Luis Suarez-cheater?

cowboysfan

let me ask you guys one thing is diving cheating ? or is it cheating only if it evokes a bad call from the referee ? what if the referee never gave the penalty and uruguay went on to win would his action be termed as cheating? nothing has changed about his actions, his intention or motivation to do it except the fact he didn't receive a punishment. The point i am trying to make is a red card doesn't legitimize the hand ball but its a deterrent, a hand ball is still very much illegal and a deliberate one such as suarez is immoral whether or not it is punished is a different matter altogether. People saying suarez is ok in doing that should also agree that afiridi/pakistan can go about biting/tampering balls as long as they are banned for two matches afterwards and accept that punishment, if they are caught in the first place :dontknow:
If the referee didnt give penalty and Uruguay went on to win even then Suarez's action wouldnt be termed cheating, it would be the referee who would have cheated Ghana from having a chance of winning the game. How different is handling the ball on the line different from when a player is one on one with the goalkeeper and has a clear shot at goal and the goal keeper trips him. It is not cheating. Your cricket analogy is incorrect because, If afridi/pakistan bite/tamper a ball and then afridi is banned for two matches the opposing team is not given a 50-50 chance to win by like say, a player will throw a ball at the wicket keeper and if the wicket keeper doesnt stop it the opposing team wins.

If the referee didnt give penalty and Uruguay went on to win even then Suarez's action wouldnt be termed cheating, it would be the referee who would have cheated Ghana from having a chance of winning the game. How different is handling the ball on the line different from when a player is one on one with the goalkeeper and has a clear shot at goal and the goal keeper trips him. It is not cheating. Your cricket analogy is incorrect because, If afridi/pakistan bite/tamper a ball and then afridi is banned for two matches the opposing team is not given a 50-50 chance to win by like say, a player will throw a ball at the wicket keeper and if the wicket keeper doesnt stop it the opposing team wins.
THe punishments may differ across sports and i agree can't be compared as like to like, but what i am trying to say is just because there exists a punishment and its imposed it doesn't legitimize the action. And deliberately tripping the player is cheating if the keeper has not gone for the ball when did i ever say it was not :dontknow: . Deliberately handballing is wrong don't you agree ? He may have done what 10 out of ten players would have done perhaps if i were in his place i would have done the same but that doesn't make his action right

THe punishments may differ across sports and i agree can't be compared as like to like' date=' but what i am trying to say is just because there exists a punishment and its imposed it doesn't legitimize the action. [b']And deliberately tripping the player is cheating if the keeper has not gone for the ball when did i ever say it was not :dontknow: . Deliberately handballing is wrong don't you agree ? He may have done what 10 out of ten players would have done perhaps if i were in his place i would have done the same but that doesn't make his action right
Well a lot of yellow cards would then be argued as cheating. It happens so often in football, where a player deliberately fouls to stop a opposition from breaking through even though he knows he will receive a yellow card.

but that doesn't make his action right
they are playing to win, not to make sure all their actions are right. players commit all kinds of fouls many intentionally. this action isn't as bad as you make it out to be cause you get a penalty kick which is a pretty decent way to compensate for the foul, short of giving you the goal. look at all the grabbing people do during every corner kick, by the time the ball lands half the players are on the ground.