Ingerland, O Ingerland :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Shane

There was a very good argument going on in one of the news channels regarding the goal line techies and what countries need to do to push FIFA to introduce it. (I don't remember who it was but) he said that the FAs of the countries can approach the sponsors and force them to pull out of the sponsorship if the FIFA fails to introduce techie. His reasoning was that if the world cup is marred by such bad decisions, naturally, it will lose its gloss and people may not follow it up which would eventually affect the sponsors. I thought that is a very good idea.

Regarding the fear of interruption of play' date=' the players argue with the referee for about 30 seconds anyways on these sort of controversial decisions so might as well use the goal line technology. And Fifa also keeps harping about 'Fair Play' so they should surely take this into consideration.[/quote'] All it needs is a sensor and a buzzer which goes off everytime the ball crosses the line. They need not even stop the match and have a look at the giant screen.

There are mainly two technologies that are being proposed, one from a German company and the other Hawkeye. The german, one is where there is a chip in the ball and a magentic field behind the goal line. It picks up as soon as the magnetic field is broken and sendz a buzz to the referee on his ear piece. Hawkeye, we know from cricket how it works. The best I liked is having a pool of water in the goal post behind the goal line or sand instead of grass. so the ball won't bounce back once its pitched on the other side of teh goal line:P

Boize, I have some juicy gossip to report. Apparently Stevie Gerrard is at the heart of a major controversy which has divided the Engalnd dressing during this world cup. The rumour is that he has got his wife's sister pregnant, and though the papers have the story, they have een gagged by an injuction from reporting. Half the team seem to have distanced themselves from SG, and John Terry seems pretty miffed why SG was made team captain when he was stripped for his own indiscretions. Lol, England playrs are quite like the pak cricketers, they always provide as with funz and stuffz.

^^ Nah this one is not a hoax, he normally tells as this kind of sh*t when his pissed and lets his guard down, he has been right pretty much everytime. It's still very much under wraps at the moment, and will be time before it's out in the open.