WC Day 13: Australia v Serbia, Germany v Ghana (Group D)

Chalks

Only a football novice would make the mistake of taking the fifa rankings seriously. I bet USA had a good time beating Barbados, Canada and other shyte teams it plays to get a high ranking. Everyone knows Ghana are better than the USA. I mean look at Israel! Them damn jews rank 26 despite being possibly one of the most mediocre teams ever.

Only a football novice would make the mistake of taking the fifa rankings seriously. I bet USA had a good time beating Barbados, Canada and other shyte teams it plays to get a high ranking. Everyone knows Ghana are better than the USA.
And let's not forget the win over then #1 ranked spain 2-0 :giggle:

Do you know Ghana won the Fifa under 20 world cup last year? Meanwhile the confederations cup which nobody takes seriously and players just try to avoid injury is seen as some kind of achievement. BTW where are India on these rankings? I been looking and im not finding, bad times.

I am not saying they are going to win. All I am saying is that they are not cr@p for you to make a statement that they aren't good enough to get to QF. Anytime that be up 2-0 against Brazil is damn good.

Do you know Ghana won the Fifa under 20 world cup last year? Meanwhile the confederations cup which nobody takes seriously and players just try to avoid injury is seen as some kind of achievement. BTW where are India on these rankings? I been looking and im not finding, bad times.
We don't like all these running and stuff. We need our max-mobile timeouts. B->

Good win. But the damage had already been done in Germany game. :(( But still good riddance Pim. Get a halfway decent manager and we might do ok at the Asian Cup (in January), even though we'll probably be without our Euro-based "stars". But with most of our first team squad over 30, it's time for a mini re-build, anyway. Schwarzer, Bresciano, Grella, Chipperfield, Kewell, Moore and Neill will be long gone by the time of the next WC in Brazil (should we make it), and Kennedy and Cahill will be pushing it @ 34. The worry is there doesn't seem to be much young talent coming through, but players like Matthew Leckie, Scott Jameson and Adrian Leijer, who are all playing in the domestic competition (the A-league), and Tommy Oar could be in the frame. Mitch Langerak is a good young goalkeeper. Formerly of Melbourne Victory, he now will be warming the bench at Borussia Dortmund. For the Asian Cup, the Socceroos are in Group C with South Korea, Bahrain, and...India. :icflove: