Commonwealth Games may be called off : NZ official

seedhi

Nothing, but the damage is still there just hours before the event is about to start ? This is not some media hyping it up disproportionately --- and
Its under repair ... nothing has been postponed , there are no cancellations and its not meant to be used for training anyway ... Its just BS

Here, its not the Kiwi finding something to complain about, other outlets are reporting it too ---- http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/commonwealth_games/delhi_2010/9063800.stm http://www.morethanthegames.co.uk/athletics/0512685-commonwealth-games-frantic-repairs-athletics-track-after-ceremony-damage They even tried to postpone it:

The BBC is reporting that athletics officials had asked for a 24 hour delay to the start of the programme, but that was rejected.
---- http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/sport/58683/issues-with-delhi-main-stadium-ahead-of-athletics-programme ---

Why does it even have to come down to that in the first place ?
cuz it got damaged :wall: BTW read this and tell me what do you think
As the host nation at the previous Games in 2006 in Melbourne, Australia was the first nation of 71 to enter the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium on Sunday night but, as Moneghetti quipped, this was one time when being first wasn't the place to be. "It was one hour in absolute cauldron conditions, absolute," Moneghetti said. "In fact, it was so bad, they held us at a point that was very, very hot, it was unbearably hot, so we pushed forward. We pushed and we pushed about 50m, which was even hotter. "So then they brought event staff to us, who said we cannot move. And we revolted, rioted, and moved another 50m forward. We entered an area that had reverse air-conditioning, so it was hotter."
So the staff wanted them to wait but the forced and moved to an area where it was hotter ... yea blame organizer for this ... I remember teams waiting in Melbourne games for 2 hrs before they could enter the ground and no it wasnt pleasant either

The picture in the first link is not a recent one as I saw it weeks ago in one of the pics to showcase the work being done at that time. from the first article I read that it got damaged and they are seeking clearance from security for have MORE workers work on it.

cuz it got damaged :wall: So the staff wanted them to wait but the forced and moved to an area where it was hotter ... yea blame organizer for this ... I remember teams waiting in Melbourne games for 2 hrs before they could enter the ground and no it wasnt pleasant either
I agree they're winging to a certain extent.

why ? Sree is right and I understand that u find his posts offensive but he has a right to report what he sees as truth and more often than not he is right. Things could/should have been managed better.
ok he is right, but you will see he will not stop reporting these news ,and game will get its ends.:hysterical::hysterical:

The picture in the first link is not a recent one as I saw it weeks ago in one of the pics to showcase the work being done at that time. from the first article I read that it got damaged and they are seeking clearance from security for have MORE workers work on it.
Fair enough parts of it were damaged due to the opening ceremony but that was 3 days go. If it is still damaged with just 24 hours to go and there have been requests for an extension ----- "The BBC is reporting that athletics officials had asked for a 24 hour delay to the start of the programme, but that was rejected." ----- than this is a(nother) embarrassment and not mere scaremongering. Btw, did you hear about the calibration problems for the weigh in scales for the boxing event ?