. He is English, and I'd be very surprised if Arsene signs him :). Having said that, I'll be very happy if he plays for Utd next season.

Yaya Toure's agent claims his client will be playing in England next season, with a deal already agreed. The Barcelona midfielder's representative has refused to state with which club an agreement has been struck, but the Ivorian has been strongly linked with Manchester City of late.
That looks like the 30m€ + Yaya toure deal for Cesc is off then, if Yaya is going somewhere else on his own.

Cesc is most likely to stay for one more season. Arsene will do a SAF here. As far as Joe Cole is concerned, he is a London boy, he is more than likely to stay put in one of the London clubs. He is English, and I'd be very surprised if Arsene signs him :). Having said that, I'll be very happy if he plays for Utd next season.
ManUtd sign him and they'll lose the likes of Tosic.... it is sad to see the likes of Giuseppe Rossi being sold and washedup players like Michael Owen playing at his place....they need to be like Barca for once and back their youngsters..the likes of Welbeck,Cleverley,DeLaet,Tosic,Pogba be given an extended run. So far only Ben Amos seems to be headed for assured first team appearances in the next seasion

ManUtd sign him and they'll lose the likes of Tosic.... it is sad to see the likes of Giuseppe Rossi being sold and washedup players like Michael Owen playing at his place....they need to be like Barca for once and back their youngsters..the likes of Welbeck' date='Cleverley,DeLaet,Tosic,Pogba be given an extended run. So far only Ben Amos seems to be headed for assured first team appearances in the next seasion[/quote'] Well, Pique and Rossi left on the their own accords as they wanted first team football so badly. The likes of Tosic, Wellbeck and Pogba have time on their side. If they do well for the reserves then they will get more playtime in the first team. What I don't like to see is these youngsters(read as Anderson, Tosic, Nani) giving interviews to the newspapers that they will leave the club if they don't get enough playtime. That is just pathetic. The thing is, Joe Cole is class. He plays the winger/second striker option so well that I'd love to see him in Man Utd. Especially with Berbatov not going anywhere I'd like to have JC in the squad.

Joe Cole wont impact CHelsea that much. We have Essien, Bosignwa, Ivanovic injured for most of the season. They are more then capable of taking over JC. He could hardly get into the team as a starter anyway.

Joe Cole wont impact CHelsea that much. We have Essien, Bosignwa, Ivanovic injured for most of the season. They are more then capable of taking over JC. He could hardly get into the team as a starter anyway.
They are defenders. I do agree JC will not be a big loss for Chelsea..what with the likes of Malouda, Mikel, Ballack, Zhirkov and Deco(is rumored to sign for one of the Brazilian clubs) in your side.

Especially with Berbatov not going anywhere I'd like to have JC in the squad.
Berbatov is being strongly linked to AC Milan and Juventus....18m pounds. SAF may sell him and get a real replacement for Ronaldo - a 25-goal-a-season player = Dzeko or (gulp) Ibrahimovic??

Joe Cole, Michael Ballack, Juliano Belleti to leave Chelsea this summer. http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11668_6197951,00.html Martin Petrov, Benjani, Sylvinho released by Man City http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12875_6196658,00.html Senderos signs for Fulham on a 3 years deal from Arsenal http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12875_6197199,00.html

Guest Hiten.

Tough bullet to bite over Joe Cole leaving the bridge but equally happy that Chelsea are off loading ballack, I was never a fan of ballack.

Possibly true..Ibrahimovic doesn;t fit into Barca's system..Bojan suits them better..Torres for Ibrahimovic would be an excellent peice of business even if Barca pay 20m pounds on top of that....comparable to Mourinhos extremely cunning Eto'o for Ibra+cash swap(masterpiece)

Im not sure how good Silva will be, bit lightweight and possibly needs more time on the ball then the EPL will allow Plus alot of his game revolves around the understanding he has with the likes of Mata and Villa for Valencia and Iniesta, Xavi etc for Spain... hell have to forge that kind of understanding with the Bellamys and Adebayors. It'll be nice to see him do well. Barca should have bought both him and Villa last year, not bt Ibra.