Want to get in shape for summer? Join in...

Lurker

Lurker' date=' have you heard of P90X? what are you thoughts on it?[/quote'] I have. My first impression is that it is great if you are looking to go lean. It basically works on two principles: a) Keep changing your exercise regime so your body does not get used to it. b) Do a short and intensive training, say 30 minutes, as against a more usual hour long gym routine. Both these principles are typically well known for getting lean and increasing endurance. What it does not do is improve your strength. If you are already in a decent shape and are looking to get bigger this may not be for you, but if you are looking to shed some pounds and go light on your feet its worth a shot. xxx

I have. My first impression is that it is great if you are looking to go lean. It basically works on two principles: a) Keep changing your exercise regime so your body does not get used to it. b) Do a short and intensive training, say 30 minutes, as against a more usual hour long gym routine. Both these principles are typically well known for getting lean and increasing endurance. What it does not do is improve your strength. If you are already in a decent shape and are looking to get bigger this may not be for you, but if you are looking to shed some pounds and go light on your feet its worth a shot. xxx
thanks bro, appreciate the knowledge

Thats not good Suraj. Workouts do lot more than build body and health. Personally it has been the biggest stress releiver for me. If you are stuck in a job that is stressful it is even more the reason to workout and take out the stress in gym, or at home. Sure you will need to get up early 30 minutes a day but the results is well worth it. Not saying you arent trying your best but do look to squeeze about 30 minutes of your me time.
You are right Lurker but somehow it has not been working out despite my best efforts

Lurker, I am 6'2 and I weigh about 210 lbs. I need to lose at least 10-12 lbs and get rid of the fat around my stomach. Diet: Breakfast- Usually a sandwich with a banana. Lunch- Decent sized plate of rice with dal/curry followed by a bowl of curd. Dinner- any vegetable with 2 rotis I am currently on vacation in India but when I am in the US studying, my eating habits are absolutely pathetic. I am generally on Pizza/junk food for most of the time. Could you suggest a diet? I generally avoid working out by I guess I have to get rid of my laziness and hit the gym :((

Though i am not an expert ur diet look alright for a young guy of that physique.If u choose whole wheat bread and fat free butter/yogurt,there won't be much problem.In India we usually put milk cream to make Yogurt which can be fatty. Any way wait for the expert opinions.

Lurker, I am 6'2 and I weigh about 210 lbs. I need to lose at least 10-12 lbs and get rid of the fat around my stomach. Diet: Breakfast- Usually a sandwich with a banana. Lunch- Decent sized plate of rice with dal/curry followed by a bowl of curd. Dinner- any vegetable with 2 rotis I am currently on vacation in India but when I am in the US studying, my eating habits are absolutely pathetic. I am generally on Pizza/junk food for most of the time. Could you suggest a diet? I generally avoid working out by I guess I have to get rid of my laziness and hit the gym :((
Lol..I have same exact stats as you do. But I eat way more than what you have written above. 2 rotis for dinner ? Try 6.

Lol..I have same exact stats as you do. But I eat way more than what you have written above. 2 rotis for dinner ? Try 6.
That doesn't include the chips/cookies/other crap I have between "actual" meals. :haha: 6 :woot: I wouldn't mind if there is some tasty butter chicken around :winky:

No CG,yoga helps to relieve muscle tension and general well being.In order to get shape one needs more work out and do it regularly.I won't/can't do that regularly,so i stick to Yoga which can be done at home too.Also jumb rope. If u have time,u can add Yoga a supplimentary exercise like say 20 minutes or so.If u don't hae time for that,u can atleast do Pranayaama for 5 minutes every day.And watch how ur eyes/skin glow.:--D
I think weight loss can be acheived through Yoga itself but it just requires alot more discipline in terms of diet as well, i find the combination of mixing 3 x 30-45 mins of cardio 45- mins of weights either free or machines and strength based yoga works for me - i pretty much eat a 80-20 healthy diet so 20% of my diet can be whatever junk i want it to be!

I've picked up annoying weight at University the past two years :\ lol, I guess we're not built for a diet of solely pizza's lol! Been working out at the gym since middle of May, have lost quite a bit of weight now, but my 'love handles' seem to be getting bigger (or maybe just appear bigger)...how the **** do you get rid of them!! lol Granted I still don't have the most healthy eating habits, and don't over workout lol. Also, I keep getting stretchmarks from weights...grr!!

Don't slate me..I just suggested the easiest way to lose some calories.:blink:
Sharma jee how can u improve one aspect of your health and spoil another?? sure! your suggestion is perfect for those who want to lose weight for vanity but it certainly will not improve your health only damage it further

I've picked up annoying weight at University the past two years : lol, I guess we're not built for a diet of solely pizza's lol! Been working out at the gym since middle of May, have lost quite a bit of weight now, but my 'love handles' seem to be getting bigger (or maybe just appear bigger)...how the **** do you get rid of them!! lol Granted I still don't have the most healthy eating habits, and don't over workout lol. Also, I keep getting stretchmarks from weights...grr!!
if you get a product call bio oil, use it on wet skin so as soon as you come out of the shower!! tried and tested results!!