Commonwealth Games may be called off : NZ official

seedhi

No doubt that they've cleaned up, I'll concede on that. I'm still of the opinion they've been told to pipe down and not make any more fuss. Heck, the England touring party said they're were expecting 5*, but given everything that happened, they'll settle for a 3*.
What games village has ever been 5*. 3* is totally fine and better then most other villages! Told to Pipe down and not make any fuss!!!! WTF!!! Didnt seem shy a few days ago to make fuss!!! At least pakis make up conspiracy theories to defend their country, while so called indians like you want to make up conspiracy theories to defame India!

No one is saying that. Things have moved on and things have greatly improved. Even the media is now saying things are pretty much ok. So why are you guys carrying on with things are currently a mess mantra. Up date yourself. Things can change and clear things have changed and by and large things are now(not before) ok
Show me a post where I am still carrying on with that mantra.

What gilded cage? Are you saying athletes are not allowed to go out and explore Delhi? Please show evidence of this apart from foreign advices not to wear team colours when going out! Trapped and have resticted or no freedom! WTF are you going about! You have totally lost it here!
Use the correct language here. You use 'not allowed' to imply that they're chained to their rooms almost ... I merely stated that they have been told, requested to stay within the security zone and not go out. By no means, is that an exaggeration ---- top athletes, high profile targets for terrorist groups wanting to make a political statement. Heck, if I was from Aus/NZ/England, I'd not step out of safety bubble. Delhi may be a nice place, culturally very diverse etc etc but thats not the point.

Use the correct language here. You use 'not allowed' to imply that they're chained to their rooms almost ... I merely stated that they have been told, requested to stay within the security zone and not go out. By no means, is that an exaggeration ---- top athletes, high profile targets for terrorist groups wanting to make a political statement. Heck, if I was from Aus/NZ/England, I'd not step out of safety bubble. Delhi may be a nice place, culturally very diverse etc etc but thats not the point.
Clearly never been to India. No idea what you are going about. No one has even been advised not to explore delhi. Yet Sree India has declared if he was in India himself he would not explore Delhi as he would feel unsafe!:hysterical:

Clearly never been to India. No idea what you are going about. No one has even been advised not to explore delhi. Yet Sree India has declared if he was in India himself he would not explore Delhi as he would feel unsafe
Of course, if I am high profile athlete from a country who is neck deep in wars in Iraq, Afghanistan.

Of course' date=' if I am high profile athlete from a country who is neck deep in wars in Iraq, Afghanistan.[/quote'] What has happened to those people from those countries when travelling around Delhi in last 10 years? London Olympics would you say fine to travel around or is it just India that you give this wonderful insight of yours. Basically you are saying India is not a safe for foreigners to go to.

Dude you are making it sound like being in the Green zone in Baghdad, that is simply not the case. Well a few female white athletes could get raped in delhi but apart from that its quite safe, I assure you. Hell which country doesn't that happen in?

:facepalm:
India suddenly really dangerous and Delhi really dangerous to travel around. I guarntee athletes will explore Delhi on mass and will have wonderful experiennces. In fact well documented plans many athletes have to see delhi and adventures they have planned. While they enjoy having a trip of a life time to magical India. You if in same position would be barracded in your room scouring for latest reports of potential threats.

Dude you are making it sound like being in the Green zone in Baghdad, that is simply not the case. Well a few female white athletes could get raped in delhi but apart from that its quite safe, I assure you. Hell which country doesn't that happen in?
True thats the only threat I can see:cantstop: And even if they dont actually rape, they will literally rape you with their eyes and stares:hysterical: But yeah sree india seems to think Commonwealth games are being held in Kabul!

The Village is 'acceptable' now because people have to live with it and not have high expectations. They just want to get on with it and finish the games and not complain any more. No more complains doesn't means every thing is 'Hunky-Dory'. Let's not just focus on the Game Village only. Lot's of complaining by guests mobilised the pathetic departments to somehow get their acts together and that should'nt be touted as some sort of 'achievement'. There are far more serious security concerns out there. The players have to continuously move between the sports arenas and the Games Village (that too in a reasonable time). You don't want them to spend hours in the bus awaiting to go to the games venues and coming back to the "village" and on the way you see all sorts of vehicles in a traffic jam stuck near the bus. Stupid people driving and jamming the Athelets bus lane. Very easy for Terrorists to move a bomb laden vehicle near the bus and blast it. I hope nothing of that sort happens and hope that the gemes be over ASAP with out any major incident. Those having orgasms about the 'improved conditions' should look at the Delhi traffic in the run up to the event and during the event. Being stuck up in the traffic is a huge security concern for the Athelets..

Thats not the context I was referring to at all. If you're an athlete from a nation who is involved in wars in Iraq, Afghanistan etc, you'd be a high profile threat for some extremist group wanting to make a political statement. Can you really blame the foreign governments for telling their athletes to stay within the village, not venture out unless needed to (travel to and fro from village to venues etc) I'll concede that with 50, 000 odd troops, aerial surveillance, CCTV surveillance etc, athletes will feel quite safe in the village and in the venues but venturing out ... , not so sure. Again, no malice intended against Delhi but its just the ground reality.

Thats not the context I was referring to at all. If you're an athlete from a nation who is involved in wars in Iraq, Afghanistan etc, you'd be a high profile threat for some extremist group wanting to make a political statement. Can you really blame the foreign governments for telling their athletes to stay within the village, not venture out unless needed to (travel to and fro from village to venues etc) I'll concede that with 50, 000 odd troops, aerial surveillance, CCTV surveillance etc, athletes will feel quite safe in the village and in the venues but venturing out ... , not so sure. Again, no malice intended against Delhi but its just the ground reality.
No its not. :winky:

The Village is 'acceptable' now because people have to live with it and not have high expectations. They just want to get on with it and finish the games and not complain any more. No more complains doesn't means every thing is 'Hunky-Dory'. Let's not just focus on the Game Village only. Lot's of complaining by guests mobilised the pathetic departments to somehow get their acts together and that should'nt be touted ans some sort of 'achievement'. There are far more serious security concerns out there. The players have to continuously move between the sports arenas and the Games Village (that too in a reasonable time). You don't want them to spen hours in the bus awaiting to go to the games venues and coming back to the "village" and on the way you see all sorts of vehicles in a traffic jam stuck near the bus. Stupid people driving and jamming the Atheletes bus lane. Very easy for Terrorists to move a bomb laden vehicle near the bus and blast it. I hope nothing of that sort happens and hope that the gemes be over ASAP with out any major incident. Those having orgasms about the 'improved conditions' should look at the Delhi traffic in the run up to the event and during the event. Being stuck up in the traffic is a huge security concent for the Atheletes..
Thank you, exactly what I was trying to say.

All in all, the athletes may be 'comfortable' for the duration of the games but they have no real freedom to move about, explore Delhi etc. Heck, the foreign department of Aus/NZ have asked their supporters not to draw attention to themselves (out of fear of threats of kidnapping, extortion) by wearing the characteristic green and gold colors.
what utter bullshit :cantstop:

Again, no malice intended against Delhi but its just the ground reality.
I see what you are saying, but you are making it sound completely wrong. Its not a problem only with Delhi, it is a problem even in the athlete's own backyard. For all you know the terrorist organisations that could kidnap an athlete could do so in Hobart, Hamilton or Hawaii too. I agree with KT, Delhi is no more dangerous than any other city in the world.