Football transfers thread...

Sooda

Good time to start a new one for a new summer :D Especially with David Villa off to Barca and Fabregas seemingly on the way Top striker Villa is but I think he is overpriced considering how old he is... 2 or 3 years at the highest level maybe. Though you could say he dosent rely on out and out pace so much, much more on movement and finishing prowess They were linked with Suarez from Ajax for a while (not sure if he can play in a 3 man attack), or even Di Maria - though he will not score as many. Both younger and better long term options. A double swoop for Villa and Silva would have been great last summer (perhaps with Pedro part-exchange) as Villa would have been a perfect replacement for Henry. Villa/Eto'o/Messi would have been pretty darn good and recreated the magic that Henry/Eto'o/Messi had last season. And Silva would have slotted in perfectly in the midfield, particularly with Iniesta out for as long as he was. But then I think Eto'os place was untenable for whatever internal political reason, and Barca were keen on the option B that Zlatan's height and presence got with him. Perhaps the one are where Guardiola is yet to really prove himself is in the transfer market- no real 'steals' or great spots. The core of his team came through the academy and the big buys (of last year anyway)- Zlatan and more so the defender from Kiev didn't quite make the grade. Ibrahimovic was a simply ludicrous buy, for that amount. A straight swap with Eto'o would have made a bit more sense, £10 mil on top maybe... Fab will be a great signing for them, he can even play in the middle if Iniesta moves into the attacking 3 up front Where Ibra ends up will be interesting...

Guest Hiten.
Arsenal have confirmed the signing of Morocco striker Marouane Chamakh on an unspecified long-term deal. Hope this is just the first one of the summer :pray:
Arsenal couldn't have asked for anything more. Not only did they sign Chamakh without spending single penny (he was a free agent) but they now have a quality striker upfront to support the likes of Ashravin and RVP. They better start looking for Cesc's replacement, he is not going to stay at Arsenal for those 3rd and 4th place finishes anymore.

Arsenal desperately need a quality central defender to challenge for top honors home and away. Vermaelen turned out to be a great signing, and Wenger needs someone similar to him in physique and quality. If Cesc does go at the estimated tag of 80 million,Wenger could well use part of that money to lull either Brede Hangeland from Fulham or buy a holding MF in the likes of Sissoko/Mahamadou Diarra or Keita.

Arsenal desperately need a quality central defender to challenge for top honors home and away. Vermaelen turned out to be a great signing, and Wenger needs someone similar to him in physique and quality. If Cesc does go at the estimated tag of 80 million,Wenger could well use part of that money to lull either Brede Hangeland from Fulham or buy a holding MF in the likes of Sissoko/Mahamadou Diarra or Keita.
:woot: Where did you hear that number? I'vent heard anything more than 40 million. To be honest, if I was Arsene, I wouldn't blink an eye to sell him at that price.

£80m is just crazy, I can understand Arsenal trying to price out Cesc, but what is the point when the player doesn't not want to stay are Arsenal. Barca are not exactly desperate to sign Cesc, and will only do the deal at the right price, whereas Arsenal might end up with keeping begrudged player who will not be fully committed to the team.

Just heard Cesc's interview on sky. My gut feeling is that he will stay one more season at Arsenal. Arsene will convince him to stay one more season and say you can go next year even IF we win silverware. An interesting aside, if Cesc goes this year, his last game in an Arsenal shirt would have been against Barcelona, just like Titi's in that CL final before he moved to Barcelona. Now Titi hasn't exactly set the world on fire since then.....

Now Titi hasn't exactly set the world on fire since then.....
Had a storming season in 08/09- Him, Eto'o and Messi formed one of the greatest club attacks of all time... he was never going to be AS good as his Arsenal days. But Barca got their 16mill worth. Im not sure if Arsenal needs a player like Chamakh. seems like the kind of striker who'd hold the ball up and bring others into play dosent score loads... a good aerial presence is something they lack I suppose. Plus he's free so nothing to lose A bigger requirement is just an out and out goal scorer..someone to bury the many chances they create. I hope Fabregas moves but also hope Barca dont get rid of Yaya Toure. They are said to have offered him in Part/x. Silly move. Yaya is a vastly superior def mid to Busquetes and Keita... In other news... Man City want James Milner and apparently have offered Villa 20mill plus Stephen Ireland for him. Ireland seems set to leave regardless, Im not sure why Mancini dosent fancy him he's a quality player. And Real set to land Di Maria for about 30 Mill. Or something. A year after they let Robben go who then turned out to be one of the best players of the CL... :cantstop:

Guest Hiten.

Chelsea are going for Yaya toure, Torres, benayoun. Torres is all good and stuff but I think he's overpriced and Chelsea need to back off the deal. I'd rather have Joe Cole in the team than benayoun, given that the former is convinced by the salary/contract negotiations. Carlo promised us that Chelsea will invest in future talent but is instead picking the old hogs for an overpriced tag. Didn't Kun Aguero already agree a deal with Chelsea ?

^ How much is Torres rumoured to be for? Considering Villa at 29 is 30mill +.. Torres is younger and arguably a better striker... he is worth that much at least. Thats the going rate. Bit injury prone thats the only downside. He's a class act and will really bang them in for Chelski. Him and Drogba will be possibly the best club attack in world football. Dont think Aguero has actually signed yet... he does want to move down to the Prem though..either for your scumbags or Utd