Konkona Sen fan club

Don

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Konkona Sen fan club

Thanks for the chuckle..I felt like giving details of that war lmao but it seems it might go off hand rest of the stuff is ur useless tirade..
I would like to know your sources for the war, since the ONLY surviving bengali writing that pertains to the Sen dynasty mentions Laxman Sen fighting Khilji twice inside a week and Orya texts mentions that as well. In short, i just happen to know all the details about Sens & Pals that mankind happens to know as of now..which is not much but whatever detail you got better be from the only three recognized sources ( recognized bec. they are the only sources from THAT era and not revisionist writings hundreds of years later) the world has on the Sen dynasty. Given that you think its a 'joke' that Laxman Sen fought Khilji, i can emphatically claim that you are speaking out of your rump again. Oh and another thing- if you are gonna use the lame excuse of 'well bihar wasnt even a kingdom then, split between bengal and avadh', then understand this much : the Sens were actually from Karnataka...it is explicitly mentioned in the annals of the Sena dynasty that they originated from the Karnatak area, specifically from Mysore and they identified themselves as Brahmakshatriyas(those that were brahmins first and became Kshatriya later). So if you are gonna use that line of ill-logic you called reason, me thinks the blame should be on Kannadigas, no ? PS: Little something for your ignorance to be cleared : Bhaktiyar Khilji first showed up in Bengal when Laxman Sen was over 80 years old and very weak in health. On his way, he precipitated the biggest catastrophe the eastern region has ever known by carte blanche destroying several universities housing thousands of students. In the chaos and confusion, Bhaktiyar rode ahead of his army with 200 of his elite horsemen and arrived right at the doorstep of Laxman sen...who had no choice but to flee. However, the old and infirm ruler organized his troops in the wildernesses of south-east bengal- the area that is modern day khulna/noakhali. He then sent the troops with his eldest son, BallalSen, to meet up with the Tibetans near Devkot..where Bhatiyar Khilji was crushed by a combined Bengali-Tibetan force...persued across the river and finally his men whittled down to less than 10,000 when another Khilji, Ali Mardan Khilji ( dunno if any relations with Bhaktiyar) stabbed Bhaktiyar and left his dead body to show the persuing army that the main protagonist is dead. Instead of going back to Qutb-ud-din-Aibak in Delhi, Ali Mardan turned south towards Bengal again with vengeance and hooked up with Hussamuddin Iwaz Khalji & Shiran Khalji, governors of Lakhnur and Tanda(both in Bengal, installed less than a year earlier by Bhaktiyar and attacked Laxman Sen's new power base in what is today modern day Jessore, Bangladesh. (Sorry, wasn't defence of Gaur, it was Jessore) The Sens were heavily defeated but his sons managed to escape the battle and continued to rule for another 40 years before finally being crushed. During this time, the Sens fought off invasion forces from Ghiyasuddin Balban ( 1211-1225, exact date unknown), mallika Shaifuiddina ( 1231-33), Ijuddin Balban ( 1258). All the while, the Sen dynasty (while now holding on to only the lower & eastern 2/3rds of Bengal) had to contend with the power of the Deva Clan ( Purushottam Deva) who claimed all territorry east of meghna (modern day sylhet,chittagong). The continuous power struggle for Bengal between the Sens, turks and the Deva clan was finally ended in 1259 when Shah Jalala ( full 50 years after Bhaktiyar Khilji,FYI) crushed the forces of Keshavadeva, who'd just finally ended the Sen dominance of Bengal a year before. If that is surrendering without a fight, i think you got you need the help of english dictionary. Hope this history lesson was informative to you but knowing you, you are gonna come up with some **** author and some obscure weird fundoo story, probably story of bengalis written by whatever bengali-haters you associate with and pander that off as the truth. FYI, the above account is the ONE AND ONLY viewpoint held on the fall of Bengal in history circles...The sources are contemporary surviving Bengali,Orya and Turkish writings written by Qutb-ud-din-Aibak's OWN historians. Any questions ?
Sharm aa jayegi tumhen betadetails sun ke is liye rahne do.. Aur kuchh aisee chijen hamen type karni paregi jo ham chahte nahin hai karna...

Guest dada_rocks

It was Laxman Sen who fought the Khaljis- not once but TWICE in the same week' date=' right at the doorstep of his capital, Gaur. Khilji met no resistance between Mirzapur (eastern UP) to Nadia ( west bengal). So if you really want to get racist and call an entire race of people as cowards and cissys, look no further than biharis from the era you love to focus on. The Rajputs, Punjab,Gujrat,the bengalis, the south, etc. all of them fought...but where was Magadh throughout this invasion period ? [/quote'] Errrmmm In one of the past discussions you claimed that Hindus in North India never took up arms against the invaders .... as it was not prescribed in our religious texts or was not in our "Culture" to pick up arms .... kya hua U-Turn maar diya suddenly .... :hic:
CC and sommersault is synonymus I guess.. in other thread his heart is bledding for a hardcore criminal's death and couple of days back same guy was defending police atrocity against normal pesants and rss workers because that state was communazi ruled.. sharmo haya to inhen chhu nahin gai hai

Re: Konkona Sen fan club The last time Bihar was a independent entity before Independence from the Brits was in the Jurassic... I mean, Gupta period. Is it any surprise that Harry's flood the streets of Kolkata and Delhi with their paan spit and urine?

Guest dada_rocks

it doesn't change the fact about bengal though :lmao:
exactly... I mean, the REAL FACTS! Thank God for small mercies!
facts have no spin u don't have to waste the word real there, lest u don't llike them and intend to do some spin-doctoring.. :wtg:

it doesn't change the fact about bengal though :lmao:
exactly... I mean, the REAL FACTS! Thank God for small mercies!
facts have no spin u don't have to waste the word real there, lest u don't llike them and intend to do some spin-doctoring.. :wtg:
facts are how you see them... just as subjective as your measly existence...

Sharm aa jayegi tumhen betadetails sun ke is liye rahne do
Kya 'facts' banaaoge mian ? Like i said, sharm-waram ki baat choro...put your money where the mouth is. Lets see this 'story' and lets see the source. No, don't quote me some Tom,Dick,Harry wishy-washy person with questionable motives as your source. Provide the historicity of your source. As i said to you - i happen to know ALL that is to know about the Sen dynasty by CURRENT knowledge of mankind about the Sens. I've provided practially 90% of what is known about the Sens today in that exerpt. Will provide sources too if you want. Now lets see some stuff from you. Because right now, at this point, you are nothing more than a racist bigot not just to me but several forum members here. In short, you got nothing to counter the facts i presented. Nothing- nada, zilch, zero, zip. So mister, before you start to denigrate a group of people, it will be better for you if you actually educated yourself in matters of history. And anytime you want to pit your knowledge of Indian history with mine- feel free. Only one constraint i will ask for : since you tried to lecture me about peer review process, lets have the rule that every factual assessment of the history must be supplied with citations. If you can respect my scholastic standard, feel free to give it a shot, mister.

facts have no spin u don't have to waste the word real there, lest u don't llike them and intend to do some spin-doctoring..
I doubt you are much of a success in real life if you think that so-called facts pertaining to real world interpersonal history (eg human history) is just as innanimate as facts in your physics labs. unfortunately, it isnt so. Which is why you need wisdom (something you are in short-supply of we all can see in this thread) to decipher the 'facts'.

The last time Bihar was a independent entity before Independence from the Brits was in the Jurassic... I mean' date=' Gupta period. Is it any surprise that Harry's flood the streets of Kolkata and Delhi with their paan spit and urine?[/quote'] Feverpitch, did you notice, we weren't exactly thrilled with Dada Rocks' disparaging comments on Bengalis? You may have been retaliating, but your comments are in very poor taste. There are several Biharis on this forum, and you should have exercised more self restraint.

Re: Konkona Sen fan club Vow, we must be really bored to have a civil war? Don't mind me bragging, living in a cosmo like Mumbai, we never developed the choice or nerve to criticize fellow Indians ( from Chennai to Kolkata or Kashmir to Kanyakumari ) Thank god for that, take it easy folks. We have problems elsewhere too

FB is around here - I pray this forum stays well becos FB has this nasty habit of breaking up forums! :eew:
W.nch, now is the time for you to hyperventilate. Go on... do it here... you'll get more customers!

The last time Bihar was a independent entity before Independence from the Brits was in the Jurassic... I mean, Gupta period. Is it any surprise that Harry's flood the streets of Kolkata and Delhi with their paan spit and urine?
Feverpitch, did you notice, we weren't exactly thrilled with Dada Rocks' disparaging comments on Bengalis? You may have been retaliating, but your comments are in very poor taste. There are several Biharis on this forum, and you should have exercised more self restraint.
So far I thought he was getting away with murder. Anyway, if you insist, I'll try restraining myself, but our rock star needs to control his gutter mouth for sure.

FB is around here - I pray this forum stays well becos FB has this nasty habit of breaking up forums! :eew:
W.nch, now is the time for you to hyperventilate. Go on... do it here... you'll get more customers!
*ignored*

Errrmmm In one of the past discussions you claimed that Hindus in North India never took up arms against the invaders .... as it was not prescribed in our religious texts or was not in our "Culture" to pick up arms .... kya hua U-Turn maar diya suddenly ...
Hindus never took up arm in a religious war. There is distinction between religious warfare and warfare of the state. The latter is done in every part, in every culture throughout history, the former is te domain of Abrahamic faiths alone. Just like how Ashoka fighting Kalinga or Harsha fighting Pulakesin, the Rajputs fighting muslims and bengalis, etc. fighting muslim were in the context of warfare of/for state, not religion. In short, it was not a 'hindu' war- but a 'bengali/rajput/magadhi/etc' wars.

Vow, we must be really bored to have a civil war? Don't mind me bragging, living in a cosmo like Mumbai, we never developed the choice or nerve to criticize fellow Indians ( from Chennai to Kolkata or Kashmir to Kanyakumari ) Thank god for that, take it easy folks. We have problems elsewhere too
dude, seriously! i was shocked.. when i saw this happen.. there were a few incidents in uni..where i saw this happen.. i was :doh: :wall:

there were a few incidents in uni..where i saw this happen.. i was :doh: :wall:
In my University days the fight used to be for girls or when the mess(hostel canteen) prepared something great and boys would fall over each other to make sure they didnt miss out! If you have studied in India and not stayed in Hostel you may have missed something. Far away from parents...have fun with friends non-stop...stay up late and go scavenging for soota at 2 am...tease girls in the evenings...and sing songs by the windows of the girls hostels...get up early on Sunday as the lunch used to be super special...called feast by the staff.. Okay now so where were we? xxx