Barclays Premier League 2010-11

Gunner_Mania

Barclays Premier League 2010-11  

1. 1.

Is there anyone in the current squad whose only club has been Arsenal ?
I didnt mean 'born' literally, they are all unknowns when they join the club, but by the time they leave/retire they are well established stars in the footballing world. About HG players, Jack Wilshere and Kieran Gibbs are the ones in the First Team, would like to know whats the count in the other big sides like ManU and Chelsea? By HG I mean through the club's academy.

I didnt mean 'born' literally, they are all unknowns when they join the club, but by the time they leave/retire they are well established stars in the footballing world. About HG players, Jack Wilshere and Kieran Gibbs are the ones in the First Team, would like to know whats the count in the other big sides like ManU and Chelsea? By HG I mean through the club's academy.
Yup..interesting topic...will have to run through when free

Agreed most of the Stars for Arsenal are known for their Contributions for Arsenal. But United too have many players who are known for their contributions only for United very much Unlike Chelsea. And its also True that Arsenal have many HG players in first team, United had most of their First 11 from the Academy in the Past in the Beckham, Scholes, Keane era. But United have been competing fiercely on Europe over the past 4-5 years, and for that if you do not have players like Scholes, Beckham Giggs etc coming from academy you will not be winning anything. Just like Arsenal. Still United currently have more HG players who plays in first 11 or on the bench than what Chelsea have. Thats why i respect Arsenal, whatever they have done have done without spending millions, But if they have to win something now, they have to spend.

Is there anyone in the current squad whose only club has been Arsenal ?
Jack Wilshere's only club is Arsenal, unless you count Bolton where he was on loan, but even then he was still on the Arsenal payroll. he has been with the club since he was 9. Jay Emmanuel Thomas - He is again an Arsenal academy product - and also English. He has been with the club since he was 7 and is a name that will become more popular in 2-3 years.

Agreed most of the Stars for Arsenal are known for their Contributions for Arsenal. But United too have many players who are known for their contributions only for United very much Unlike Chelsea. And its also True that Arsenal have many HG players in first team' date=' United had most of their First 11 from the Academy in the Past in the Beckham, Scholes, Keane era. But United have been competing fiercely on Europe over the past 4-5 years, and for that if you do not have players like Scholes, Beckham Giggs etc coming from academy you will not be winning anything. Just like Arsenal. Still United currently have more HG players who plays in first 11 or on the bench than what Chelsea have. Thats why i respect Arsenal, whatever they have done have done without spending millions, But if they have to win something now, they have to spend.[/quote'] The credit for that should go to Arsene and SAF, or else one of these days we would be facing similar crises that clubs like Liverpool, Leeds faced.

Jack Wilshere's only club is Arsenal, unless you count Bolton where he was on loan, but even then he was still on the Arsenal payroll. he has been with the club since he was 9. Jay Emmanuel Thomas - He is again an Arsenal academy product - and also English. He has been with the club since he was 7 and is a name that will become more popular in 2-3 years.
In this regard..I think ManUtd>>....Arsenal/Liverpool>>..Chelsea a.t.m. Utd have Scholes and Giggs ( legendary players..),Fletcher,G.Neville,John O Shea,Welbeck,Evans Arsenal at this point have 2 fairly unproven quantities - comparable to Utd's Welbeck,Jonny Evans Liverpool have Gerrard

In this regard..I think ManUtd>>....Arsenal/Liverpool>>..Chelsea a.t.m. Utd have Scholes and Giggs ( legendary players..),Fletcher,G.Neville,John O Shea,Welbeck,Evans Arsenal at this point have 2 fairly unproven quantities - comparable to Utd's Welbeck,Jonny Evans Liverpool have Gerrard
Gerrard, Scholes , Giggs have all had their time. They have may be a year or two left in the tanks. The thing you have to remember is United have always had an advantage over others in the fact that Sir Alex has been there for eons. So he has sorted the way the club is managed and run in every aspect, the same has happened now at Arsenal especially with the academies at both clubs. Liverpool & Chelsea on the other hand have seen managers come and go and there is no continuity .

An interesting point made on the Guardian Football Weekly podcast: before the weekend, Liverpool had won four, drawn four, lost four, GD -2, characterized by "everyone" as a club in crisis. Tottenham had won four, drawn four, lost four, GD -1, hailed as a top four candidate all season. After the weekend, the difference is three points in Tottenham's favour again, but that's not much of a gap.
Just a thought to chew on How perceptions change...

This is why PL is the best, You never know whats next, anyone can win. Chelsea lost last week at home, United drew from a position they could have lost badly, Spurs won from a Position they were down and out. Thats the beauty of PL, Give me anything close to PL anywhere in the world.

Gutted!! spoiled the weekend. On that second half performance we absolutely didnt deserve a point or going on top either. :(( No way should we harbour thoughts on winning the league with this kind of form.
I think it was just a bad day, you cannot say Arsenal do not deserve, then who deserve? United arent playing Best either and we do not need to discuss about Chelsea. This season who takes the points deserves it the most for me.