Utd vs Chelski...

Captain of Bhangra

I have to say that Utd have impressed me with this start. This game will be huge. If we win, I will be convinced we can scrape the league title. A draw or a loss will mean we're still top, but I'll be fancying the Russians to take the honours in May. Many people take the piss out of our downfall etc, but at the end of the day, no matter what happens we're the only team to challenge them this badly since Mourinho took over, and the scum scouse give it all the mouth, but are never in the race. I'm proud of the boys and hope we can do them over at Old Trafford again, just like we did a year ago...

Re: Utd vs Chelski...

I have to say that Utd have impressed me with this start. This game will be huge. If we win' date=' I will be convinced we can scrape the league title. [/quote'] Hardly ! The season is a marathon, not a sprint. In that context, one win against Chelsea is absolutely meaningless. After all, Man Utd beat Chelsea 1-0 at Old Trafford last season courtesy of a Darren Fletcher (what a sh*t player he is) header. That result had no bearing on how the season finished, did it ? Bottom line - Man Utd will remain a serious threat as long as their first XI stay injury/suspension free - simple as that. Chelsea and to a lesser extent, Arsenal have more depth in their squad - they won't be affected by the absence of key players in the same way Man Utd will.

Hardly ! The season is a marathon' date=' not a sprint. In that context, one win against Chelsea is absolutely meaningless. After all, Man Utd beat Chelsea 1-0 at Old Trafford last season courtesy of a Darren Fletcher (what a sh*t player he is) header. That result had no bearing on how the season finished, did it ?[/quote'] The difference being that we were still some way behind Chelsea in the table then, whereas this time, we're 3 points ahead of them at the top...

Re: Utd vs Chelski... You think Arsenal have more depth in their squad than Utd?? Im not sure man. An injury to the man Henry for eg. and theyre screwed. Yesterday with him rested vs Newc Utd they werent the same. And Fabregas too- an injury/suspension to him- irreplaceable really. Utd w.o say Rooney can play Solskjear, Smith when in form is good. Park is a decent player when hes fit. I guess if Saha is injured, Utd are truly facked. And Flecther aint so bad lol...hes got a good engine. decent passer too. Hes played out of position on the right- he dosent have pace. Hes a ctrl midfielder. Liverpools start has been surprising to say the least. The players theyve got youd think theyd be up there.

Re: Utd vs Chelski... The result of any match played in November is inconsequential. At best, the winner may have an edge over the other when they meet up later on in the season.

You think Arsenal have more depth in their squad than Utd?? Im not sure man. An injury to the man Henry for eg. and theyre screwed. Yesterday with him rested vs Newc Utd they werent the same. And Fabregas too- an injury/suspension to him- irreplaceable really. Utd w.o say Rooney can play Solskjear, Smith when in form is good. Park is a decent player when hes fit. I guess if Saha is injured, Utd are truly facked. And Flecther aint so bad lol...hes got a good engine. decent passer too. Hes played out of position on the right- he dosent have pace. Hes a ctrl midfielder..
Arsenal won 0-1 @ Old Trafford without Henry. He is an important player, but not irrepleaceable as such. Nor is Fabregas. Arsenal have the likes of Gilberto, Baptista, Lauren, Ljungberg, Walcott, and Adebayor on their bench - all of them, a class act. Hence they won't feel the pinch of a few suspensions or injuries. Now compare this group of players to Manutd's bench - Richardson, O'Shea, David Jones, Fletcher, Lee. LOL. There is no comparison. Solskjaer is never going to be fully fit, Smith is set go out on loan (the last time i heard) and Park isn't a striker. Face it, they got no depth. Fletcher is dog sh*t, m8. The worst excuse for a footballer i've ever seen at Manutd since Laurent Blanc.

Chelsea will win league easy. Way to strong. Man utd will not be able to maintain this run' date=' they will falter at some point.[/quote'] hmmm...upon revisiting this thread, it certainly doesn't seem like it will go that way. Whilst our point regarding Manutd's noticeable lack of depth was correct, they have continued their tremendous form and have remained injury-free for the most part. Ronaldo, Scholes and Vidic have been IMMENSE all season long and would undoubtedly find a place in the Premiership XI of the season when the competition ends in May. Meanwhile, Chelsea have struggled despite the depth we thought they had. John Terry and Cech's injuries forced their team into disarray, and they struggled to replace them. Now that both are back (Terry took a nasty knock in the League cup final, but should be alright) they will get their season back on track but will they be able to close out a 6 point deficit ? Manutd were sloppy against Fulham, but they are doing what they need to in order to consolidate their lead, and that's all that matters.