Religious discussions on this board are out of hand...

yoda

Re: Religious discussions on this board are out of hand... Freedom of expression should be allowed. No reason that religion should be a taboo subject. Banning mickey taking on religion or criticism of religion is akin to the danish cartoon disgrace. When freedom of expression was attempted to be curtailed by islamic nutters and to a lesser extent it worked as the media in world is scared to criticise/mickey take islam. With the attitude of some you guys I suppose you would have banned a film like "The life of Brian"

Re: Religious discussions on this board are out of hand...

Freedom of expression should be allowed. No reason that religion should be a taboo subject. Banning mickey taking on religion or criticism of religion is akin to the danish cartoon disgrace. When freedom of expression was attempted to be curtailed by islamic nutters and to a lesser extent it worked as the media in world is scared to criticise/mickey take islam. With the attitude of some you guys I suppose you would have banned a film like "The life of Brian"
As for we are concerned there is more than what eye can meet. It's all well and good people calling different religions what they like on this forums. What happens in the background though we don't publicize. We get told off by the web hosts for things that constitute religious abuse. We still convince them it's all good and assure them it is not getting out of hand. Don't know if you know what constitutes "Promoting religious hatred". The web hosts take no chance with regards to rants about religions as they end up in a soup trying to fight legal battles against super rich religious setups. If some of you are so interested why not spend some time and little money to put together a website such as freedomfaith.org? A website like freedomfaith.org is backed by good funding and plenty of hands. Even the guy that runs that website is Anonymous. Personally we have done enough to keep discussions going but of late it has reached heights that can cause fair bit of concern for the ones running this website and under those that this website is registered. We would like someone else to take this responsibility of creating a website with absolutely no bars discussions on religion. I encourage guys like you that have done enough research on religion and also have acquired good enough knowledge to start a website on shortcomings of a particular religion to enlighten other people if that is what your motto is. I can provide you with technical details about how to put together one if you like. I'm sure you will find quite a few guys here that have similar knowledge and time to contribute. It won?t cost much to run it either I?m sure considering all you need is just one single message board. If I were as fascinated or well learned as you fellas on religion I will have done that by now. Unfortunately I have no desire to dwell into any man made religion that in the end doesn't promote tolerance and living in harmony. I feel it is a waste of time and as long as each person denounces such religions you have done your job. We have enough reasons to ask to show restraint as we cannot afford to jeopardize a good cricket web site. At the same time I like to discuss openly without bar a lot of things about religion too but I clearly know this is not the platform as I know the limitations we guys have. I urge some of you guys that feel so strongly about this topic to put together a web site without any Anonymity. I?m sure you guys also know the ones that run website like faithfreedom.org are all anonymous. They guard their privacy very well but on the net they present themselves quite differently for a reason. I personally don?t mind going on to a website like that and posting what I like but I cannot personally take responsibility for what people post here though. I need not have told you fellas all these but I want you guys to take responsibility of your posts and understand how things work. If you guys put together a website that discusses religions with no bar we will be the first ones to link it from this website on the front page. That's for sure. I suppose you guys can appreciate where we are coming from.

Re: Religious discussions on this board are out of hand... dsr, no one is saying religious extremists have no place in society. question is, is there a place for such hatred on this site? btw, we are not talking about civil discussions here. we are actually talking about gutter level.

i have requested many times to the mods to ban CC for insulting Lord Krishna and the Bagavad Gita..... may I know, why no action was taken.... Bheem was a part of the thread as a poster and hence it will not look good, if he used his mod powers.... But I was hoping one of the other mods would step in and ban/warn/edit him, but no avail....
they cant do that, since the mod himself insults other religions, so thats why others do the same.

I disagree... Why cant we keep religious people out of our discussions. Religions, countries, faiths, beliefs fine with me. Race, cast, whatever you say> Go on. But no Krisha and Mohemmad. Count me out of this forum otherwise. like you all but there has to be a limit to everything. I mean tommorrow, some boys here wants to go on discussing how to rape 10 year old girl?? Would we agree with that as long as they keep it between themself. Its on the forum and some1 has to take the responsibility for it. If there are 2-4 people who want to do that then they can do it anywhere else. We have nice sections for jokes, genral discussions, cooking, politics, geography. This forum is not mine. I wont lose a dime neither you all if I dont come here. But I enjoy coming here and just talking to you all. Please do not encourage anything thats evil.
Good point you make there. Just because it is no holds it doesn't mean you discuss some really nasty things here. From what I have seen religion is one of the most abused words on cricket forums. I still don't understand what anyone wants to prove by proving some religion is not good enough to follow. Everyone has their right to make a choice and if someone picked up Islam or Hindu by choice the rest can't go around questioning why an individual did that. Leave it to the individuals to make their decisions. As much as you are wise the next person is too. I don't agree with those that say keep away from threads that offends ya. This website clearly is up for "Cricket followers" in general and the "General Discussions" thread is to only to supplement discussing things that are outside cricket. To use this as a medium to bombard the short comings of any religion is not fair. Obviously a thread like "hindu/islam god is a molester, womaniser" will catch the attention of regular posters that don't even come here to discuss anything outside cricket. You can't expect every poster not to be sensitive or religious. I may not care about that topic but how about my neighbour who is way sensitive and religious. I don't want to be part of this too but at times some posts/threads catch my attention. I've learnt to ignore them but at times I think it is going a bit too overboard.
Thanks Ravi. I wont feel odd out now. Cheers.

i have requested many times to the mods to ban CC for insulting Lord Krishna and the Bagavad Gita..... may I know, why no action was taken.... Bheem was a part of the thread as a poster and hence it will not look good, if he used his mod powers.... But I was hoping one of the other mods would step in and ban/warn/edit him, but no avail....
they cant do that, since the mod himself insults other religions, so thats why others do the same.
i am not talking about you or muslims..... i am talking about some dalits converted to buddhism who are bitter about hinduism religion...

Re: Religious discussions on this board are out of hand... Ravi has said everything that I would like to say. I have been avoiding these threads like a plague, mostly due to my disinterest in these topics. I dont quite have the knowledge or the time to read/debate these topics, as religion to me, is no more an attribute of mine, than my name. I am a Hindu because my parents told me so. I am neither proud nor ashamed to be one. As a mod, my personal view is that all topics must be allowed in a forum. What doesnt interest me, may be the only reason, some may come here to post. We must not deny them that privilege. However, we need to keep the quality of this site, and the liability of the webhosts, in perspective, as well. Free speech is not free after all. Thats the ground reality. We dont want to come across as promoters of hate-mongering or mud slinging religious debators. From the very beginning we had thrust the responsibility on the posters to run the forum, we still like to. But the reality may force us to moderate a bit more of these topics, than we would like to. This forum is free for all of you. It lets us all come together on a Saturday afternoon & talk to folks as geographically apart from each other as the earth allows them to. Its a rare opportunity. Not every site is as active and interesting. Help sustain this community & keep us all together for years to come. Take responsibility and avoid posts/topics that would be considered offensive, by the general mass. If this is not possible, am afraid we may have shutdown topics on religion for good. That would be a gross over reaction, but that may just be the only way to keep things in control.