WC Day 13: Australia v Serbia, Germany v Ghana (Group D)

Chalks

B-> We can still qualify if we beat Serbs by 2, and Germany beat Ghana by 3. :two_thumbs_up: (We can also qualify if we win and Ghana beat Germany, but that is highly unlikely.) +ves: - Cahill is back. - We perform at our best in must-win situations. - Serbs can be mentally fragile. -ves: - Kewell is out (though he is our Beckham - more a brand name than a footballer these days) - Serbs have quality all over the pitch, and are extremely tough to break down defensively. Only conceded one goal in two games, and that from the penalty spot. Dilemma whether to play out-of-form Kennedy up front, or whether Holman starts again. I'm not sure all three of them (Kennedy, Holman and Cahill) can be in the starting XI, and Timmy is virtually a certainty to start, playing behind the one up front. Don't think I'll get a wink of sleep tonight watching the games from Groups C and D.

USA have no match for Ghana's power' date=' they will just steam roll them. Even without Essien Ghana will always be better than the USA.[/quote'] This US team beat Spain in the Confed semis and was up 2-0 against Brazil in the finals. Don't underestimate them. Anyways the team that makes best use of the opportunities near the goal will win. Unfortunately the US has blown more chances than any other team I have seen. As always Landon Donovan is the key for the US. He needs to be active near the goal and take as many shots as possible without deferring too much.