WC Final: Spain v Netherlands at Soccer City, Jo'Burg - 11th July 2010

SachDan

Netherlands hasnt lost for a while more than 2 years' date=' they have been unbeaten. They were first team to quality from the Europe.[b'] Its going to battle of midfield.
No way. Xavi, Iniesta and Alonso will win the battle of midfield hands down anyday. the Spanish always have that extra second longer to keep the ball then most do and always find that extra player to pass. Holland will have to cut out the time Spain have on the ball, close them more often and keep attacking them. if Holland want to play the midfield game, Spain will pass the ball all day long and hit Holland as they tire down during the back end of the game.

God backs Spain to win World Cup Cricketing giants Sachin Tendulkar and Rahul Dravid have backed Spain to win the FIFA World Cup. Tendulkar, Dravid and a majority of the Sri Lanka-bound Indian cricketers assembled here on Thursday night for an impending tour of Sri Lanka. The side, sans skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni, paceman Abhimanyu Mithun and wicket-keeper batsman Wridhhiman Saha, will leave for Sri Lanka on Friday morning to play in a three-Test series that will be followed by a triangular ODI series with New Zealand as the third side. The newly married Dhoni, who arrived here with wife Sakshi, will fly to Colombo on Saturday after attending a function here on Friday evening — the Indian captain will be made an honorary member of the Madras Cricket Club. Mithun and Saha, with the India `A’ team in England, will journey to the Sri Lankan capital from London. While the cricketers were focussed on the campaign in Sri Lanka, they also shared their thoughts about the title match of the engrossing and hugely popular football World Cup. Tendulkar told The Hindu, “I think Spain has been playing fine football. The side’s passing has been slick and it is playing in a very organised manner. I feel it has an edge over Holland in the final.†Dravid said, “Spain is a very well balanced team. There are no obvious weaknesses in the side. The players are very good on the ball. Holland is a worthy opponent and it could be a tough game but I think Spain will emerge triumphant.†Yuvraj Singh, appearing slimmer and fitter, said, “It’s going to be Spain man, no question about that.†Turning his attention to the Spain-Germany semifinal, he said, “Paul the Octopus can never be wrong. It gets everything right.†Dhoni, who began his sporting career as a football goalkeeper, said, “Whichever team I back loses. So I will not say anything now. We all know who is playing the better football.†The Indian team will play a three-day first class match in Colombo before travelling to Galle for the first Test, beginning on July 18. link :yay::yay:

Oracle Octopus Paul predicts Spain to win World Cup Germany's oracle octopus Paul picked Spain to beat the Netherlands in the World Cup final on Sunday in a live television broadcast watched across Europe. The two-year-old celebrity octopus, who has accurately picked the outcome of all six of Germany's World Cup matches so far, quickly tipped Spain to beat the Netherlands. It took him only three minutes to make up his mind. "That was fast -- it looks like a clear-cut victory for Spain," said Tanja Munzig, spokeswoman for Sea Life in Oberhausen. She was surprised by his speed in picking Spain. For some matches it took Paul 70 minutes to decide. The octopus, considered by some to be the most intelligent of all invertebrates, got the choice of picking food from two different transparent containers lowered into his tank -- one with a Dutch flag on it and one with Spain's flag. Reaction in Spain was swift, with the country's biggest selling sports daily website Marca.com running the headline: "The octopus Paul makes us champions". The container Paul opens first is regarded as his pick. On Friday he wasted no time in diving for the container on the right side with the Spanish flag on it. Two German television networks interrupted their programming for live coverage of the two-year-old celebrity octopus's picks. Networks in Spain, the Netherlands and elsewhere in Europe also broadcast Paul's decision live. Earlier on Friday, Germans heaved a sigh of relief when Paul tipped Germany to beat Uruguay in the World Cup match for third place. There were cheers in offices across Germany after crowds of viewers tuned in to watch Paul live. Normally he only picks Germany matches. But for the final Sea Life made an exception. The octopus in Oberhausen turned into a global celebrity for correctly picking the winners of all six of Germany's World Cup matches -- including their two defeats to Serbia and Spain. On Friday Paul first settled on top of the Germany container but after a few minutes shifted to the Uruguay container. Then after about 15 minutes he went back to Germany container, quickly opened the lid and ate the morsel of food inside. Not an ordinarily superstitious people, Germans have become believers in Paul's possible psychic powers. The country was shocked and distraught when he picked Spain to beat Germany after tipping German wins over Argentina, England, Ghana and Australia. Paul's selections have become top news across Germany and around the world. Some commentators even wondered aloud whether his improbable winning streak might have begun to influence some of the more superstitious players. But after Paul accurately picked Spain to beat Germany in the semi-final, some Germans called for a public roasting of the oracle octopus. Newspapers and websites were filled with suggestions on how to cook and eat him. Officials at Sea Life in Oberhausen have installed extra security to protect their octopus. "Paul is in safe hands with us," said Munzig. Spain's Prime Minister Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero was quoted in Spanish media reports saying -- in jest -- he was concerned about Paul's safety. "I am concerned for the octopus...I am thinking of sending him a protective team," Zapatero said. Spain's Environment and Fisheries Minister Elena Espinosa also said: "On Monday I shall be at the European Council of Ministers and I shall be asking for a (fishing) ban on Paul the octopus so Germans do not eat him." link B->