Want to get in shape for summer? Join in...

Lurker

BUMP! Lurker, I wanted to get your advice on what to do this summer: Here are my stats for now: Height: 5 ' 9 3/4 Weight: 145 lb I want to bring down my body fat percentage. It's in the 12-15% range (last time i checked it was 14), while also gaining muscle. 1) Is this possible? 2) What diet would you perscribe? I am non vegetarian.
I had the same Goal when i started ... Normally people think that doing Cardio is the best thing to reduce weight , to be frank its a Myth. U read can good Article on Body building or weightlifting. The best way to gain Muscles its to go a good workout : 1: Eat Smaller, Frequently Spaced, Meals.: Eating often will boost the metabolism and stimulate fat loss as long as the meals are relatively low in fat, moderate in carbohydrates and high in protein. Protein has a positive affect on the metabolism while fat and carbohydrates can impede weight loss if they are eaten in larger amounts. Complex carbohydrates such as brown rice and kumara (sweet potato) are to be chosen in favour of those higher on the glycemic index (sugary foods and carrots for example). 2: Train With Low-Intensity Longer-Duration Aerobics 3-4 Times-Per-Week.Best in the morning. 3: Train With Weights: Weight training will build muscle and this will, in turn, indirectly contribute to fat loss. The body will use energy in the form of fat to maintain muscle mass, given the fact that muscle tissue is highly metabolically active. In theory, the greater the degree of muscle mass one has, the higher their metabolism will be and the easier it will be to lose fat. Better have more protein Intake and if you are serious then get supplements like Whey Protein , Creatine and Amino Acid.

I had the same Goal when i started ... Normally people think that doing Cardio is the best thing to reduce weight , to be frank its a Myth. U read can good Article on Body building or weightlifting. The best way to gain Muscles its to go a good workout : 1: Eat Smaller, Frequently Spaced, Meals.: Eating often will boost the metabolism and stimulate fat loss as long as the meals are relatively low in fat, moderate in carbohydrates and high in protein. Protein has a positive affect on the metabolism while fat and carbohydrates can impede weight loss if they are eaten in larger amounts. Complex carbohydrates such as brown rice and kumara (sweet potato) are to be chosen in favour of those higher on the glycemic index (sugary foods and carrots for example). 2: Train With Low-Intensity Longer-Duration Aerobics 3-4 Times-Per-Week.Best in the morning. 3: Train With Weights: Weight training will build muscle and this will, in turn, indirectly contribute to fat loss. The body will use energy in the form of fat to maintain muscle mass, given the fact that muscle tissue is highly metabolically active. In theory, the greater the degree of muscle mass one has, the higher their metabolism will be and the easier it will be to lose fat. Better have more protein Intake and if you are serious then get supplements like Whey Protein , Creatine and Amino Acid.
thanks MHR. Appreciate the knowledge. Right now I'm living at home and going through school...so it's hard to do the 5 meal a day since we eat together as a fam. I am lifting weights and it's had a good affect on my metabolism. I want to stay away from any supplements though, I'd rather get it through natural sources. Also, you should check up on how much protein you actually need...most people get their RDI of protein without addition of any supplements.

thanks MHR. Appreciate the knowledge. Right now I'm living at home and going through school...so it's hard to do the 5 meal a day since we eat together as a fam. I am lifting weights and it's had a good affect on my metabolism. I want to stay away from any supplements though, I'd rather get it through natural sources. Also, you should check up on how much protein you actually need...most people get their RDI of protein without addition of any supplements.
Good sources of protein, Chicken, Tuna, Eggs, all Pulses and daals etc Cottage Cheese (fat free) Eggs are rich in Omega 3's as well!! good luck mate!!

Good sources of protein, Chicken, Tuna, Eggs, all Pulses and daals etc Cottage Cheese (fat free) Eggs are rich in Omega 3's as well!! good luck mate!!
Eggs are good but take only the white portion ... it has more % of protein .. the yolk contains mostly fat (Cholesterol)

Eggs are good but take only the white portion ... it has more % of protein .. the yolk contains mostly fat (Cholesterol)
agreed! but according to my personal trainer its safe to eat up to 6 whole eggs a week then if you need more protein then u just use the whites the yolk is fattening but its good fats has lots of amino acids and omega 3's!! mind you eat too many eggs and you'll find ur a carbon footprint of your own!!

good stuff bro, next time I come to Waterloo I'll see a 2001 version of Shoaib Akhtar! the thing is i don't want to lose weight...145lb is already kind of light I think. Just bring down body fat percentage, while gaining muscle.
You are comign to Waterloo??? Nicee... Which program are you applying for... Get ready for some hell.. haha...

agreed! but according to my personal trainer its safe to eat up to 6 whole eggs a week then if you need more protein then u just use the whites the yolk is fattening but its good fats has lots of amino acids and omega 3's!! mind you eat too many eggs and you'll find ur a carbon footprint of your own!!
are there any bad consequences of eating too many eggs.. I am a veggie so I try to get most of my proteins through eggs.. I generally eat 4 eggs everyday(I throw out yolk of 2 and half eggs) so that means mean 20-24 eggs a week... I thought it was safe but now you have scared me

are there any bad consequences of eating too many eggs.. I am a veggie so I try to get most of my proteins through eggs.. I generally eat 4 eggs everyday(I throw out yolk of 2 and half eggs) so that means mean 20-24 eggs a week... I thought it was safe but now you have scared me
its 100 % ok if ur doing proper workout... i take 5-6eggs a day and 4 eggs on non training days . Btw I only take egg whites. An egg is one of the most complete and versatile foods available. It has a valuable role in providing a healthy diet for all and especially bodybuilders. We all know the importance of protein in the muscle building process, without protein, your muscles will simply not grow. Eggs contain about 6 grams of high quality protein, so high that it is used as the standard by which other foods are measured. Eggs are also a rich source of vitamins, including A, E and K and a range of B vitamins such as B12 (energy), riboflavin and folic acid. Eggs also contain all eight essential amino acids needed for optimal muscle recovery

its 100 % ok if ur doing proper workout... i take 5-6eggs a day and 4 eggs on non training days . Btw I only take egg whites. An egg is one of the most complete and versatile foods available. It has a valuable role in providing a healthy diet for all and especially bodybuilders. We all know the importance of protein in the muscle building process, without protein, your muscles will simply not grow. Eggs contain about 6 grams of high quality protein, so high that it is used as the standard by which other foods are measured. Eggs are also a rich source of vitamins, including A, E and K and a range of B vitamins such as B12 (energy), riboflavin and folic acid. Eggs also contain all eight essential amino acids needed for optimal muscle recovery
yes i totally agree with this!! i used to be in alot of pain on my non training days cuz of the lactic acid build up! but since my trainer told me to up my protein for better recovery, i'm in less pain and the next time i work out the same sequence feels so much easier!! the only side affect of eating too many eggs is the wind!! :blush: hence the reason Mr CG often calls me the carbon foot print! :giggles: the price we pay to stay healthy!!

yes i totally agree with this!! i used to be in alot of pain on my non training days cuz of the lactic acid build up! but since my trainer told me to up my protein for better recovery' date=' i'm in less pain and the next time i work out the same sequence feels so much easier!! the [b']only side affect of eating too many eggs is the wind!! :blush: hence the reason Mr CG often calls me the carbon foot print! :giggles: the price we pay to stay healthy!!
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: :puke:

yes i totally agree with this!! i used to be in alot of pain on my non training days cuz of the lactic acid build up! but since my trainer told me to up my protein for better recovery' date=' i'm in less pain and the next time i work out the same sequence feels so much easier!! the only side affect of eating too many eggs is the wind!! :blush: hence the reason Mr CG often calls me the carbon foot print! :giggles: the price we pay to stay healthy!![/quote'] You HAD to mention that ? I mean if a guy says/does it its fine, but when a woman does its just a turn off man....fecking KLPD's :headshake:

You HAD to mention that ? I mean if a guy says/does it its fine' date=' but when a woman does its just a turn off man....fecking KLPD's :headshake:[/quote'] boobie jeee i only need to worry about turning on and impressing Mr CG i dont really care what what anyone else thinks!! so carbon foot print it is!

boobie jeee i only need to worry about turning on and impressing Mr CG i dont really care what what anyone else thinks!! so carbon foot print it is!
:hysterical::hysterical: So Mr. CG gets impressed and turned on by farts...:(( How does your conversation go with him: You: You think it is air you are breathing now ? Him: Oh yeah. You: Is that eggs in your pocket or are you happy to see me ? :fear:

boobie jeee i only need to worry about turning on and impressing Mr CG i dont really care what what anyone else thinks!! so carbon foot print it is!
No comments :sniffle: Poor Mr. CG

BUMP! Lurker, I wanted to get your advice on what to do this summer: Here are my stats for now: Height: 5 ' 9 3/4 Weight: 145 lb I want to bring down my body fat percentage. It's in the 12-15% range (last time i checked it was 14), while also gaining muscle. 1) Is this possible? 2) What diet would you perscribe? I am non vegetarian.
1) Possible but extremely difficult. Losing fat is more about diet, or restriction around it, while gaining muscle is facilitated by intaking more calories. Can you do the same together? Yes but only if you know your body, have a good steady routine(diet and exercise wise) and are very self-disicplined that way. By the way if you can get around 12% fat you should be good. My personal experience is I am in best shape around 10%. Any less and I start seeing great ab lines but my legs become very weak. To lift heavy on legs you have to have strong hip mucles as well as stomach muscles too. Once you start seeing six packs your tummy muscles are not that strong. I would say if you are between 10-12% dont worry much about weights. Diet wise cut down on salt and meat for a month. Salt will make you retain water while meat almost always makes it harder to digest. If you skip salt and meat and go heavy on fibres you will see simply that will lose your fat, and waist lines. also if you are working regularly and using supplements, protein powders etc, it is a good idea to just have a month off everything. Go heavy on veggies and cleanse your system. There are also some good cleansing system, basically they clean your bowels, that can get you slimmer without any lifestyle changes. xxx

Good going Shehezaada...Just keep doing Cardios... best thing to loose weight I feel like I am in my best shape now..Stronger than ever.... Been going regular to gym 5 days a week for almost 2 years....lol, I remember how I used to Biscep curls with 20 pounds each hand when I started working out and now I can do 50 pounds biscep curls each hand easily... Can bench press 210 pounds now..and I started benchpressing at 60 pounds 2 years earlier
Good on you. 50 pound dumbbell curls are too much. That is if you are doing it with good forms, elbows buried in your armpits, no swinging etc. If you can curl 8 reps for 3 sets for anything more than 35 pounds you have my respect. Make sure you are doing it in right form or else curls and bench press are biggest shoulder killers.