What is Dhoni's contribution to the team?

nballa

He has played only one series as a captain against them and has one two tests against them ' date='one being when he was stand by for Kumble,where as Ganguly has only one test against them:--D[/quote'] Ganguly didnt lose any matches against them though at home:P
How has he proved beter than our Previous Test captains? RD had series wins abroad in Eng and WI too. Sourav drew against the best team in their backyard. He is the only captain to have beaten SA In last many years. RD Won us our first win in SA.
He has proved by his winning percentage which is unprecedented. So I am willing to declare him the best ever based on that.
Ganguly didnt lose any matches against them though :P
but that 2004 side was a great one ,anyone remeber tsolekile keeping,zuderent controlling the middle order,hashim amla on his first tour,ontong the lone spinner and andrew hall opening the batting,it was one hell of a team:giggle:
but that 2004 side was a great one ' date='anyone remeber tsolekile keeping,zuderent controlling the middle order,hashim amla on his first tour,ontong the lone spinner and andrew hall opening the batting,it was one hell of a team:giggle:[/quote'] Oh are we talking about Quality of Oppositions now? Watson in Place of Hayden, Paine in place of Gilchrst, Hilfenhaus in place of Mcgrath and the list goes on.:giggle: So decide what you want to talk about. Achievements or the Strengths of the team.?
Hows he best ever without Wining in ENG' date=' AUS, SA? More of Home Tigers which we were before.[/quote'] No one has won in AUS or SA. :giggle: So even if he never wins there and has a significantly higher winning percentage than the others, he is in good shape.
No one has won in AUS or SA. :giggle: So even if he never wins there and has a significantly higher winning percentage than the others, he is in good shape.
They have won Tests, Have drawn series. Talking about Achievements sir.:--D Just like Dhoni has achieved more than others by drawing series in Lanka.
Oh are we talking about Quality of Oppositions now? Watson in Place of Hayden, Paine in place of Gilchrst, Hilfenhaus in place of Mcgrath and the list goes on.:giggle: So decide what you want to talk about. Achievements or the Strengths of the team.?
i thought someone said here that this was a weakened oz side and i may add players didnt came on that 2004 tour becoz they were retired but becoz of other reasons and i was just following you talking about the strenghts of the opposition,becoz you were quick in mentioning about hapless nz team,just following you bro:two_thumbs_up:
i thought someone said here that this was a weakened oz side and i may add players didnt came on that 2004 tour becoz they were retired but becoz of other reasons and i was just following you talking about the strenghts of the opposition' date='becoz you were quick in mentioning about [b']hapless nz team,just following you bro:two_thumbs_up:
NZ team was always Hapless bruv, am not at all taking credit away from Dhoni for that win. NZ, WI is not quality. Dhoni has proved he is beter or equal than captains of Past in Test matches played at Home. He will be the best when he does the same abroad. NZ is the only great thing he has done. But given that even RD beat the WI side away from home.
i thought someone said here that this was a weakened oz side and i may add players didnt came on that 2004 tour becoz they were retired but becoz of other reasons and i was just following you talking about the strenghts of the opposition' date='becoz you were quick in mentioning about hapless nz team,just following you bro:two_thumbs_up:[/quote'] And how about Shaun pollock :--D BTW I mentioned that, so don't direct the questions at him.
NZ team was always Hapless bruv, am not at all taking credit away from Dhoni for that win. NZ, WI is not quality. Dhoni has proved he is beter or equal than captains of Past in Test matches played at Home. He will be the best when he does the same abroad. NZ is the only great thing he has done. But given that even RD beat the WI side away from home.
OK end of the discussion,we will look forward to those away tours:two_thumbs_up:
I guess you will then agree that :punter:>Border & taylor' date=' Lady Jaya>All previous lankan captains etc.[/quote'] What is Lady Jaya's win%? Ponting's legacy has been tainted by his recent choke jobs in the Ashes. If he had continued his winning ways all the way till today even with a declining team, yes he would have been rated as the best. At one point, yes he was the best as far as I am concerned. I don't care what the captain does, just show me the results.
What is Lady Jaya's win%? Ponting's legacy has been tainted by his recent choke jobs in the Ashes. If he had continued his winning ways all the way till today even with a declining team, yes he would have been rated as the best. At one point, yes he was the best as far as I am concerned. I don't care what the captain does, just show me the results.
Okay, maybe your definition of captaincy may not be same as mine. :winky: nd we're not even talking about what Dhoni does with a declining team, but we don't have enough overseas matches with the strong team itself to compare him with previous captains. We'll have a comparison once he plays that much matches. And we'll obviously see his skills after Sachu, Laxy etc retires. If he still maintains his success, I'll readily accept him as the best. :icflove: Lady jaya's win % is 53%, way ahead of Ranatunga, etc.