Commonwealth Games may be called off : NZ official

seedhi

No it isnt. Stop spouting nonsense and then trying to proclaim it like some fact. When have you been to delhi and where? How did you come to this ground reality fact of yours?
LOL, a lot of bravado coming from someone who sits in London and avoids telling us his name over fear of being 'snuffed' out by Islamic extremists. :laugh:

The Village is 'acceptable' now because people have to live with it and not have high expectations. They just want to get on with it and finish the games and not complain any more. No more complains doesn't means every thing is 'Hunky-Dory'. Let's not just focus on the Game Village only. Lot's of complaining by guests mobilised the pathetic departments to somehow get their acts together and that should'nt be touted as some sort of 'achievement'. There are far more serious security concerns out there. The players have to continuously move between the sports arenas and the Games Village (that too in a reasonable time). You don't want them to spend hours in the bus awaiting to go to the games venues and coming back to the "village" and on the way you see all sorts of vehicles in a traffic jam stuck near the bus. Stupid people driving and jamming the Athelets bus lane. Very easy for Terrorists to move a bomb laden vehicle near the bus and blast it. I hope nothing of that sort happens and hope that the gemes be over ASAP with out any major incident. Those having orgasms about the 'improved conditions' should look at the Delhi traffic in the run up to the event and during the event. Being stuck up in the traffic is a huge security concern for the Athelets..
Oh I missed this fantastic post, that is like total bollocks dude. How many minutes did you spend typing that ****?

Had no doubt that somehow we wil manage a successful Games. The money that we have spent is astronomical. Knowing indian culture and business deals, surely lot of companies were paid double than what should have been actual cost. They got deals in return they paid handsomly to the babus. If our PM is serious, he needs to investigate all the transacation. Normally there is Tender system, so they can track what companies sent their tenders etc and how it all worked out. I am sure they will find lot of corruption. But for that MMS should be serious. Kalmadi has to go, no way he should continue.

Sree_India, the foriegn athletes can move around in Delhi but ofcourse the foriegn office of participating nations must have issued an advisory because of the recent incident of shooting at tourists near Jama Masjid, and the looming Babri Masjid verdict. The Delhi police has not given any details of their 'investigation' about the Jama Masjid incident means that they are in all probablity, cluless and are hoping nothing of that sort of incident happen during the games. The 2 assailants have vanished and might re-appear. It is in that knowledged, various coutruies might have issued advisory which is okay, given that the Delhi police is appearing clueless to track down those assailants.

Sree_India' date=' t[b']he foriegn athletes can move around in Delhi but ofcourse the foriegn office of participating nations must have issued an advisory because of the recent incident of shooting at tourists near Jama Masjid, and the looming Babri Masjid verdict. The Delhi police has not given any details of their 'investigation' about the Jama Masjid incident means that they are in all probablity, cluless and are hoping nothing of that sort of incident happen during the games. The 2 assailants have vanished and might re-appear. It is in that knowledged, various coutruies might have issued advisory which is okay, given that the Delhi police is appearing clueless to track down those assailants.
This is what I was alluding to, apologize if it came worse than it sounded. No one is physically stopping the athletes from going around Delhi, they're just told to avoid certain places for their own safety.

Why' date=' haven't you seen the the traffic jam on the CWG Bus route?[/quote'] Dude, let me reiterate, this is not Baghdad that explosive laden trucks get rammed into buses and you have to rush through the green zone in armour plated vehicles. Regarding the traffic, do you think they are going to have a seperate lane in London next year saying "Olympics bus, ahoy!!" ?

I see what you are saying' date=' but you are making it sound completely wrong. Its not a problem only with Delhi, it is a problem even in the athlete's own backyard. For all you know the terrorist organisations that could kidnap an athlete could do so in Hobart, Hamilton or Hawaii too. I agree with KT, Delhi is no more dangerous than any other city in the world.[/quote'] Agree. Point noted.

What dedicated routes? I have not heard of plans for dedicated routes. The roads would not cope. But to be fair village in London will be very near sites, just like they are in Delhi
Just wait and watch regarding the London Olympics traffic arrangements. I was talking about the "dedicated CWG Bus lane" in Delhi. I've seen Athletes bus stuck in a jam in many places because the traffic police failed to prevent private vehicles coming on and blocking the 'Blue zone', which is the dedicated lane for the CWG traffic. It's one thing to not have any dedicated lane and another to boast about having one and then have the athletes stuck in a jam. This gives an impression that they have a dedicated lane but don't have the capability to keep it clear.

To all those who are concerned about the athlete's safety- They are perfectly safe. They can roam about Delhi with absolute impunity and there will be minimal risks. Being Indians, we all know how hospitable we are and we would always like to make sure that someone visiting our country has a smile on his face and has good things to say about us and our country. Athletes will be invited to commoners homes and almost adopted by families. The security is absolutely phenomenal and be rest assured, the infra is outstanding. This is gonna be a spectacle. Despite the bad press and motivated reporting, this Games is India's big "We have Arrived" party. :isalute:

To all those who are concerned about the athlete's safety- They are perfectly safe. They can roam about Delhi with absolute impunity and there will be minimal risks. Being Indians, we all know how hospitable we are and we would always like to make sure that someone visiting our country has a smile on his face and has good things to say about us and our country. Athletes will be invited to commoners homes and almost adopted by families. The security is absolutely phenomenal and be rest assured, the infra is outstanding. This is gonna be a spectacle. Despite the bad press and motivated reporting, this Games is India's big "We have Arrived" party. :isalute:
We did mess it up at the beggining though:cantstop: However, I truly beielve that things are now back on track and we will host a great games with athletes going away saying that they loved it. I really believe this

Just wait and watch regarding the London Olympics traffic arrangements. I was talking about the "dedicated CWG Bus lane" in Delhi. I've seen Athletes bus stuck in a jam in many places because the traffic police failed to prevent private vehicles coming on and blocking the 'Blue zone', which is the dedicated lane for the CWG traffic. It's one thing to not have any dedicated lane and another to boast about having one and then have the athletes stuck in a jam. This gives an impression that they have a dedicated lane but don't have the capability to keep it clear.
Guruji, where did you read about traffic on the lanes dedicated to CWG? In fact the removal of 1600 blue lines has meant traffic hs been more organised in Delhi since yesterday. The journey which used to take an hour earlier is getting over in 40 minutes due to no bluelines and presence of more traffic policemen on the rod even during day time. Don't blindly believe the crap you are reading in newspapers or one shot which our desi news chnnels keep shwoing 24*& with different music and commentary. The games village has had its share of problems and every effort is being made to overcome those issues. From now on if the media stopped highlighting one or two minor issues and focussed on the games themselves, suddenly it will look like a wonderfuly organised games. BTW 1500+ athletes re alredy in the games village, some 500+ more will be moving in today. They all had only good things to say about the facilities so far. Lets hope the goof ups re behind us and we will hve only good news from here on.