What is Dhoni's contribution to the team?

nballa

I'd say dhoni is like :punter:' date=' will reap us maximum results when Sach, VVS etc are playing and will continue to dominate the limited overs arena. Heck I'd back him to lead us to the world cup victory this year. :)[/quote'] Yaar Zodaic ,who according to you is the best captain you have ever seen,seems like you know everything about what makes a great captain
Sometimes you say win/loss ratio doent give the perfect picture about captains ability and then you talk about bettering previous captains records' date='anyways Dhoni has already bettered most of previous captain's records[/quote'] Let him at first do that (bare minimum) and lets talk is what he said.
Not just tontee tontee, It was a tournament which involved more than 2 countries and for a change with Dhoni we not only entered the final but also won. IMO Dhoni has already bettered what captains before him have done in LOI's He has also had a brilliant run in Tests at home, ab baki hai toh his away record, which I may add, even if he manages to draw, will better what captains before him have done. :D
Agree, wish you had read all my posts. Am shouting about this for long. Let him Beter or Equal in test what previous captains have done. He is our best LOI captain no doubt about it.
OMGGGG :hysterical: No one's denying his achievements in the ODIs but bringing tontee tontee into this is just :giggle: Not to forget he lead us to the first Champions league victory. :two_thumbs_up:
Zod, it was a raw team which he led back then, no one gave them a chance, it was without SRT, RD and SCG and yeah it was an international tournament with equal credential. That changed everything for the Indian Team. We went on to win the Tri Series Multiple Tournaments held in SL Beat England 5-0 was it? or 7-0? Test Wins Asia Cup That T20 WC, which you are belittling today actually set the tone for this team, to go on to become the no.1 side in tests and odi's Unfortunately our past captains dont even come close to what dhoni has done. :D
Zod, it was a raw team which he led back then, no one gave them a chance, it was without SRT, RD and SCG and yeah it was an international tournament with equal credential. That changed everything for the Indian Team. We went on to win the Tri Series Multiple Tournaments held in SL Beat England 5-0 was it? or 7-0? Test Wins Asia Cup That T20 WC, which you are belittling today actually set the tone for this team, to go on to become the no.1 side in tests and odi's Unfortunately our past captains dont even come close to what dhoni has done. :D
Yes but only in ODIS, test captains were much Beter or not only time will say :D
Agree' date=' wish you had read all my posts. Am shouting about this for long. [b']Let him Beter or Equal in test what previous captains have done. He is our best LOI captain no doubt about it.
Andy he has already done most of it, now he only has to play SA and Aus away and even draws there would be enough to justify his title as the best.
Not just tontee tontee, It was a tournament which involved more than 2 countries and for a change with Dhoni we not only entered the final but also won. IMO Dhoni has already bettered what captains before him have done in LOI's He has also had a brilliant run in Tests at home, ab baki hai toh his away record, which I may add, even if he manages to draw, will better what captains before him have done. :D
a. No one is denying what he achieved as captain or player in ODIs. b. Tontee tontee counts? Were a b grade team like Pakis were two time finalists and one time semi finalists? Nuff said. c. Let him do that first to even have a debate about his greatness.
Answered above. Ever heard about coincidence? :giggle: So tontee tontee win is what propelled us to no.1 ranking eh? :--D
Andy he has already done most of it' date=' now he only has to play SA and Aus away and even draws there would be enough to justify his title as the best.[/quote'] ENG too. Yes drawing shall help. BTW all previous captains have beaten AUS at home, Eng at home, even they have beaten SA home. So to balance that Dhoni have drawn SL away. So dont see how he has betered. Equaled true. To beter or equal he atleast needs to draw away in ENG, SA, AUS.
a. No one is denying what he achieved as captain or player in ODIs. b. Tontee tontee counts? Were a b grade team like Pakis were two time finalists and one time semi finalists? Nuff said. c. Let him do that first to even have a debate about his greatness.
its your opinion,for me even if there is a 5 over icc world cup,it is of high importance

About 'b' yes tontee tontee WC counts, not because of the shambolic way its treated by the ICC, by keeping it after every two years and completely demeaning the entire tourney, but yet it is an international tournament with fiercly competing teams, atleast it was back in 07. Hence Tontee Tontee counts.

Answered above. Ever heard about coincidence? :giggle: So tontee tontee win is what propelled us to no.1 ranking eh? :--D
Arey bhai, are you trying to act dumb, coz I am sure enough that you arent, , the T20 win gave the team the belief they could win, win against all odds and in all conditions, it was the win that put Dhoni the skipper on the map.
Arey bhai' date=' are you trying to act dumb, coz I am sure enough that you arent, , the T20 win gave the team the belief they could win, win against all odds and in all conditions, it was the win that put Dhoni the skipper on the map.[/quote'] So 20-20 WC win is equaly Good to what Kapil Dev achived in 83?
And dont Compare 20-20 WC win with the 2003 WC finals. 2003 WC final ranks much higher. So 2011 WC will say a lot about his Captaincy.
World cup is world cup ,whether T20 or 50 OVERS,it would not have been big for you ,but it was very big for the players playing and most of Indians,
About 'b' yes tontee tontee WC counts, not because of the shambolic way its treated by the ICC, by keeping it after every two years and completely demeaning the entire tourney, but yet it is an international tournament with fiercly competing teams, atleast it was back in 07. Hence Tontee Tontee counts.
Ok, then I don't believe in such a tourney where run of the mill teams like P@kis make it to the top, I'm sorry. And why did we even failed to make it to the semis after that? :hmmm:

We didnt win the WC in 03, for the matter of fact, we hardly won any multi national tournaments under Ganguly and Dravid, we were always that elusive step away. Andy, No remembers you if come second, only the winners are remembered and as an Indian fan the 03 WC Finalist tag, isnt one of my proudest moments. With Dhoni, this team has learnt how to win these tournaments. The wins in Australia after 22 years and the Asia Cup win says all about the teams hunger and will to win under dhoni.

Arey bhai' date=' are you trying to act dumb, coz I am sure enough that you arent, , the T20 win gave the team the belief they could win, win against all odds and in all conditions, it was the win that put Dhoni the skipper on the map.[/quote'] T20 is pure slogging, where mediocre players like afridi can be superstars and classy players can be a joke, so yes I don't rate tontee tontee. Obviously it's all subjective.