WC Day 13: Rooney v Slovenia, USA v Algeria (Group C)

SachDan

:hmmm: Did we watch the same game?
What I meant was Slovenia could've easily equalized and had their fair share of chances at scoring a goal in the latter part of the game. Having a lead of just one goal was too close for comfort given England needed an outright win in this match. I was quite nervous watching end of the match and so must have been other English supporters.

Now did we watch the same game? :hmmm: Ludhi's spot on! England were just hanging there once Rooney left the field. A Slovenian equalizer would have meant England getting eliminated!
It was till 70th minute i guess. So majority of the game time England were a beter team.

What I meant was Slovenia could've easily equalized and had their fair share of chances at scoring a goal in the latter part of the game. Having a lead of just one goal was too close for comfort given England needed an outright win in this match. I was quite nervous watching end of the match and so must have been other English supporters.
Yeah it was only after 70 mins.

It was till 70th minute i guess. So majority of the game time England were a beter team.
I aint saying they were not the better of the two. In fact they were all over Slovenia for good part of the game but scored just one goal and it's always dangerous to hang on to a slender lead especially in a crucial match like today's! Had plenty of chances..they should have settled the issue as early as 50th minute when Defoe squandered a golden opportunity :( Anyways England are through and that's what matters :aha:

I aint saying they were not the better of the two. In fact they were all over Slovenia for good part of the game but scored just one goal and it's always dangerous to hang on to a slender lead especially in a crucial match like today's! Had plenty of chances..they should have settled the issue as early as 50th minute when Defoe squandered a golden opportunity :( Anyways England are through and that's what matters :aha:
Any chances you see against germans?

Guest Hiten.

Keeping defoe out of the playing XI was a mistake and I'm glad Capello rectified it in this match. There is no way Heskey, crouch (though he never started) should be in your first preference list when you have defoe at your disposal. England will have to play out their skins against the germans and I have a feeling that this match will be all for England this WC.

The secret behind England's victory was not the change in the team as most people are attributing it to. t was the fact that they were allowed to have a beer the night before the match.
Yeah that is hilarious :haha: