Milk/ Fitness/ ChickenBreast/Nuts...everything allowed here!

Gaurav

Re: Milk/ Fitness/ ChickenBreast/Nuts...everything allowed here! Rajeev. I have heard good stuff about apple cider vinegar. Personally I have not tried it so I can not say. Just make sure that it is not very high on calories. As an example if a dose is about say two spoons, and that is a total of 100 calories, this would mean you are having 300 calories(3 meals) just by that. But if the calorie intake is very low(say 25-50) dont worry about it then. You are doing good by trying fruit juice. On an average how many glasses of juice would you have in a day? If you can then try eating steamd vegetables. Preferabbly broccolli/carrots/cabbage etc. They have a lot of fibre and will keep you full for longer period. You mentioned your meals are small but do you eat often? I mean how many meals do you have a day? Hypothyroid I will check with my brother. He is a Doctor and incidentally also suffers from Hypothyroid, will get you an expert point of view there. See you obviously know that you have to lose weight. I would say 10-15 kgs should do you fine Rajeev(of course the more the merrier). You wont be able to lose that weight just by diet, exercise is the key. Reason being exercise will boost your metabolism and make sure your body actually burns fat and not stores it. If you can not join a gym is it possible to buy a treadmill or an elliptical machine? This way you can have it at home and watch television or cricket on CVP and quickly do 30 minutes of cardio?? Being at home would also give you flexibility to do it as and when you like, though morning is the best. Drinks/Beer/Wine would be out :Cry: High cholestrol. If you cook then try putting garlics(lots!). It really does work. This is again where exercise will help you Rajeev. Cholestrol is directly related to your heart. If you do cardio it will get your heart in right condition and your cholestrol level will come down just because of that. You think you can do 30 minutes cardio at home watching a match or movie? xxxx

Re: Milk/ Fitness/ ChickenBreast/Nuts...everything allowed here! Thanx Lurks I have 3 table spoons of Apple Cider Vinegar, twice a day with bit of honey Juice is once a day, and my meals are only twice a day ( 4 chapatis and stuff ) and I eat late at night There is a gym in my building but I am too lazy to go and I was actually thinking of getting a treadmill for my place. 30 Min on Treadmill, I think I can surely manage that I actually enjoy steamed veggies, its just I feel the urge to eat good food after 2-3 days and If I don't eat well, I get headaches I think I should adopt the 6 small meals theory, I just need to implement this practically, need a boost

Re: Milk/ Fitness/ ChickenBreast/Nuts...everything allowed here! BTW on the OP, isn't Milk pasturised in the first place? I suppose pasturized milk is safe. If you are consuming milk straight from the cow without any kind of treatment, it will bound to have some microorganisms that isn't perhaps good for human consumption.

Re: Milk/ Fitness/ ChickenBreast/Nuts...everything allowed here!

P.S High Cholestrol, I haven;t checked since some time now
The easiest and the most effective way to reduce LDL ( I have brought mine down from 190 to 120 ) is a) by having 4 cloves of garlic everyday. b) flaxseed mixture c) Taking omega3 fish oil tablet - 3 times a day ( This does wonders for your cholestrol reduction ) And for your hypothyriodism , even I had borderline hypothoridism and got my reading down from 5.5 to 4.5 , a) make sure you have sufficient Idoine - easiest way would be to have iodized salt b) Try sarvangasan. Extremely good for thyroid gland.

Alright Holy. Here is my routine for you. I thought for some time and decided that instead of going with just eating routine I will go ahead and give you a little bit of overall lifestyle thing. Good health is not just food(or exercise) but a combination of them plus good rest so with that here is my routine. I have made a few assumptions and I will mention them whereever I use them. Also feel free to get back to me in you would want changes. 1) Your desired Calorie intake: Your height is 5ft 8. I will take off an inch since guys always add an inch hehehe. Say 5ft 7. For that height your desired weight should be about 150-160 pounds. That would mean you should take about 1600-1700 calories a day. This would be less than what you are having now. Combined with some exercise this will ensure your metabolism goes up and you lose weight/ 2) Your desired workout: For first two weeks I would want you to do cardio, and cardio only. No lifting weights etc. I want your heart to get ready for the pounding that is coming your way later on. For first two weeks you will get up early(about say 5-5:30 am), have a glass of water(with lemon if you like) and go for either a mile or two run. If you have access to a gym I want you to run on treadmill for 30 minutes. Start with 10 minutes and go to 30 minutes. Even if you dont very fast its fine, we are intersted in jogging and not sprinting. The idea is to burn calories early in the morning on an empty stomach so your body burns stored energy(fat). 3) Your desired rest: You should be taking in anything between 7-8 hours of sleep. Since you intend to get up at 5-5:30 am this means you should be tucked in bed snoring around 10-10:30 pm. The earlier the better. If you are a late nighter its time to call quits. No more tv watching. Get in bed by 10. 4) Your desired food: Your desired calories would be 1600-1700. You will take more of protein but you will increase it slowly over a period of time. We will try to get as much natural food as we can. Here is a sample menu: Breakfast(7:30-8 am): Egg whites(throw away the yellow. Start with 3 egg whites and go to 6 egg whites. If you eat 3 egg-whites eating 1 yellow is fine. ) Cup of oatmeal(with low-fat milk) or 2 slices of wheat bread(have a zero fat cheese in between them for taste). Late morning snack(around 10:30 am): Cup of yoplait(yogurt in a cup..you should be able to get 1 for 50 cents in local grocery). Afternoon meal (1 pm): 6 inch Grilled Chicken Sandwitch on Wheat Bread with no cheese or sauce(if you go some place else go for Grilled Chicken Sandwitch with no cheese) Twice a week you can have a meal with Subway, that is a small potato chips bag. Late evening meal(4 pm): Cup of yogurt Evening meal(7 pm) Cup of brown rice with vegetable or chicken curry. (You can also have the other half of footlong chicken sandwitch of Subway) Just before bed(10 pm) A glass of low-fat milk. This should provide your body with enough nutrients. The more disciplined you are the more it will work for you. Also the more you get up and run the more your fat will cut down as well as your metabolism will go up. The latter will make you hungry and we shall add more proteins to quench that hunger whereby you will start building muscle. Supplement: For now lets start with just a Multivitamin. You should be able to get them in Wal-Mart or Walgreens. Things to avoid: 1) Fatty stuff(chips etc etc) 2) Nuts 3) Natural milk 4) White bread 5) Regular Soda(Diet Soda is fine, you can also go for Caffein free Diet Soda) 6) Fruits.(Dont push out fruits altogether but instead have them early in the day. You can have it in breakfast or mid-morning meal) Things to do: 1) Eat timely and dont skip meals. 2) Have smaller portions of food every 3-4 hours 3) if you use oil to cook switch either to spray or use olive oil..that too sparingly. 4) Try to get good amount of sleep everyday(7-8 hrs is optimum) 5) Make sure you do not miss out on that early morning 30 minutes jog. if you have problems doing it at start, try brisk walking but go 30 minutes. Good luck :wtg: xxxx
Dude, that looks really good. I can do that! The problem is, there is no way on earth i can get up at 5/530. My friends will not allow me to sleep at 10, they will laugh at me, if i even try to.. :duh:

Re: Milk/ Fitness/ ChickenBreast/Nuts...everything allowed here! Just an update. Yes the gym bike which I do every day at above average intensity for 40 minutes = to 20km/12.4 miles exactly. I go gym 1st thing in the morning on an empty stomach. I don't like doing gym if I have food in my stomach...even if it was eaten few hours ago.

Just an update. Yes the gym bike which I do every day at above average intensity for 40 minutes = to 20km/12.4 miles exactly. I go gym 1st thing in the morning on an empty stomach. Just cause I can't do gym if I have food in my stomach...even if it was eaten few hours ago.
eat a power bar on your way there...

I was talking about Martial Arts experts. People who teach Martial Arts as a living. More often than not I have seen people who are great in martial arts but hardly the fittest bloke.
Because as i said, they are NOT doing martial arts anymore. Just fancy hand moves and leg moves. Martial arts concept in the western mind (or Indian mind since we know of it in recent times due to western movies and stuff) is laughably narrow and part of the picture. Martial arts is not just fancy combat moves. It is fitness training, meditation AND fancy combat moves. Yes, there are many fatass 'martial arts' teachers here who can beat the hell out of most people if they wanted to but those joes do not stand even the slightest chance against the actual martial arts experts from Asian schools (which are VERY different from Asian-American schools).
That would mean you should take about 1600-1700 calories a day.
Says who ? Human base metabolic rate has a variation of over 20% in resting conditions ( source : SFU science journal, biochemistry article, 2007 January). Not to mention, metabolic rate variations for lifestyle is immensely more, more like 200-300% variation. So this 1600-1700 calorie number is nothing more than shady 'psuedo-science' that is employed by populist trend-makers. Thousands of generations till just our father's generation didnt worry about calorific quantification of diet and we don't need to go into such nonsense either i think. You want to get fit ? Eat a predominantly veggie-fruit diet with meat (or meat products) now and then (ie, say for dinner, similar portions to that served in common middle-class Indian households),cut out junk-food, do yoga, lots of unplanned cardio (ie, dont run straight like an idiot for 10 miles, go play soccer instead for 2 hours straight) and free-hand exercises. I think this works far better than the illusion of fitness created by the unnatural and pseudo-science driven ideas such as 'ideal calorific intake', weight rooms and treadmills, etc etc.

Dude, that looks really good. I can do that! The problem is, there is no way on earth i can get up at 5/530. My friends will not allow me to sleep at 10, they will laugh at me, if i even try to.. :duh:
This is where you need someone to give you a good hard kick in your nuts and tell you to wake up and smell the roses Holy. Look whatever is your lifestyle today, be it your choice of food or your pressure from friends, it is obviously not working. And you know that. You admit yourself that you have a martial arts background and logically that itself should have ensured that you have a good physique, as it stands it is anything but, hai na? Matlab you need to pull up your socks and kick your own butt. Do realize that you are quite young(early to mid 20's I am guessing), the more you delay a healthy lifestyle the more fat you will pile on and worse you will become. 2 years down the line when you are 50 pounds overweight you would be mad at yourself as to why you listened to "friends" and let it all happen to you. You know having a healthy lifestyle not only gives you a good physique. There are lot of other benefits that greatly affects you as a human being. Two such benefits are getting disciplined and ability to say NO. Since you value your health you will stand up and say NO when your friends offer you a cake or a chocolate or want you to party all night and let you wake up at 2 in the afternoon on Sunday. Most health buffs here would tell you that they do not sit and watch Ind-Bangladesh match all night, okay Ind-Pak match maybe but otherwise hit the bed at the right time.' So much so for the motivational speech. See you need to get 7-8 hours of sleep and you need to do cardio on an empty stomach. If you can do it at 7 am instead of 5:30 am thats perfectly fine but 30 minutes cardio on empty stomach is the deal Holy. xxxx PS: Take my criticism in a positive sense, I dont mean any malice... :hmph:

Re: Milk/ Fitness/ ChickenBreast/Nuts...everything allowed here! good job holysmoke..try to better tomorrow...you have atleasted started...and its natural that you are out of shape...it wont take long before you can run 30 min. without walking...just try to take baby steps.

Re: Milk/ Fitness/ ChickenBreast/Nuts...everything allowed here! Good work there Holy. :wtg: :wtg: Keep up the good work. If you run out of breath do 5 minutes jog then 5 minutes brisk walk then 5 minutes jog again till you are able to improve. Just 30 minutes of brisk walking will burn atleast 150-200 calories. Running shall burn about 250-300 calories depending on your speed. Regadless you are burning abouts 200 cals a day, extra 200 cals that would have otherwise stuck to your tummy. Go get em Holy!! xxx

Re: Milk/ Fitness/ ChickenBreast/Nuts...everything allowed here! Holy baba you can even start a "Holy ka fitness thread". Then you can post everyday what you did on it. Kind of fitness diary :hic: Then again you are a lazy cun.t :lmao:

Re: Milk/ Fitness/ ChickenBreast/Nuts...everything allowed here! Some links- 8 foods every vegetarian should eat- http://www.vegetariantimes.com/document/387 _________________________________________ Why go Veg http://www.peta.org.uk/feat/ChewOnThisUK/ ____________________________________________ http://www.askmen.com/sports/bodybuilding_60/95_fitness_tip.html http://www.askmen.com/sports/foodcourt/index.html _________________________________________ Dumbell exercises (animated) http://www.sport-fitness-advisor.com/dumbbellexercises.html

Juice is once a day, and my meals are only twice a day ( 4 chapatis and stuff ) and I eat late at night There is a gym in my building but I am too lazy to go and I was actually thinking of getting a treadmill for my place. 30 Min on Treadmill, I think I can surely manage that I actually enjoy steamed veggies, its just I feel the urge to eat good food after 2-3 days and If I don't eat well, I get headaches I think I should adopt the 6 small meals theory, I just need to implement this practically, need a boost
Rajeev. Try a few things: 1) Instead of Juice, go for a cup of Yoplait. You should be able to get it in your local grocery store. yoplait-yogurt_7.jpg. Say you have breakfast around 8-9 have one yoplait around 11 and the next one between your lunch and dinner. Try to go for fat-free version. 2) Have your dinner atleast 2 hours before the time you go to bed. Dont go to bed within an hour of eating. It would be great if you could a bit of walking between dinner and your sleep. One thing that I do, and it has worked for me, is I make phone-calls to my family/friend after my dinner. What I do is consume dinner then maybe watch tv for 15-20 minutes, then make calls to my family while I walk around my apartment complex. In between if I feel tired I sit down but often I end up walking for 30-40 minutes without even knowing. So make a note to yourself and stick on fridge - No taking calls on sofa, walk around specially after meals and before you hit the bed. 3) I can relate the habit of missing out good food, I really do. What you can do is once every week you can treat yourself to good food, just make sure you do not consume an entire week's meal at one-go. What I generally do is every Sunday I will go to a good bakery and have a nice little breakfast - generally scarmbled eggs with bread, maybe a large cup of coffee and a small cake. But overall you should maintain discipline. 4) Have a lot of steamed veggies, it will give you a feeling of fullness. Also drink a lot of water. 5) Do you eat meat/egg? 6) 30 minutes cardio would be great. If you can manage it on empty stomach nothing like it. Time to look into that loaded bank account of yours and shell out some mullah Rajeev! xxxx

Predator, not sure if you are still checking this thread but if you are I have got 2 strong recommendations for you. These two I have tried in past few weeks and my strength has certainly gone up, with a decrease in body fat%..Win win eh? 1) First is Post-workout drink. Chug out that old Whey Protein and go for Myozene. Has the right combination of carbs, whey and leucine. Give it a try. myozene.jpg 2) Scivation Xtend BCAA's - This, I beleive, is what has really made the difference. I take a bottle of cold water mixed with these BCAA's and sip during my workout. The Branched Chain Amino Acids replaces the dead cells and takes away the sense of fatique. Go for the Lemonade or Watermelon flavour. I am guessing you must be using something as of now. If you would like, go ahead and order these two from www.prosource.net. You would get cheaper price than GNC, VitaminShoppe or whatever, they sell for far less and shipping is 4.99 regardless of weight. Just make sure you have a week or two till they arrive. Have Myozene after workout and the BCAA's during. xxx PS: I dont work for either of the companies that make those products :angry_smile:

interesting Lurks... seems like a nice find... though, i take separate amino supps, hence the additive aminos dont interest me.... the only problem with me is, my stomach takes a long time to get used to differnt whey drinks..... i would rather say, i am stuck with ON, though not out of choice.... but it aint too bad...

Predator, not sure if you are still checking this thread but if you are I have got 2 strong recommendations for you. These two I have tried in past few weeks and my strength has certainly gone up, with a decrease in body fat%..Win win eh? 1) First is Post-workout drink. Chug out that old Whey Protein and go for Myozene. Has the right combination of carbs, whey and leucine. Give it a try. myozene.jpg 2) Scivation Xtend BCAA's - This, I beleive, is what has really made the difference. I take a bottle of cold water mixed with these BCAA's and sip during my workout. The Branched Chain Amino Acids replaces the dead cells and takes away the sense of fatique. Go for the Lemonade or Watermelon flavour. I am guessing you must be using something as of now. If you would like, go ahead and order these two from www.prosource.net. You would get cheaper price than GNC, VitaminShoppe or whatever, they sell for far less and shipping is 4.99 regardless of weight. Just make sure you have a week or two till they arrive. Have Myozene after workout and the BCAA's during. xxx PS: I dont work for either of the companies that make those products :angry_smile:
Nice. Thanks for letting me know. Do they have the Myozene thing at Vitamin World/GNC, etc. ? If so, i'll drive over to the mall and buy it this weekend. What do you think the price is ? I don't mind paying a higher price for good supplements.