Milk/ Fitness/ ChickenBreast/Nuts...everything allowed here!

Gaurav

Re: Milk/ Fitness/ ChickenBreast/Nuts...everything allowed here!

Dude' date=' these guys look seriously UNDER-FED. They are the ones who run after UN planes dropping food packets. No wonder the life expectancy of people at birth in that particular region (ie; Botswana) is just 33.[/quote'] 1. No, the ones who run after UN food planes are not Khoisan people. Khoisans are nomadic people and they have always been hunter-gatherers. Hunter-gatherers dont require food-drops. They are not dependent on cultivation (which is prone to crop-failure and hence famines) for sustainance and therefore do not suffer from famine. When was the last time someone did a food drop for eskimos or khoisan ? The answer is never. 2. Regardless of what your impulse and culturally driven and completely arbitary concept of 'what looks healthy' tells you on viewing those images, you should be able to override that impulse and conclude that these people are VERY FIT solely based on the FACT that unfit, malnourished people do not walk around 20Km a day on 45C raging hot desert sand as a part of 'ordinary,uneventful' day. I played tennis once in July heat of middle east- 4pm match started and after 1.5 hrs, we called off the match because we were gasping and nearly fainting. These are 17 year old guys who ran 5Km every other day every evening as a part of training for tennis, along with doing weights. Seriously, your idea of what is healthy/malnourished etc. is completely messed up as evidenced by your perception of the Khoisan people!

Used to take Creatine and all that stuff to 'gain muscle'. Did it do its job ? Ofcourse it did. But by 21 i had high uric acid in my blood and my kidneys were starting to tire out from excessive work. I went back to a much more 'natural diet' - uric acid is gone, fitness unaffected, etc etc. People who try to maximise their protien consumption fail to realize that our digestive system and overall health is NOT designed to eat more protien than anything else. Fitness is not just how you look and feel but also inside your own body. Maximising the external looks by killing the internal is what obsessing over protien shakes does.
You are giving the number 1 supplement in health industry a bad name just based on your experience. Dont mind me saying it but it is like Harbhajan Singh suggesting Kookabura balls are cr@p cos it doesnt work for him. Well everyone is different CC, your body is different to mine, mine absorbs Creatine without any issue, yours doesnt. It is no different than a cup syrup working for you while it may/may not work for your brother/sister let alone someone else. Heck in my childhood my brother would take cough syrup A but I was allergic to it!! Go figure. I have used Creatine for a long time and never had any problems. You are never supposed to take Creatine by itself. Have it with some fruit juice, specially grape juice if you can..the blood absorbs it faster and better. And when you take Creatine drink a lot of water. Its not a problem for me as I take in a lot of water anyway. Look at it this way. Why are steroids banned in Olympic and others sporting events? Not only because they give unfair advantage but because there are known health issues. This is the reason why players from Ben Johnson to Mohammed Asif has been banned. Now tell me have you ever heard any player getting banned for Creatine? Wouldnt it be surprising if the number 1 bodybuilding supplement with known harms, and used by athletes of practically every sport is not banned? xxxx

Kids eat yoke only particularly below 1 year olds
DR. An egg a day(with the yolk) is perfectly fine. In fact I would say if you are not giving him an egg a day make sure you start doing so. The yellow portion is what contains Cholestrol and that is what generates the harmones in a human body. My amateur experience of course, you can always check with your physician. xxx

Regardless of what your impulse and culturally driven and completely arbitary concept of 'what looks healthy' tells you on viewing those images' date=' you should be able to override that impulse and conclude that these people are VERY FIT solely based on the FACT that unfit, malnourished people do not walk around 20Km a day on 45C raging hot desert sand as a part of 'ordinary,uneventful' day.![/quote'] You can't compare these people with us, as we exist and develop in different climates. Naturally, if they are brought up in those conditions then they would be able to adapt to them. Put them in the middle of Juneau, Alaska and they wouldn't last 2 mins. You acclimatise to the climate you are raised in. I don't consider their walking around to be an indicator of fitness. You claimed they were all more muscle bound than the average westerner, yet they all look like twigs. It's in the eye of the beholder, i suppose. You still didn't answer my point regarding their life-expectancy ?

Go to Delhi sometime Lurker. Visit places like Janak Puri, Daryaganj (close to Ferozshah Kotla), or even Gole Market and you will see plenty of kites during this time of the year. Although fewer kids fly kites now, since everyone seems to have a PC and they would much rather sit on their fat @sses and play LAN games all day. Anyway, i am glad to see another kite flying enthusiast on this forum ! Not just the kite-flying but the actual looting of kites was fun too...i remember i would use the "langaar" from the balconies and rooftops of my apartment to snare cut kites. Once during kite season, i didn't buy a single kite for 15th of August...looted about 15 of them in a month. 15th of August is the time i miss living in Delhi...kheech lagetey ho ya dheel ?
I definitely intend to do that Pred. My elder brother has moved to Delhi now(NOIDA) so I would be visiting Delhi quite often now. Waise bhi I intend to make some money and spend a few weeks if possible in some of the great towns of India. Waise it is mighty fantastic to not only run into another kite enthusiast but use of the same terms, langaar, dheel hahaha...Did you call the thingy that contained thread(dhaaga) as latai or uchka? Man back in my kiddy days we would get the small kites for 5 paise and big ones for 25 paise. Wonder if they now sell for the same...only in rupees now. xxxx

I definitely intend to do that Pred. My elder brother has moved to Delhi now(NOIDA) so I would be visiting Delhi quite often now. Waise bhi I intend to make some money and spend a few weeks if possible in some of the great towns of India. Waise it is mighty fantastic to not only run into another kite enthusiast but use of the same terms, langaar, dheel hahaha...Did you call the thingy that contained thread(dhaaga) as latai or uchka? Man back in my kiddy days we would get the small kites for 5 paise and big ones for 25 paise. Wonder if they now sell for the same...only in rupees now. xxxx
The cost of kite material, just like everything else has risen. You get an "addhi" (mid-size kite) for approx Rs. 2, and the big "guddas" (the bigger ones) cost Rs. 4. I never buy small ones, they don't maneuver that well and you can't fly them without wind. I can fly a gudda without any wind whatsoever, although your shoulder will take a beating from all the constant pulling. Pecche lagaane keliye bhi mast hain. I called the rotating thread thingy a "charkhari". Everyone in Delhi uses that term. However, since i hail from a Bihari family, i am familiar with the term "latai" or "later" because my grandparents used it ! A charkhari can cost you anything from Rs. 10 - Rs. 30 depending on the quality and the size. I usually just buy a big one full of freshly polished manjha for Rs.100. Can you fly a kite on your own ?

. Naturally, if they are brought up in those conditions then they would be able to adapt to them.
No amount of adaptation would enable you to walk around 20Km per day in raging hot desert sun if you are malnourished. The malnourished westerner doesnt have a higher survival chance than a fully nourished Indian like me in this northern climate they are 'adapted to'. Simple fact : You cannot lead the life of a Khoisan if you are malnourished. It cannot happen. Malnourished khoisan is a dead khoisan very quickly. Do you see that or not ?
Well everyone is different CC, your body is different to mine, mine absorbs Creatine without any issue, yours doesnt.
False propaganda. As THX and i've said, everytime you take protien, your kidneys go into overdrive processing uric acid from your blood. Taking concentrated form of protien such as creatine leads to kidneys being extremely overworked. You can compensate for this when you are young and in your 20s by drinking a lot of water but to put it simply, your kidneys are 'putting on a lot more miles' due to these protien shakes. When you are 50, your kidneys are not gonna be anywhere as fine (on average) as those of a person who eats normally.
Put them in the middle of Juneau, Alaska and they wouldn't last 2 mins.
Well doh- they arn't dressed for Alaska and know nothing about survival in snow. Teach them and give them proper snow-gear and they will run rings around you and me 'city-gym fit guys' in Alaska.
You claimed they were all more muscle bound than the average westerner, yet they all look like twigs.
They are more muscle-bound. Just about everything on them that isnt bone is muscle. Westerners- even your gym-types pack around far more lard than these Khoisan do. So their bodies are fitter- they arnt lugging all this fat around.
You acclimatise to the climate you are raised in. I don't consider their walking around to be an indicator of fitness.
You have no idea then what it is like to walk 20Km on SAND under 40-45C sun. I've lived in the middle east and i've never seen a cityboy arab (born and raised there) make it up a sand-dune in one dead-run. Walking on sand for 20Km in 40-45C is harder than anything you or I've ever done on a treadmill, that i can safely say. Even if you are a fitness freak guru who runs the local gym by example, you still havnt done anything on your treadmill thats remotely challenging for a Khoisan.
You still didn't answer my point regarding their life-expectancy ?
They have good life-expectancy when you factor in stuff like they have literally zero access to healthcare and services. A nomadic society doesnt have doctors. So even a particularly bad cut can fester into tetanus and kill you. These people dont have good life-expectancy by our standards ( ie, 65+) because they don't live for very long when old age robs them of their skills of survival..usually croaking by 50 because they fell down a cliff or foot slipped, etc etc. But if you don't mind, i would like to highlight our perception of looks being a big problem in this 'gym fad' mentality - which is not really fitness fitness but more 'feel good, look good, quasi-fitness'. The very fact that an average Khoisan looks distinctly unfit to you but that he/she is capable of feats of physical strength/endurance far far superseeding the average gym goer should indicate how warped the idea of 'gym fitness' is.

False propaganda. As THX and i've said, everytime you take protien, your kidneys go into overdrive processing uric acid from your blood. Taking concentrated form of protien such as creatine leads to kidneys being extremely overworked. You can compensate for this when you are young and in your 20s by drinking a lot of water but to put it simply, your kidneys are 'putting on a lot more miles' due to these protien shakes. When you are 50, your kidneys are not gonna be anywhere as fine (on average) as those of a person who eats normally.
You are 100% right here.And for those you follow atkins diet, I sincerely recommend albumin test wherin urine sample is checked for it . Your kidneys may be leaking protein.

Malnourished khoisan is a dead khoisan very quickly. Do you see that or not ? Well doh- they arn't dressed for Alaska and know nothing about survival in snow. Teach them and give them proper snow-gear and they will run rings around you and me 'city-gym fit guys' in Alaska.
Yep, that explains the remarkably low life-expectancy. By the same token, if you give me a camel, teach me how survive in the desert and i would probably manage just fine ?

CC' date=' but gym fitness isn't just about looking good. It's about increasing strength and endurance as well.[/quote'] In a very inefficient way that isnt much use practically. If i wanted to gain muscle, then i'd go to a gym. If i wanted total body fitness, gym experience does not provide it. The muscle-joe who can lift 400 pounds is so slow and inflexible that he'd get hit 4 times for every one time he lands a blow. Cant run, cant climb, cant chase. The 200 pound benchers always get owned by the chin-up dudes and they neither are strong enough or lithe enough. As i said, for true all-round fitness, gym choro and do yoga or martial arts training. Those pataka boys of martial arts can do just about every practical physical thing better than a gym guy bar lifting stupidly huge weights.

Yep, that explains the remarkably low life-expectancy.
I think i've already surmised very well why Khoisan life expectancy is low. Lack of medical services factors in nothing compared to diet and fitness i suppose, eh ? particularly for people who are nomads and where dextirity failure often means spot-dead...you are old, you are trying to climb a tree, you fall, you die. Yeah, you were fitter than me but you died at 45 but me the fatass western gym-goer will live till 80 because i run to the clinic everytime something bites me. Such is life.
By the same token, if you give me a camel, teach me how survive in the desert and i would probably manage just fine ?
No. Because unless you can call yourself in the top 1% of the gym going population in the west fitness-wise, you arnt fit enough compared to a bedouin. Unlike you, i've rather arrogantly put this to a test when i was 18 ( my gym days and 'really fit' by most western standards) and i got whupped.

CC' date=' but gym fitness isn't just about looking good. It's about increasing strength and endurance as well.[/quote'] In a very inefficient way that isnt much use practically. If i wanted to gain muscle, then i'd go to a gym. If i wanted total body fitness, gym experience does not provide it. The muscle-joe who can lift 400 pounds is so slow and inflexible that he'd get hit 4 times for every one time he lands a blow. Cant run, cant climb, cant chase. The 200 pound benchers always get owned by the chin-up dudes and they neither are strong enough or lithe enough. As i said, for true all-round fitness, gym choro and do yoga or martial arts training. Those pataka boys of martial arts can do just about every practical physical thing better than a gym guy bar lifting stupidly huge weights.
Yeah but you do realize that gym training is not all about lifting weights :) Those martial arts boys need to do a lot of gym training (i.e. pull-ups, exploding squats, etc etc.. ). But yeah, if I see a person who's like sitting around, lifting some massive weights, then just sitting around again.. that's a no-no, and isn't really doing much for him strength-wise.

Now wait a minute. Do you have any studies to suggest that or are you just saying it for the heck of saying? I have used Creatine for a long time, never had any issues. If someone else has some issues is it a case of Creatine being bad or maybe his body not adopting to it. It should be a rather simple question to resolve really - Why has Creatine, the number 1 supplement not been banned? Have you ever heard an athlete being banned for Creatine? if yes then tell me the names of a few, if no then why is Creatine not banned when it can do damage to a vaster number of population than say Nandrolone(noone in my knowledge uses the latter while everyone uses Creatine). xxxx

In a very inefficient way that isnt much use practically. If i wanted to gain muscle, then i'd go to a gym. If i wanted total body fitness, gym experience does not provide it. The muscle-joe who can lift 400 pounds is so slow and inflexible that he'd get hit 4 times for every one time he lands a blow. Cant run, cant climb, cant chase. The 200 pound benchers always get owned by the chin-up dudes and they neither are strong enough or lithe enough. As i said, for true all-round fitness, gym choro and do yoga or martial arts training. Those pataka boys of martial arts can do just about every practical physical thing better than a gym guy bar lifting stupidly huge weights.
CC, contrary to your perception - most of us gym rats aren't 300 lb behemoths capable of doing nothing but lift weight. Everyone who works out has different goals. I weigh 183 lbs at 6'1, and a big part of my workout routine is mainly MANUAL exercises (ie; pushups, pullups, dips, etc. with excess weight to add resistance) and for the most part, i work with FREE weights, not machines. I can do 25 chinups or pullups in one go, i could run 6 minute miles a few years ago and i can even do the hard stuff like handstand pushups. I don't use heavy weights at all. Gym fitness isn't just about putting on tons of muscle, it's also about building a stronger body, relieving stress and developing stamina.

In a very inefficient way that isnt much use practically. If i wanted to gain muscle, then i'd go to a gym. If i wanted total body fitness, gym experience does not provide it.
Again a generalization. Are you telling me that every Martial Arts expert out there is a Bruce Lee? NO. In USA most of the Martial Arts teacher I know are fat. I also do not beleive in going to gym to become strong. One can become strong at home if he has some basic weights. If you go to the gym, if you talk to the pros they will tell you that to gain strength you have to stick to the basics exercise: bench press(chest) deadlifts(back and hams) squats(hams) shoulder press(shoulder) dips(triceps and chest) Pullsups(back) These are all free-weight exercises and can be done with minimum apparatus. These are also the toughest and hence in gym you will see people do machines and not squats. The idea of going to gym varies for people. For some it is to go in and watch lovely ladies, for others it to lose fat, for some it will be to break a sweat and then go to sauna, for few others it would be to do high reps and go for cuts and classic lines. I personally go because I would get bored at home. No matter how discipline I am(and I am pretty darnes disciplines) there is no freaking way I will get up at 5 am and do 100 pushups and then 10 set of squats. Instead I get up go to the gym and thats all the inspiration and environment I need. xxxx

Domesticated animals serve no other purpose than to be consumed.
Like dogs and cats? :eek:
You know fully well what i meant. However, there are countries where dogs and cats are eaten by the public. Go anywhere in South East Asia; you will notice how people in Vietnam, South Korea, Thailand eat dog meat.
The hypocrisy of Americans is in the fact that they feel all sorry for the poor dog or cat and express disgust, but fail to express any sympathy for the cow or a pig which they indiscriminately eat. The amount of meat especially beef consumed in north and south america is obscene. They make middle eastern folks sound like vegetarians.
Kumble Rocks appl.gif Great Post, right on target. Their sympathy for cats and dogs is more than humans. I can't stand those idiots talking abt their pets 24/7

Do you have any studies to suggest that or are you just saying it for the heck of saying?
Simple question of putting two & two together. Protien produces uric acid in blood as by-product. Kidneys filter it out of your blood. Too much protien = too much uric acid. Creatine is concentrated protien. Too much protien = kidney stone or gout. Neither fun.
I have used Creatine for a long time, never had any issues.
I hope you can say the same 20 years from now.
It should be a rather simple question to resolve really - Why has Creatine, the number 1 supplement not been banned?
Because you cant ban protien. Creatine damages over long term primarily due to overusing your body (kidneys). Its not gonna actively destroy stuff in your body like naldrolone.
Gym fitness isn't just about putting on tons of muscle, it's also about building a stronger body, relieving stress and developing stamina.
If that is the goal, find a dojo. Enroll and show up for precisely the same amount of time you spend at the gym. You will be stronger, much more relaxed and stamina would be beyond comparison. It is also what you aspire to that is the main thing and one has to ask oneself if its motivated by fitness or looks. I think in the west its motivated by looking fit than being fit which is why fitness has always been associated with inch number of waist or how many pounds you shed etc etc. Do you not find it disturbing that people who you thought looked malnourished ( and i am sure many others here in the west would come to the same conclusion) are capable of far more physically demanding stuff than the average gym-going joe in the west ?
In USA most of the Martial Arts teacher I know are fat.
Who cares about in the US ? US is the standard of martial arts ? hell they dont even know whats martial arts really. How many Shaolin masters from China are fat ? how many muay thai people are fat ? You CANNOT be fat if you are a practitioner of martial arts. The fat masters are fat because they dont really follow the training/eating pattern anymore.

Re: Milk/ Fitness/ ChickenBreast/Nuts...everything allowed here! In this part of the world there is a saying. In a queue if you see some of the biggest men/women in the queue, rest assured they are Americans. It is a common knowledge Americans are the most non-fit people on earth. BTW it is a general consensus and that doesn't mean you lot from America are obese. I have a first hand experience of that too. I have visited US few times and I can assure you the fattest and the number of obese men/women I've seen in America is way more than elsewhere say Aussie, India, UK and few European countries.

"Americans continue to get fatter By DrRich According to a recent report in the Journal of the American Medical Association, the prevalence of obesity in the U. S. population continues to increase at an alarming rate. This report describes a survey conducted in 1999 and 2000 among 4115 men and women, showing that 64.5% of Americans are overweight, 30.5% are obese, and 4.7% are extremely obese. These results represent a significant increase in obesity and overweight just over the past few years. (Ten years earlier, a "mere" 55.9% of adults were overweight, 22.9% were obese, and 2.7% were extremely obese.) These increases in obesity were seen in all demographic groups: in men and women, in all age groups, and in whites, African Americans, and Hispanics. The increases in obesity reported in this study represent a continuation of a disturbing trend that began in the late 1970s or early 1980 "