Champions League 2010

King Tendulkar

For all Barcelona's talent, they manage to undo so much of it by their bullying of referee's. From first minute to the last, they surround the referee in numbers regardless of whether a decision has gone for them or against them. Complete intimidation and sickening that these guys will now go on and win it.

For all Barcelona's talent' date=' they manage to undo so much of it by their bullying of referee's. From first minute to the last, they surround the referee in numbers regardless of whether a decision has gone for them or against them. Complete intimidation and sickening that these guys will now go on and win it.[/quote'] :hysterical::hysterical: Barca had a clear stone wall penalty in 1st half. No mention of this in wengers lunatic asessment of the game. Also barca pen in 2nd half was clear yellow card offence which would have seen the inept gooner centre back off. Again no mention of this from one eyed mullah brigade! Barca had the worse of the crunch ref decisions yet still won at a canter. Arenal were pathetic. Not one shot on or off target and yet gooners trying to potray some kind of hard luck story:hysterical: You were awful and are out, deal with it. Meanwhile at the Lane , spurs storm on!:yay:

I think the FIFA coefiicient takes into account performances of the last few years and on that basis you could say that United have been consistent and are therefore at the top of these ranking BUT if you see the current state of thing then Barca are much better than any and every side in club football - and that is a FACT.
I agree, Barca are looking better than the Best. But Its the Trophy that counts, Not what we think. Before Man United won the European Cup in 2008, they were not considered the Best Then.

Good Post' date=' whats your Take on United? Top of the table but nowhere near our Best. Where do we lack acc. to you?[/quote'] Well, having Rio and/or Vidic for as many games as possible over the next few months is vital. Where they really lack is creative midfield- as everyone keeps pointing out- thats why I said Van Der Vaart is the man Utd should have got. I was disappointed when he moved to Spurs simply because I think he is too good for them. Coming from Real after all, he should be in a team challenging for titles. SAFs judgement should kinda be called into question with regards to signings. Case in point- Bebe. WTF?? In that respect Arsene is streets ahead- his eye for cheap young talent is unparalelled. I do think Hernandez should play a bit more? Berba - Hernandez should be the first choice strike duo. Rooney and Berba dont work so well together and Rooney is not firing anyway

Well, having Rio and/or Vidic for as many games as possible over the next few months is vital. Where they really lack is creative midfield- as everyone keeps pointing out- thats why I said Van Der Vaart is the man Utd should have got. I was disappointed when he moved to Spurs simply because I think he is too good for them. Coming from Real after all, he should be in a team challenging for titles. SAFs judgement should kinda be called into question with regards to signings. Case in point- Bebe. WTF?? In that respect Arsene is streets ahead- his eye for cheap young talent is unparalelled. I do think Hernandez should play a bit more? Berba - Hernandez should be the first choice strike duo. Rooney and Berba dont work so well together and Rooney is not firing anyway
While his judgement regarding Bebe is questionable, the other two signings - Chicharito and Smalling have been excellent so far and have more than justified their signing. While I agree on the part that Rooney is not firing but he's slowly coming back into form and we've seen glimpses of the old destructive Rooney in the last few weeks. I think that Rooney and Berba, when they both are in good form, are the best partnership in the league currently. Chicharito is very good but he's a bit like Owen - many a times he does'nt do a thing in the entire match and ends up scoring the winning goal!!

Well, having Rio and/or Vidic for as many games as possible over the next few months is vital. Where they really lack is creative midfield- as everyone keeps pointing out- thats why I said Van Der Vaart is the man Utd should have got. I was disappointed when he moved to Spurs simply because I think he is too good for them. Coming from Real after all, he should be in a team challenging for titles. SAFs judgement should kinda be called into question with regards to signings. Case in point- Bebe. WTF?? In that respect Arsene is streets ahead- his eye for cheap young talent is unparalelled. I do think Hernandez should play a bit more? Berba - Hernandez should be the first choice strike duo. Rooney and Berba dont work so well together and Rooney is not firing anyway
Van de vaart is good but a bit over rated to be honest. Very good signing but would not pay £20 million for him, would rather have suarez!

Van de vaart is good but a bit over rated to be honest. Very good signing but would not pay £20 million for him' date=' would rather have suarez![/quote'] why are you comparing apples and oranges ? VDW and Suarez are two completely different players.

Both play in same position at moment. As second striker.
Only because our midfield is overcrowded as remarkably everyone seem to have gotten off the medic's table at the same time. That plus our useless strikers. VDV is being forced into play in a fairly unnatural position - he is best in the middle. We really should've flogged off our misc. strikers in Jan and bought atleast one reliable striker!

Defoe is quality! A fit defoe is one of the top strikers in the league. The other two less so, though Crouch is useful for the different option that he provides. I thought spurs should have made a serious bid for Huntelaar when he was up for sale in the summer, good finisher.

Really? Carrol over Defoe? Im not sure man, actually I think Defoe would get into most top teams... Carrol has not really proved himself in this division, though he does look a good player. Suarez of course is quality, he was a goal scoring machine in the Dutch league. He does play off the striker as you say though, around where Modric/VDV operate and not an out and out striker like Pal or Defoe. I was dissapointed when he moved to Pool was hoping hed go to a big European team

Carrol is a quality prospect for the future so it would'nt have been a bad idea for Spurs to go for him - but now he's gone :D As for Defoe, Crouch and Pav, I think Pav is useless and should be sold. Crouch provides a few moments of genius after every few games but otherwise he's a liability.

:hysterical::hysterical: Barca had a clear stone wall penalty in 1st half. No mention of this in wengers lunatic asessment of the game. Also barca pen in 2nd half was clear yellow card offence which would have seen the inept gooner centre back off. Again no mention of this from one eyed mullah brigade! Barca had the worse of the crunch ref decisions yet still won at a canter. Arenal were pathetic. Not one shot on or off target and yet gooners trying to potray some kind of hard luck story:hysterical: You were awful and are out, deal with it. Meanwhile at the Lane , spurs storm on!:yay:
Couldnt agree with you more, i am a die hard Barcelona fan, so you can imagine how happy i was with the way you played. but when the fog lifted from this tie i was dumbfounded at the selective memories of the arsenal fans and there reactions in general. You summed it up quite nicely (as higlighted above)- 1. a legal goal by messi in the first leg, incorreclt ruled out for offside, 2. a clear penalty in the 2nd leg, this far outweighs the poxy sending of of rvp. even with him on the pitch you managed an astronomical 0 shots on goal. defeat is hard to swallow specially in high profile match like this. but barca are the best football playing team on the planet, in xavi and don andreas (iniesta) we have the best midfielders and in messi, what more can i say about this genious that has not been said already. so you see gunners fan it was not so bad. you got outgunned outclassed by the best. This match was over as soon as soon as it was announced. as one fan summed it up quite nicely, the only shot arsenal had in that game got them a red card