Barclays Premier League 2010-11

Gunner_Mania

Barclays Premier League 2010-11  

1. 1.

Ferguson given five-match ban "Sir Alex Ferguson has been banned from the touchline for Manchester United's next five matches and will have to watch the FA Cup semi-final from the stands after being found guilty of improper conduct at a Football Association hearing. Ferguson has also been fined £30,000 after the FA decided to take a hardline stance over his decision to fight the charge rather than accept he had gone too far in his criticisms of the referee Martin Atkinson after the defeat at Chelsea earlier this month. For that offence, Ferguson was banned from the touchline for United's next three games, starting with Bolton Wanderers' visit to Old Trafford on Saturday, plus a trip to West Ham and a home match against Fulham. However, Ferguson already had a suspended two-match touchline ban hanging over him from a previous charge, when he had accused Alan Wiley of being physically unfit to referee in the Premier League. That has now been invoked, meaning Ferguson will also be banned from United's dugout in the all-Manchester semi-final at Wembley and a home game against Everton. The case against Ferguson was that he alleged bias on Atkinson's part by saying that he should not have been appointed for the Chelsea game because the occasion demanded "a fair referee." Ferguson, who had been incensed by Atkinson's officiating of a 2-1 defeat for the Premier League leaders, had decided to fight the charge against the recommendation of United's legal advisers. Ferguson has 48 hours to appeal."
The Guardian The only manager who has the balls to say something about the crappy standards of the referees in the EPL is given a touchline ban - the FA continues to show their apathy to the cause of good football and continue to support the referees however bad they may have become :mad:

And to add insult to injury, while there's a system to punish a manager/player if he says something about a bad referee, there's no punishment for referees for ruining games with their bad decisions at important moments in the match - there should be a system to punish referees also (maybe demotion to the championships :hmmm:).

Chelsea beats Man City 2-0. David Luiz fantastic. 9 points the gap, 3 for match in hand, 3 for the Match Vs ManU, then ManU to drop 4 more points through 2 draws.
and then you will come out of your dream to see that Chelsea have fallen out of the top 4 at the end of the season :hehe:

Manchester United will play Juventus in a testimonial game for Gary Neville at Old Trafford on Tuesday 24 May. Neville, 36, announced his retirement on 2 February after spending his career with United, making 602 appearances. He said: "I am delighted to be given this game by the club, it is going to be a very emotional night, especially as I pull on that red shirt once more. "I intend to savour every moment and I hope the fans can share in my special night," he added. Neville made his debut as a 17-year-old against Torpedo Moscow in a Uefa Cup tie in 1992. He was part of the United team that won eight Premier League titles, three FA Cups, two League Cups and the Champions League in 1999. On the way to their dramatic victory in the final against Bayern Munich at the Nou Camp, United defeated Juventus in the semi-finals. Neville has pledged to use the money raised by the match for community projects and supporter initiatives in the UK and abroad. Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson said: "Gary has been a loyal servant of Manchester United and this is a fitting tribute to honour Gary and his career. "It also gives the fans the opportunity to show their admiration and appreciation for a player who is very much one of them. We have had many great games against Juventus in the past and I am sure this will be another memorable night."
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/13011254.stm :hatsoff::hatsoff: